hulika

Author Topic: Nestle Scientists Find Method to Cut Sugar in Chocolate by 40%  (Read 755 times)

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Nestle Scientists Find Method to Cut Sugar in Chocolate by 40%
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »
Nestle SA says it found a way to reduce the amount of sugar in chocolate by as much as 40 percent, a discovery that may give the KitKat maker an edge as food producers face increasing pressure from governments, health advocates and shoppers to make products healthier.

The world’s largest food company has developed a process to alter the structure of sugar that makes it taste sweeter in smaller amounts, according to Chief Technology Officer Stefan Catsicas, who declined to specify what that involves. Nestle will start selling confectionery products made that way in 2018 and will gradually reduce their sugar content, he said in an interview.

Big food companies that also include Mondelez International Inc. and PepsiCo Inc. are scrambling to create healthier products to reduce their reliance on treats laden with sugar and salt. It comes as the U.K., Mexico and some U.S. cities implement sugar taxes to help fight childhood obesity and diabetes, which affects four times as many people now than in 1980. The World Health Organization has said increasing the price of sugary drinks by 20 percent would reduce consumption by a fifth.

“We want people to get used to a different taste, a taste that would be more natural,” Catsicas said. “We really want to be the drivers of the solution.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-30/nestle-scientists-find-method-to-cut-sugar-in-chocolate-by-40?cmpid=socialflow-facebook-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Nestle Scientists Find Method to Cut Sugar in Chocolate by 40%
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:33:05 AM »
China gives the finger as they yell "MAGIC SHUGA!"
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis