hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1784872 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Rush DIY, Timmy

yung rush mo, malinis ko nang gawa yan HAHAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sweeplikevai

• Forum Fanatic
wow, nice,  :)
everybody's talkin 'bout new sound,, funny but its still rock en roll to me..

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pasensya na sa shameless plug. I was once part of this group building my own pedals. Unfortunately, creating pedals wasn't really my forte kahit gusto ko man ibalik ung hobby na un.
Shout out to this group and especially to cacophony for teaching me.

Pasensya na kung epal ako ngayon, pero gusto ko parin mag stay sa grupo na ito. Hindi man sa pag gawa ng pedals. Pero sa pag supply ng DIY parts bilang pasasalamat

Sana tankilikin niyo! My store is opening soon. Isa isa nang dumarating supplies ko. At isa isa ko narin snshoot

Ive been developing e-commerce website for years now.. And for the past 5 months, I have been building one specifically for this one.
A modern built online store for DIY pedals is coming your way. Hope you guys will like it once I launched

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:33:53 PM by pao2pao16 »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Pasensya na sa shameless plug. I was once part of this group building my own pedals. Unfortunately, creating pedals wasn't really my forte kahit gusto ko man ibalik ung hobby na un.
Shout out to this group and especially to cacophony for teaching me.

Pasensya na kung epal ako ngayon, pero gusto ko parin mag stay sa grupo na ito. Hindi man sa pag gawa ng pedals. Pero sa pag supply ng DIY parts bilang pasasalamat

Sana tankilikin niyo! My store is opening soon. Isa isa nang dumarating supplies ko. At isa isa ko narin snshoot

Ive been developing e-commerce website for years now.. And for the past 5 months, I have been building one specifically for this one.
A modern built online store for DIY pedals is coming your way. Hope you guys will like it once I launched

hey pao! hope you'll carry the ICs and components na hard to find :) loads of luck brother!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
hey pao! hope you'll carry the ICs and components na hard to find :) loads of luck brother!

Thank you!
The website is already live.

https://dragon-switch.com

email me at info@dragon-switch.com to request parts if you don't see what you are looking for

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thank you!
The website is already live.

https://dragon-switch.com

email me at info@dragon-switch.com to request parts if you don't see what you are looking for

ikaw pala yan ha.. builder ka pa din.. you won't go this direction if you were not..

-Emil

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
anyone who sells contact cleaner? Sumasablay na yung engage switch ng soulfood ko. :(
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
anyone who sells contact cleaner? Sumasablay na yung engage switch ng soulfood ko. :(

ace papsi. mura lang yan!

Offline hordex

• Veteran Member
Anyone here selling 4pdt silent switch? Please Pm me. Thanks!

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus

stay away lang sa mga contact cleaners na may "silicone residue".. after a while gamitin, sure tutunawin ng liquid-based material yun mga dumi.. kaya in an instant magiging ok ang connections.. but after days matuyo yun liquid material.. matitira is yun gooey silicone compound akala mo gel.. then after how many days magiging matigas ito.. mistulang asin.. next thing you know may noise na sa audio line mo..  :-(

so i would prefer cleaning it with a contact cleaner na walang silicone residue.. kasi from the word itself "CONTACT CLEANER".. it was really meant for things with frequent contacts like "hinges" "gears" etc.. now silicone is a good absorbent of "heat".. so contact cleaners tend to leave silicone to avoid friction after the liquid material cleans all oxidized dirt such as rust etc..

now sa mga connectors and switches, most especially dumadaan ang signal (audio line).. silicone are not a very good conductor.. in fact insulators sila.. so they will act as dirt between connections.. and so it may or always introduce cracklings or electrostatic noises..

so it is best to use alcohol-based cleaners because it evaporates easily aside from a good cleaner too..

try denatured alcohol..

Offline harmonicconverger

• Netizen Level
San po kaya may step bit locally. Tagal pag lazada e. Wala din po sa ace hardware sa calamba. :(

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
San po kaya may step bit locally. Tagal pag lazada e. Wala din po sa ace hardware sa calamba. :(

oo nga sir up until now wala pa din ako niyan ngayon :(

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
3 in 1 plus 1... Buxom boost > Dirty Shirley > FX loop (for preamp) > Disaster Transport Jr.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
3 in 1 plus 1... Buxom boost > Dirty Shirley > FX loop (for preamp) > Disaster Transport Jr.

ganda ng pcb mo bro ah parang yaring makina, are those multi-
layer pcb's?

