hulika

Author Topic: My First Beginner's Kit  (Read 16320 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: My First Beginner's Kit
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2015, 08:02:50 PM »
Yep finish ang dahilan bakIt siya naka-sale. Anyways nice drum kit!

Thanks.

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2015, 03:59:42 PM »
and can i join?  :-D

dalin ko mapex saturn for side by side comparison

Pao can I be your roadie.

@firemodel can I join as well?

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2015, 05:45:11 PM »
This is not a Beginner's Kit... Ganda talaga... kailan ba EB?

Offline NATSBRATS

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2015, 11:52:29 PM »
This is not a Beginner's Kit... Ganda talaga... kailan ba EB?

Sabi na nga ba.... hehehe..... :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »
Yes it does.  Just a little bit more wait as I fix the order in the house...

thanks loads, alex. hahaha let me know so that peeves and I can swing by :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 04:05:18 PM »
napapaisip ako pag nag professional kit na siya. anu kaya mukha ng kit ni sir. :cry: :cry: :cry:
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2015, 09:37:20 AM »
napapaisip ako pag nag professional kit na siya. anu kaya mukha ng kit ni sir. :cry: :cry: :cry:

siguro exotic wood stave drum shells tsaka mga Kerope at Bosphorus cymbals  :cry:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2015, 09:52:01 AM »
Craviotto na siguro. or Truth Drums hahahaha
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
Craviotto na siguro. or Truth Drums hahahaha
siguro exotic wood stave drum shells tsaka mga Kerope at Bosphorus cymbals  :cry:

haha! brady na super exotic staves galing sa amazon forest,haha or kaya eto. nakakastress na snare drums
http://www.stanbridgedrums.com
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2015, 08:24:28 AM »
haha! brady na super exotic staves galing sa amazon forest,haha or kaya eto. nakakastress na snare drums
http://www.stanbridgedrums.com

stave shell tapos hardwood hoops, pati yung throwoff kahoy!  :cry:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2015, 01:14:52 PM »
But there's more...

Look at what arrived:

We have to unzip it:

Can you guess?

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
pink floyd!!!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2015, 08:33:58 AM »
But there's more...

Look at what arrived:

We have to unzip it:

Can you guess?

NICE.

OT: those numbers along the lugs annoy the hell out of me  <_<

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »
ang weird ko, mas gusto ko yung bag HAHAHAHA

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2015, 09:58:29 AM »

para kahit naka Pearl ka lang, may dating na agad  :lol:

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »

ako rin. kaya lang almost 6k pesos kaya mas mura mag hardcase hahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »
ako rin. kaya lang almost 6k pesos kaya mas mura mag hardcase hahaha

balik sa stagg snare bag =)) PHP 799

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »
SOUND CLIP pls...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
More Shots of the Pink Floyd Snare:

Its Number#62 out of 250 produced worldwide

Normally, I am not into these things.  My primary reason for buying this snare drum is to match the black rims of my drumset.  But it proved to be better sounding than my Tama John Tempesta Snare!!!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
My two cents worth of review and key learnings with regards to drums:

This specific DW set and snare sound great and despite the dominant imagery of DW as a drum set for pop, country, fusion, etc. anything except metal.  This set proves otherwise.  When tuned to the resonant frequency of the shells, the Drum Set sounds huge and responsive.  The 22x20 bass drums are exactly what they should sound like for a double bass set up.  No EQ needed.  I repeat... No EQ needed.  They sound punchy and deliver a solid THUD every time.  The snare is thick sounding with a built in reverb effect that makes your snare drum sound huge.  I use DW9000 hardware and I like them because they are ultimately adjustable and friendly to use.  It feels that DW made sure that their hardware is designed to adapt to you instead of otherwise.  Moreover, contrary to popular opinion, the thicker 9000 series allows you to use the numerous attachments of DW which I realized would just be too dangerous on thinner DW hardware. DW MDDs are just the best period.  It is the most responsive pedal ever made to this date (not surprising given that its the newest) but surprising given that it delivers on all promises in this day and age where people think tama and pearl drum pedals, trick are the most advanced in design.  DW beats them in the feel department.   I was pleasantly surprised and I give this set and purchase experience a 9.5 out of 10.

