hulika

Author Topic: what is the best overdrive pedal you heard?  (Read 143985 times)

Offline dizzymark

Re: what is the best overdrive pedal you heard?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 08:43:34 PM »
Ibby TS808 for me siguro  :-D
People I've dealt with/references: phoenix_rising, fraudulentzodiac, BossingBoss, deltaslim, bluescon, nicosci, kenzu, dubista, kelvinator, spankyrigor, mahavishnu, youarehere, pao2pao, pochbelmonte, mandoytz, JoeF, kdc123, PedallionPH, musicjunkie

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »
for tubed OD pedals, the best ones i've tried are:

-Maxon ROD881 OD
-BK Butler A-spec (4-knob version) Tube Driver
-Radial Tonebone Hot British and Plexi

for solid-state ODs:

-Fulltone OCD
-Barber Burn Unit/Small Fry
-Klon Centaur
-HBE Power Screamer
-BOSS OD-3
-Keeley TS9
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline ritch_079

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
sa mern ako ngyon, i really like the sound of turbo mode of od-2 sa scalarized ibby ko.. pero ung strat, ndi ko mahuli sa od-2.. so BM gamit ko sa strat.. hehe

wla ba dyan magbebenta ng sd-2?? hehehe
meron akong tone driver.. bka cnong gsto makipagtrade, add nalng ako cash.. hehe

Offline dvd9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 09:22:16 PM »
@rich

magkano mo benta tonedriver mo?
pm me

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »
BK Butler Tube Driver   :-)
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 10:20:50 PM »
hmmm... heard? hmm.. mesa vtwin siguro.. next na ang sd2 for me.

i've tried the following though:
1) boss od2
2) boss sd2 - currently own one
3) boss bd2
4) bad monkey
5) ts9 and ts9dx
6) sansamp triac and gt2 - not really overdrive pedals, but can serve the purpose of being one.

Chito

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 10:49:28 PM »
Too many overdrive pedals around.  And it would really depend on a lot of factors,  like what amp you are using, the type of guitar you have, the kind of tone you want, the kind of music you are playing. I think asking what is THE BEST OVERDRIVE is too limiting. As an example, if I use a TS9 voiced overdrive pedal like an SD-1 with a Fender Twin, you get just enough mids to get you to cut through the mix, if I use it with the Peavey Classic 30, the mids are more pronouced giving a different tone.

The best overdrive pedal really is the one that works for you. Mine is an HBE Powerscreamer which I find is one of the most versatile OD pedals around. For the price, the BM is a good choice too. Have not tried the Klon and the Tim which quite a number of people attest to as the "best" OD pedal.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »
With my style im happy with the fuzz factory, on other days a badmonkey will do 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »
My Nobels ODR-1 (really nice, i doubt if i'll ever sell this one).....  although i hope to get a TS9 reissue soon....

Chum

Now, we are 3 who owns this relic pedal  :-D I think SpilledMilk also has this gem! I think, this is the warmest OD that I've used (TS9, Bad Monkey, SD-1, OD-3) It can also go to distortion zone as well... really the best money I've ever spent on!! Couple it with a TS-9 (stock) sustain heaven...................

Vintage rules!!
  :mrgreen:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 08:59:27 AM »
yjm 308

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 09:06:51 AM »
With my style im happy with the fuzz factory, on other days a badmonkey will do 8-)

Ano yun favorite setting mo??? Share naman dyan! hehe..

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 10:05:20 PM »
The "best" overdrive pedal is your next one.  ;-)

But right now, it's a tossup between an FD2 (for single coils) and Tim (for HBs).

lufet yung tim. i like it more as a dirt pedal than a boost for OD'ing the amp though.

madaming maganda. depende kung saan mo gagamitin and ano ang sasaksakan.

thank you, thank you. :lol: :lol:
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 10:29:23 PM »
Marshall Drivemaster
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 02:03:36 AM »
does it have enough output for that? saan ang unity with very light dirt dialed in?

yung ultra fuzz has plenty of output too and can double as an od din. unity is at around 11 o clock with very little dirt dialed in. past that it'll give your spittly tone extra oomph.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »
does it have enough output for that? saan ang unity with very light dirt dialed in?

yung ultra fuzz has plenty of output too and can double as an od din. unity is at around 11 o clock with very little dirt dialed in. past that it'll give your spittly tone extra oomph.
Also have the ultra fuzz, nice pedal as well 8-) the Zvex FF drastically cleans up around 8-8.5ish. Different shades of dirt from 8-10.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 09:55:35 AM by pallas »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
I have three that I really like A Fulltone Fulldrive 2, a Lovepedal Cot 50 and a Lovepedal Eternity. They're nice and they do the OD thing for me pretty well.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 10:51:32 AM »
FULLTONE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DRIVE!  :-D

But for my working rig.

