hulika

Author Topic: Golden Boys Musicians 50 y.o. and up  (Read 53430 times)

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
Re: Golden Boys Musicians 50 y.o. and up
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2014, 01:23:05 AM »
heck talaga bro buti na lang hindi ako composer hahaha puro cover band lang mga nasamahan ko..
nung late 70s me togs sila nina samapaguita, alive and kicking pa si ka edmund fortuno hehehe we were
honored to be front act sa isang event sa st scholastica marikina.. mga down to earth and real cool guys
the more nung nalaman nya perez din ako hahaha.. salamuch bro rogurats for sharing..

...for whatever it's worth, I'm sharing this: just saw Gary Perez on tv...if you or anybody here recognize the name?
got to exchange stories with the guy sometime in '79...alternated with his Band-era at the International Pub along
Timog Ave. that time and the casual chat happened during our break...now the guy says he's homeless today but blabbering something about delinquent apartment rentals and royalties of his songs that were claimed by somebody else...turns out it was Sampaguita...and Gary, looking haggard and much older, is gearing to file a lawsuit...

oh well...difficult as it seems...playing music has its dark sides too...heck!

Offline rogu_rats

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2014, 08:43:38 PM »
heck talaga bro buti na lang hindi ako composer hahaha puro cover band lang mga nasamahan ko..
nung late 70s me togs sila nina samapaguita, alive and kicking pa si ka edmund fortuno hehehe we were
honored to be front act sa isang event sa st scholastica marikina.. mga down to earth and real cool guys
the more nung nalaman nya perez din ako hahaha.. salamuch bro rogurats for sharing..
...oonga pala 'no? no relation ba? kita mo nga...buti ka pa bro, 70's pa lang nakatugtog ka na...ako kasi '82 pa yung 1st real band experience ko...where mga
bandmates 5-10 years younger..ako pa yung bagito altho sa pag-iisip, iba...kaya later on ako ginawa nilang leader...

kumusta ka na pala bro? 'hope everything's in good shape with you...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:23:37 PM by rogu_rats »
Nothing is easy;

But doing nothing IS!

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 11:11:46 PM »
Salamuch bro rogu_rats doing ok and coping sa mga bagong ailments hehehe joint pains, nodules sa thyroid and obstructed nasolacrimal duct
ung channel from mata to nasal area kaya madaling bumaha ng luha mata hehehe importante ok nman heart condition.. ikaw ba bro? sabihin mo lng pag
pwede ka na jam?

...oonga pala 'no? no relation ba? kita mo nga...buti ka pa bro, 70's pa lang nakatugtog ka na...ako kasi '82 pa yung 1st real band experience ko...where mga
bandmates 5-10 years younger..ako pa yung bagito altho sa pag-iisip, iba...kaya later on ako ginawa nilang leader...

kumusta ka na pala bro? 'hope everything's in good shape with you...

Offline teob duremdes

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »
Hello guys. I'm a GB too (turning 52 this coming Dec). I've started (stealthily he he) visiting this forum just recently and it feels great to find out that PM has a group of extremely talented and generous people whom we can express and share with, everything about our musicality. I'm from Calamba Laguna, can do a little guitar and vocals. I'm quite familiar with some of the oldies, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and even a bit of 2k and up. I may not be able to be here as frequent as most of you guys here do but I'll try to drop by as often as I can for updates. Any jam sched here in the south? Regards to all.

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:35 PM »
hi bro teob duremdes, welcome to GBM.. actually part 2 na etong thread..
nka jam pa lang as far BF Paranaque and BF Las Pinas pa lang... wala pa sa Laguna eh..
anyways it's been a good experience everytime parang matagal na mgkkakilala kpag nagkita-kita..
kaya natutuwa ako parang mga long lost brothers hehe salamuch..

Hello guys. I'm a GB too (turning 52 this coming Dec). I've started (stealthily he he) visiting this forum just recently and it feels great to find out that PM has a group of extremely talented and generous people whom we can express and share with, everything about our musicality. I'm from Calamba Laguna, can do a little guitar and vocals. I'm quite familiar with some of the oldies, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and even a bit of 2k and up. I may not be able to be here as frequent as most of you guys here do but I'll try to drop by as often as I can for updates. Any jam sched here in the south? Regards to all.

Offline teob duremdes

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2014, 09:54:05 PM »
Hi bro Boyet thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you're now in perfect shape. Wala bang video yung naging jamming nyo?  Pakita nyo naman samin he he. Godbless.