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
ganda ng pcb mo bro ah parang yaring makina, are those multi-
layer pcb's?

Yes Master Emil. Bugg FX made these. Awesome as usual.  :-D

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Yes Master Emil. Bugg FX made these. Awesome as usual.  :-D

awesome bugg fx.. i opened your photo in another tab/window and zoom in to find an inscription "PedalPCB.com" their pcb templates resembles that is yours or bugg fx as you were saying.. ganda bro thanks for these, very tempting!

good thoughts!

• Netizen Level
Ano pong use ng Vcc at diodes sa output ng pedal? Salamat po.

Vcc <-----|<---------●---------|<----------- Gnd
                    Output jack

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus

Output jack

Vcc refers to the voltage connected to the collector of a bipolar transistor (npn).. not unless you mean Vc which refers to voltage relative to the ground..

though mukhang diode bias but usually nasa input yan ng isang class ab or push-pull amplifier and medyo baliktad ang symbol or polarity..

it's quite new for me  :-(

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
incase that's a diode biasing.. check mo each diode's current leakages or voltage drop.. pareho dapat if you want a perfect bias..

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus

Output jack

I've seen that being done near the input jack, but not the output. At certain boost settings of an overdrive, the diodes kick in to make sure the level stays at a certain range, and not any more than that, kind of like clipping diodes.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
I've seen that being done near the input jack, but not the output. At certain boost settings of an overdrive, the diodes kick in to make sure the level stays at a certain range, and not any more than that, kind of like clipping diodes.

the purpose of bias if it were the purpose (class ab/push pull amp) → is to cut gain current.. now gain current on input signals would mean a high transconductance and so distorted output signal.. so it was meant to clean output signal of the amplifier.. every electronic parts has it's capacitance, inductance & resistance.. just like this diode say that is 1N4001 having 0.05mA to 1mA leakage current at 50V is 1MΩ to 500KΩ.. where as → if both diodes are at it's peak leakage current it will yield 25V @0.025uA

as to diode clippings → without the other diode connected to Vcc.. puwedeng negative diode clipping.. diode clippings are limiters.. as to negative diode clipping it will limit the negative half cycle of the sinusoidal waveform of the output signal..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:26:49 AM by emil_murillo »

• Netizen Level
Salamat po ng maraming marami. Nalinawan na po ako. :) salamat sa mga sumagot at tumulong. I hope to learn more.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus

the purpose of bias if it were the purpose (class ab/push pull amp) → is to cut gain current.. now gain current on input signals would mean a high transconductance and so distorted output signal.. so it was meant to clean output signal of the amplifier.. every electronic parts has it's capacitance, inductance & resistance.. just like this diode say that is 1N4001 having 0.05mA to 1mA leakage current at 50V is 1MΩ to 500KΩ.. where as → if both diodes are at it's peak leakage current it will yield 25V @0.025uA

as to diode clippings → without the other diode connected to Vcc.. puwedeng negative diode clipping.. diode clippings are limiters.. as to negative diode clipping it will limit the negative half cycle of the sinusoidal waveform of the output signal..

I see, thank you for the explanation. I first saw that when I was reading my amp's effects loop schematic, and mistakenly thought it to be a way to prevent the signal from going over a certain level.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
I see, thank you for the explanation. I first saw that when I was reading my amp's effects loop schematic, and mistakenly thought it to be a way to prevent the signal from going over a certain level.

for biasing, aside from keeping a quiescent point to make bjt active, efficient & clean.. it's also a way to establish input impedances..

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:16:16 PM by emil_murillo »

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic

Newly Made Dual Series/Parallel Looper with Blender Knob and JHS Little Black Buffer on the side for fun. hehe

Made for a client  :) :) :)

Hopefully mas luminis pa ang wiring ko sa future!
Heart, Mind, Hands