hulika

Author Topic: Recommend Headphone monitors  (Read 6007 times)

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
Recommend Headphone monitors
« on: November 09, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »
To all pros/enthusiasts, what headphone monitor can you recommend?im just a noob in electronic music making so i'm looking for a "beginner/entry level" headphone that serve its purpose. We can also discuss others, entry level man o pang professional para madami choices :D
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline mixmasta

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Recommend Headphone monitors
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13:56 AM »
Monitor Headphones ba Sir? Flat / Natural sounds po yan. Try: Audio-Technica ATH M40.  :)

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Salamat s reply. San yan available? Ano pa ibang brand and model na flat ang response?
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline mixmasta

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:44 PM »
Usually po kasi sa online ako nag-oorder. Pero madami na pong Audio Technica sa Pinas. For branches in your area, I suggest na check niyo FB page ng Audio Technica sir.

Other monitor headphones:

Sony MDR- V Series
Shure SRH440

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »
Salamat mixmasta! sige icheck ko mga to  :)
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline Neon8

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:57:46 AM »
Sennheiser HD 25
I love music and all the possibilities it brings me these days.

Offline deevey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:11 AM »
Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 .... I have never heard ANY of the other "V series" that sound remotely good for studio work.

Surprisingly good (and available everywhere) though are the Marshall Majors, "almost" identical in sound to the Sony MDR's and very very comfortable and I'm probably going to buy a pair to replace my 14year old V6's. 

Sennheiser HD-25 as suggested are also a safe bet (NOT HD-25sp - they are a different model which will drive you crazy) 

Honestly the best thing to do is go to a headphone shop and test them all with a few songs you know very well...headphones are a very personal preference and one that is good for you might not even fit my head properly.

Others to check out:

TMA-1's
Beyerdynamic DT-770
If you are on a tight budget check out the SuperLux 660 and 661, again surprisingly good read the reviews on head-fi

Needless to say stay away from anything with a "Beats" logo - they are completely useless for production or monitoring.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:48:45 AM by deevey »