Offline Obetsouthport

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Sir ayus ang ginagawa inyo anyway I'm Obet velez si pa namn ako golden nababasa ko thread mo exciting Pasay lang ako hilig ko yung mga music na mga nabasa ko thanks

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2014, 09:56:38 PM »
Salamuch bro Obet for posting on this thread, ayuz yan basta band player na patuloy nghahanap ng 2g2gan.. tga southprt ja?
lapit yan sa pier kina delara hehehe altho tga Tondo si commander ko, tagal nko di nka daan dun.. nways ano gear mo?

Sir ayus ang ginagawa inyo anyway I'm Obet velez si pa namn ako golden nababasa ko thread mo exciting Pasay lang ako hilig ko yung mga music na mga nabasa ko thanks

Offline joceraz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
Any GBM here in north caloocan sector? 'PM me. Boyet perez and co. we miss you here.  :wave:

Offline rogu_rats

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2014, 03:36:45 AM »
Any GBM here in north caloocan sector? 'PM me. Boyet perez and co. we miss you here.  :wave:

...I only  have praises for the people I jammed with yesterday, Oct. 25...

...bros joceraz and Boyet delivered the goods while I didn't do my homework! hahhaaha!

along with Danny and Rod with Nilda, it was a pleasure being with your company...

bow ako sa inyo...salamuch 'ika nga ni bro Boyet...
Nothing is easy;

But doing nothing IS!

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2014, 01:07:59 AM »
salamuch indeed bro Joceraz for hosting a great jam evrytime for the North Golden Boys Musicians..
Salamuch bro Rogu_rats for gracing the jam, ikaw pinaka-experienced musician kagabi
dream come true nka jam tayo finally hehehe
(i dont want to talk about our ages anymore hahaha)
salamuch bros Rod (guitarist) and Dan (keyboard), great combination, had a grand time delivering bass lines out of the bix and out if nowhere heheheh
from Deodato to Benson to Ramsey to Benoit to Grusin to Astrud to Noel Pointer to Barry White to Mangione, Spyro Gyra
to Carpenters to Sergio Mendes to what have you mga 60s 70s 80s mga standards to jazz to pop jazz to acid jazz to jazz rock
ternohan pa ng sweet vox by Nilda.. I'd say para tayong pro bec we are hahaha nung araw..
partida pa bec first jam sa North Golden Boys sina Danny, Rogu_rats and Nilda despit the short notice..
til next jam hehehe (maigi short notice uli para matuloy hahaha)

...I only  have praises for the people I jammed with yesterday, Oct. 25...

...bros joceraz and Boyet delivered the goods while I didn't do my homework! hahhaaha!

along with Danny and Rod with Nilda, it was a pleasure being with your company...

bow ako sa inyo...salamuch 'ika nga ni bro Boyet...

Offline rogu_rats

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2014, 04:15:53 PM »
salamuch indeed bro Joceraz for hosting a great jam evrytime for the North Golden Boys Musicians..
Salamuch bro Rogu_rats for gracing the jam, ikaw pinaka-experienced musician kagabi
dream come true nka jam tayo finally hehehe
(i dont want to talk about our ages anymore hahaha)
salamuch bros Rod (guitarist) and Dan (keyboard), great combination, had a grand time delivering bass lines out of the bix and out if nowhere heheheh
from Deodato to Benson to Ramsey to Benoit to Grusin to Astrud to Noel Pointer to Barry White to Mangione, Spyro Gyra
to Carpenters to Sergio Mendes to what have you mga 60s 70s 80s mga standards to jazz to pop jazz to acid jazz to jazz rock
ternohan pa ng sweet vox by Nilda.. I'd say para tayong pro bec we are hahaha nung araw..
partida pa bec first jam sa North Golden Boys sina Danny, Rogu_rats and Nilda despit the short notice..
til next jam hehehe (maigi short notice uli para matuloy hahaha)
sobra ka naman bro Boyet...wala nga yata akong nagawa kundi kapain yung ginagawa nyo e...na-Alzheimer's nga ako ng todo...but all other things aside,
it's very refreshing spiritually...felt like matter doesn't age hahaha...age doesn't matter...went home partly disappointed and a bit frustrated because of myself(dahil nga sa
naghahabol ako sa inyo)pero very happy to have met all of you like meeting long-lost brothers...
Nothing is easy;

But doing nothing IS!