BOSS SD-1
Get Wylde.

Offline wutuwutu

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 10:54:11 AM »
i lyk bd2... kasi blue sya..  :-D sarap tingnan sa pedal board... im into the looks..heheheheh
Steady lang...

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 06:43:30 PM »
boss od3
dod classic tube
marshall drive master
marshall shredmaster - set yer geetar's volume knob to 2 or 3 and you've got a great sounding od for a dist pedal.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 09:23:06 PM »
i lyk bd2... kasi blue sya..  :-D sarap tingnan sa pedal board... im into the looks..heheheheh
you just changed my mind about spray painting my keeleys. i wanted the ds1 florescent pink and the bd2 florescent green. :-D

Offline wutuwutu

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2007, 10:10:17 PM »
you just changed my mind about spray painting my keeleys. i wanted the ds1 florescent pink and the bd2 florescent green. :-D

how about glow-in-the-dark spray paints? i also lyk my sd1 to be transparent, literally.hehehehe.. fiber glass, watcha think? ey? :-D
Steady lang...

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007, 09:44:02 AM »
The "best" overdrive pedal is your next one.  ;-)

But right now, it's a tossup between an FD2 (for single coils) and Tim (for HBs).

lufet yung tim. i like it more as a dirt pedal than a boost for OD'ing the amp though.

madaming maganda. depende kung saan mo gagamitin and ano ang sasaksakan.

thank you, thank you. :lol: :lol:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D :D :D  :lol:

Offline TGIW

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
My Nobels ODR-1 (really nice, i doubt if i'll ever sell this one).....  although i hope to get a TS9 reissue soon....

Chum

Now, we are 3 who owns this relic pedal  :-D I think SpilledMilk also has this gem! I think, this is the warmest OD that I've used (TS9, Bad Monkey, SD-1, OD-3) It can also go to distortion zone as well... really the best money I've ever spent on!! Couple it with a TS-9 (stock) sustain heaven...................

Vintage rules!!

i had 1 of this.. it can really drive the tube amps!! transparently.......and thinking to make 1 DIY with a true bypass..
I compare it to my  DIY Landgraff DOD and 1 of my japanesse pedal overdrive..it has different sounding.. paglalong tumatagal sumasakit ang ears ko...heheh..pero sa Nobels pasok na pasok!! :-D..

ito review ng isa.....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4100237625254262444&q=nobels+odr-1&hl=en

Si Sir Oloc meron din nito!!! :-D.... and 1 of our pinoy giutarist idol has one of this right now!!! :-o
Sana pareview din sila!!!  :-D  :-D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 11:02:59 AM by TGIW »
Are You The Man From Afghanistan??? - George W. Bush

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2007, 11:40:37 PM »

Chum

Vintage rules!!

i had 1 of this.. it can really drive the tube amps!! transparently.......and thinking to make 1 DIY with a true bypass..
I compare it to my  DIY Landgraff DOD and 1 of my japanesse pedal overdrive..it has different sounding.. paglalong tumatagal sumasakit ang ears ko...heheh..pero sa Nobels pasok na pasok!! :-D..

ito review ng isa.....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4100237625254262444&q=nobels+odr-1&hl=en

Si Sir Oloc meron din nito!!! :-D.... and 1 of our pinoy giutarist idol has one of this right now!!! :-o
Sana pareview din sila!!!  :-D  :-D

Nice nice!!! Dapat may secret coalition tyo!! IF you have this pedal especially the older one... not the re-issue, keep it!! Investment yan!  :-D Lumalaki re-sale value nito!!  :-D wooot!

Btw, san mo nakuha syo?
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2007, 01:15:41 AM »
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Rat yet ..

Probably has one of the widest gain sweeps of any dirt pedal, with very usable (and great) tones at every point. Fascinating lil' black box ..  :-)
"No static at all ..."