hulika

Author Topic: Other ways of bringing your pedals, anyone?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Other ways of bringing your pedals, anyone?
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
There's the pedal board, then there's 'put everything in a bag'.  Any other weird approach you do (that falls in the middle)?  For example, I'm looking to bring everything to be able to mix and match later, but I don't want scratches and dings on the pedals.

What do session guys do?  Those that don't rely on modellers and multis anyway.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:44:42 PM by siore »
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Other ways of bringing your pedals, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
i don't think there'll be another feasible way of bringing or carrying our pedals with us... unless we have an available roadie and a vehicle that has ample room for all of our gear at the back...

though, someone might be able to suggest something else... :D
[

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:45:20 PM »

^^ If I stick this on both sides of an old attache case, would it have enough room and [transportation] grip for pedals?  Would rugby adhere properly?

Got the idea from this:
http://www.bedroom-boards.com/
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:28:54 AM »

Got the idea from this:
http://www.bedroom-boards.com/

hey that's Dan's site. Cool dude.

You're still better off with a pedal board. Probably as small as your old attache case?
Mixing and matching later - changing the order? You can do that with a pedal board. Also helps if you have ample space between them.
If they're very close to each other, wired or not, there's the risk of scratches - pedals scratching off each other, cables scratching the pedals, etc. . - also applies to the old attache case with foam route.
Or, go old school, put them in the boxes and then in a bag or case. Which of course, is totally inconvenient.

EDIT: if you're going to put foam on top of the pedals, make sure it's not so thick as I read somewhere that it's not good for the knobs.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:56:33 AM »
a forumite wraps his pedals in thick Burlington athletic socks and then carries them in a bag.

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
during my college days, I tried putting my wah and od in their boxes and assembling them before the gig.  :-)

Offline chocolait

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
if you have a big pedal board not the flight case type. it'll help as an alternative to carrying the pedal board is to put in in a stroller, (one that is used by school kids).

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
hey that's Dan's site. Cool dude.

You're still better off with a pedal board. Probably as small as your old attache case?
Mixing and matching later - changing the order? You can do that with a pedal board. Also helps if you have ample space between them.
If they're very close to each other, wired or not, there's the risk of scratches - pedals scratching off each other, cables scratching the pedals, etc. . - also applies to the old attache case with foam route.
Or, go old school, put them in the boxes and then in a bag or case. Which of course, is totally inconvenient.

EDIT: if you're going to put foam on top of the pedals, make sure it's not so thick as I read somewhere that it's not good for the knobs.

Frankly, me no likey velcro, or if bike chains are used then ease of changing order is compromised.  The bedroom boards website I've stumbled upon on TGP, and it seems a lot of guys are like me in that weird unreasonable way also.  :-D :-D
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline caiLLORIN

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
a forumite wraps his pedals in thick Burlington athletic socks and then carries them in a bag.

:lol: HAHA! +1

I think pedalboards with cases are the best, safest, and most convenient way to bring pedals around. It protects you gear from scratches, dings, and puking crowd members while entering and exiting the gig spot.  :-)

Pero nung wala pa akong board, nag-cacargo pants ako and linalagay ko yung 2 pedals ko dun.  :-D

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »
i know you mentioned bag and i would use a laptop bag(sporty ones) for that.
What you own, owns you.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »
Frankly, me no likey velcro, or if bike chains are used then ease of changing order is compromised.  The bedroom boards website I've stumbled upon on TGP, and it seems a lot of guys are like me in that weird unreasonable way also.  :-D :-D

I used bike chains when I made my own pedal boards (and sold them with the chains). But now I'm using pedal train. Not gonna look back. And my hands look better now. lawl
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 04:08:04 AM »
maybe I'll post a pic of my pedal board if I can find the time, i think it's what you've been looking for...

no velcro, durable, compact.

Offline shift015

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »
i know you mentioned bag and i would use a laptop bag(sporty ones) for that.

ako rin. i use my old laptop bag. i'm thinking of placing cardboard or thin plywood on it for stiffness. :p
Behringer BO-100 Blues Overdrive
Compressor from Cacophony
ShredHead from MarkV SD-1 from MaxiMusikero & my significant udder more to come! :D RIGHTEOUS GAS!!!