hulika

Author Topic: A hypothetical question for sound system providers this election period  (Read 1217 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Your sound system is in demand, and you only have one rig and crew to cater to one campaign assembly/miting de avance/campaign event/etc. 

There are two RIVAL candidates who want to rent your sound system for one whole day... CANDIDATE A wants to rent your rig for P150,000.00 cash while CANDIDATE B wants to rent your rig also but he can only raise up to P100,000.00, terms pa gusto.

But Candidate A is a known trapo, and you know he'll just "bawi" his campaign spending when he gets seated, while Candidate B is known to be honest and struggles just to be visible, at least, during campaign period.

Who will you provide your sound system for?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: A hypothetical question for sound system providers this election period
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »
like the saying goes "show me the money." one shouldn't care about the politics in this instance; want to use the gear? pay up, this ain't no charity. end of story.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:44:02 PM »
Its like asking this question.... you have a good and sharp kitchen knife. Juan, a chef whom you know cooks really good food and want to borrow your knife for  P10 in a day and he will give you part of what he will be cooking. Pedro, a desperate chef who couldnt cook a decent dish wants to borrow your knife for P1000 to stab Juan as he is so envious of his cooking. To whom shall you lend the knife?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:56:25 PM by nolit »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:05 PM »
Its like asking this question.... you have a good and sharp kitchen knife. Juan, a chef whom you know cooks really good food and want to borrow your knife for  P10 in a day and he will give you part of what he will be cooking. Pedro, a desperate chef who couldnt cook a decent dish wants to borrow your knife to stab Juan as he is so envious of his cooking. To whom shall you lend the knife?

Ahhh... nagutom ako.

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
mahirap maging "instrumental" sa taong gagawa ng kalokohan. imo
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
Your sound system is in demand, and you only have one rig and crew to cater to one campaign assembly/miting de avance/campaign event/etc. 

There are two RIVAL candidates who want to rent your sound system for one whole day... CANDIDATE A wants to rent your rig for P150,000.00 cash while CANDIDATE B wants to rent your rig also but he can only raise up to P100,000.00, terms pa gusto.

But Candidate A is a known trapo, and you know he'll just "bawi" his campaign spending when he gets seated, while Candidate B is known to be honest and struggles just to be visible, at least, during campaign period.

Who will you provide your sound system for?

I'll provide the sound system for Candidate A for P100,000 cash, then I'll give you the extra P50,000 so you will be the one to provide the sound system for Candidate B and get P150,000.  :evil:  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline alvincflorentino

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 11:43:46 AM »
My hypothetical response would be to give in to candidate B since he/she is known to be a good person and you've been known to despise trapos. My real response, however, is to provide your services to the higher paying group since this is a business despite the fact that you've been known to despise trapos...

One way of looking at it is the case of GMA-7. They've been known to be "walang kinikilingan, walang pino-protektahan," "serbisyong totoo," with a kind of "goody-goody" image. In spite of this, they allowed all the ads from candidates even before the campaign period began and everyone knows that's not "proper" but because the ads didn't contain the words "Vote Me," pwede na rin. Don't get me wrong, GMA-7 is the only station I watch because of this image. It gets to me sometimes but what can I do? In the end, what's good for business is good for the businessman.
Korg Kronos, Korg PolySix, Roland Juno-106/SH-101; Fender '57 strat/'52 tele, Gibson LP SL; Korg D16XD, dbx 266XL, Mackie 1402 VLZ, Roland UA-700 interface, Audio Technica AT-4033SE, Rode NT1-A, Studio Projects B1/B3;  Yamaha NS-10M, Alesis M1 Active MkII