Key Learnings (Controversial in nature):
1. Japanese Drums are inferior in sound to Top Tier USA and European Drums. Yup, thats right.  This is what I learnt in Japan where the Japanese themselves think of pearl, tama, yamaha as the toyotas, mitsubishis and nissans.  What did it for me, was the ICON snare matching up with the DW collector's kit.  Americans and Europeans, like guitar amps, just voice their drum sets much better.
2. All high end drum models of a brand will start to sound similar -- not true.  Japanese drums tend to be more trebly and thin which people think is great for cut thru specially metal.  But in the end, its fatiguing and just not musical.  If you need to adjust your choice of drum set to cut thru a thick guitar sound mix, that only means your guitarists are using crappy guitars and amps.  Tell them to change their equipment.
3. I wanted to like Tama but they ain't just as musical as DW collector's.  I just realized I hated how Ibanez sounds and now realized why I cannot seem to like the sound of Tama despite what my mind wants to.  If you really want Japanese, the more high end brands -- which is really mid tier in japan are canopus and sakae.  Low end talaga ang tama, pearl, and yamaha.  For example, walang sinabi sa tunog ang high end the Yamaha sa high end ng Sakae or Canopus.  By the way, Sakae used to make the high end of Yamaha.
4. If you want to buy Pearl, Tama or Yamaha.  Buy in Japan and buy Made in Japan.  They are equal in price to what the FUKED up Made in China and where ever else 'low priced' models of the local retailers.  This was my biggest shock.  The P36,000 (cash discount already applied) Tama John Tempesta only costs P19,000 brand new in Japan.
5.  Of course, in ANY brand, there are stars and duds among drumsets.  But on the average USA made Gretsch, USA made DW collectors, and German made Sonor will sound more musical.  You owe it to yourself to try them and buy them (if you can save up for them).  Most of the music we listen to is of European and American in Nature, naturally the American and European Brands just get it right with voicing.
6. If you want a maple kit or at least a kit with a majority of maple plies, get a USA made set from Gretsch or DW.  I believe they have better sourcing of maple than the Japanese for the simple reason that they are closer to the source and have first access to toneful maple.  (This is conjecture on my part but like my experience in guitars, I believe it is so.)
7. DW is not only known for hardware but for finishes.  And I have to say they have the best finish in terms of options and craftsmanship. 
8. DW support material is excellent.  You feel like a proud owner of a collector's edition.  They give the impression that everything is thought of and never left to chance.
9. Like Guitar, its a function of money.  Though some expensive stuff are not worth it or duds like the kitano titanium snare that I tried, generally, the more expensive sets deliver more not only the small details but generally the sound.
10.  That being said, feel free to disregard Numbers 1-9.  And just enjoy drumming.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »
7. DW is not only known for hardware but for finishes.  And I have to say they have the best finish in terms of options and craftsmanship. 

Definitely. Most of the finishes they post on their facebook page are just really beautiful

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2015, 09:18:18 AM »
^^^ I was gonna react on Alex's statement about a Gretsch sounding better than a pearl or tama. then i forgot, he said USA Made. HAHAHAHA

if it were the taiwan gretsch duds, i'd have to say otherwise. pearl or tama will def kick the gretsch out. and I'm not even gonna mention the lugs issue sa gretsch hahaha.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2015, 03:15:33 PM »
^^^ I was gonna react on Alex's statement about a Gretsch sounding better than a pearl or tama. then i forgot, he said USA Made. HAHAHAHA

if it were the taiwan gretsch duds, i'd have to say otherwise. pearl or tama will def kick the gretsch out. and I'm not even gonna mention the lugs issue sa gretsch hahaha.

On a positive note, USA made drums are really value for money compared to USA made Guitars. LOL.  I mean one true historic Gibson is already equal to a set good quality toms and snare along with high end cymbals.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:50:58 AM by firemodel55 »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
On a positive note, USA made drums are really value for money compared to USA made Guitars. LOL.  I mean one true historic Gibson is already equal to a good quality toms and snare along with high end cymbals.

true that hahaha dru gas usually revolves around snares. its hard to have numerous kits eh HAHAHA

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
10.  That being said, feel free to disregard Numbers 1-9.  And just enjoy drumming.

Brings a tear to my eye.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html