The Musician Forums > Pinoydrums

all about RUDIMENTS thread

<< < (27/28) > >>

maki123:
mga idol! help naman! di ko magets talaga ung mga rudiments na yan.. di ko makuhang mabilis, di ko makuha ung maayos na bounce! hirap na hirap ako :(

mrsticky:

--- Quote from: maki123 on June 03, 2012, 07:15:48 PM ---mga idol! help naman! di ko magets talaga ung mga rudiments na yan.. di ko makuhang mabilis, di ko makuha ung maayos na bounce! hirap na hirap ako :(

--- End quote ---

I'm no expert but I think you just need a little more patience, first off be sure to make good use of metronome, this really helps. Practice - there is no other choice. And practice in pillows, this strengthens your forearm, wrist and your control. Also find the comfortable grip and technique for you, and practice the rudiments one at a time, don't rush.

About the technique, I hope this helps because it did to me, BIGTIME. Its the open/close technique,
but some also use the wrist technique (whatever they call it) so just choose whichever is more easy and comfortable for you. :-D

jeff_proX40:
Single Stroke ( From Wrist Control to Finger Control **Let the pinky and ring finger push the stick to bounce**) Obkorz slow to fast and fast to slow.

LRLRLRLR

Dobol Stroke ( Same as above but with accent on the 2nd stroke)

LLRR LLRR LLRR

Paradidles (Same as above pero with Dynamics **Forte on 1st Stroke and Piano to Pianisomo on all others) - Big Letter malakas - small leter mahina

Single Paradidle
Lrll Rlrr Lrll Rlrr

Double Paradidle
Lrrll Rllrr Lrrll Rllrr

Triplets, Sixtuplets, 9tuplets, 12tuplets

3 @ 4/4 Sig
Lll Rrr Lll Rrr

6 @ 4/4 Sig
Llllll Rrrrrr Llllll Rrrrrr

9 @ 5/8 Sig
Lllllllll Rrrrrrrrr Lllllllll Rrrrrrrrr

12 @ 4/4 Sig
Llllllllllll Rrrrrrrrrrrr Llllllllllll Rrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmmmm ano pa ba?

harugrugrug:
blushda!!!!!! rLRL  rL-flam

Play it as triplet of 16th feel

yeney_mugc:
i'm honestly bored sa metronome - practice wise. so gumagamit ako background songs.
sa paradiddle, I sometimes enjoy using catch my breath ni kelly c as background. though mabagal, it sets my mood para sipagin magpractice.  :eek:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version