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »
long lost brothers.. i like that.. actually ganun ang golden boys musicians.. kelangan maghanapan..
and i'd like to share that experience to everyone.. ang sarap ng feeling each occassion na meet ko kayo isa-isa from south to central to north grabe layo layo pero rewarding..
the more nung maka-jam na.. i'd say ang babait nyo (ksama nako dun hehehe) and feel ko the feeling is mutual..
till next surprise jam.. mean time ingat lang tayo lagi.. let's take good care of ourselves..

sobra ka naman bro Boyet...wala nga yata akong nagawa kundi kapain yung ginagawa nyo e...na-Alzheimer's nga ako ng todo...but all other things aside,
it's very refreshing spiritually...felt like matter doesn't age hahaha...age doesn't matter...went home partly disappointed and a bit frustrated because of myself(dahil nga sa
naghahabol ako sa inyo)pero very happy to have met all of you like meeting long-lost brothers...

Offline joceraz

• Veteran Member

Offline meerdracke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
hullo bro boyet i see ng jam pala kayo sa north, where exactly bka malapit lang ako cheers

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2014, 12:08:58 AM »
ah yes bro meerdracke musta? actually deparo na ung place eh and there were 2 possible dates for the jam kaya medyo chambahan,
hehe btw san ka ba doon? basta ang way ko from makati is commonwealth tas left quirino, lusot sa greenfields tas susano tas deparo

hullo bro boyet i see ng jam pala kayo sa north, where exactly bka malapit lang ako cheers

Offline meerdracke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »
yo opposite way papun ta ko ng tungko but before pa tungko sa mat sienna lang,dito kc gear ko pero tiga lagro ako, from SM fairview right to quirino,BTW may na mention ka before yung joceraz fro caloocan anong side,anyway kmsta and thx for the reply hope maka view ng jamming ninyo cheers

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »
sori ha di ko alam tungko hehehe pero me ka jam din kami sa lagro, ung access is mindanao ave
after intersection ng regalado.. tas me dinadayp kami shawarma ung "try mo!" hehehe

yo opposite way papun ta ko ng tungko but before pa tungko sa mat sienna lang,dito kc gear ko pero tiga lagro ako, from SM fairview right to quirino,BTW may na mention ka before yung joceraz fro caloocan anong side,anyway kmsta and thx for the reply hope maka view ng jamming ninyo cheers

Offline meerdracke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2014, 06:54:42 AM »
lapit lang ako sa shawarma, bka mapunta uli kayo sa lagro text me 09178990544 patrick thx

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
ha? ikaw ba yan patrick naka double bass drums sa makati? tga lagro ka rin?

lapit lang ako sa shawarma, bka mapunta uli kayo sa lagro text me 09178990544 patrick thx

Offline meerdracke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2014, 08:04:54 AM »
yes my friend from lagro but at present staying at san jose del monte bul with my double bass

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »
Salamuch din for the fulfilling jam with real veterans like Sir Rogu_rats.. parang bisikleta lang yan.. you'll never forget how to pedal once you learned it hehehe
btw post ko sa free-for-all-artist forum ha..
salamuch din Sir Meerdracke.. God less us all para matagal pa mag-fade di ba...

ATTENTION: Golden Boys Musicians...this is a very unique thread(kasi endangered species na tayo!!!)...

PLEASE HUWAG PO NATING PABAYAAN ITONG GOLDEN THREAD NA ITO....THERE IS AND THERE CAN BE NO OTHER THREAD LIKE THIS!

Let's keep posting kahit pakwentu-kwento lang...ako nga after almost 4 years kwento lang kwento..nawala pa yung ibang ikinuwento sa lost threead...

sawakas naka-jam ko na rin sina bro Boyet Perez, Joel Razon a.k.a. joceraz  and Danny October 25, 2014 and it felt so good...

Offline rogu_rats

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2014, 12:24:52 PM »
Salamuch din for the fulfilling jam with real veterans like Sir Rogu_rats.. parang bisikleta lang yan.. you'll never forget how to pedal once you learned it hehehe
btw post ko sa free-for-all-artist forum ha..
salamuch din Sir Meerdracke.. God less us all para matagal pa mag-fade di ba...
hindi ako marunong mag-bisikleta...hahaha...maaaring mas experienced nga ako pero, in truth mas talented kayo kesa sa akin...naiinggit pa nga ako at di ko malaman
kung bakit di ko mapagkasya sa memory ko yung dami ng nalalaman nyo tugtugin...limited capacity yata yung naibigay sa aking memory...walang warranty...hehehe
Nothing is easy;

But doing nothing IS!

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
 :-D     happy holidays  mga kapwa golden boys!!!!
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2014, 01:01:01 AM »
Yes yes Merry Christmas to all Golden Boys Musicians and followers of this golden thread.

:-D     happy holidays  mga kapwa golden boys!!!!