hulika

Author Topic: jah rasta daw??  (Read 44292 times)

Offline zingapan

• Forum Fanatic
Re: jah rasta daw??
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 01:35:39 PM »
i dont get some people, bakit sila nagsasabi ng "jah" "irie" blah blah blah... di ko magets eh! pinoy ka chong! PINOY! hindi porke tumutugtog ka na ng reggae at nagdadamit rasta ka e ibig sabihin JAMAICAN KA NA. born in the philippines ka brad, nakakatawa na may babylon ka pa pero nagsisimba ka sa baclaran. dont get me wrong, i have nothing against jamaicans and i, too, am a big fan of mr. marley and i admire him for his patriotism and his love for music but above all i am brown, proud and pure flip. di ako nanggugulo, just sharing my insights  :wink:  dami ko kc naeencounter na mga taong balat-kayo, and frankly naiirita ako

ganito pare. ikaw, bakit ka nagsasalita ng english kung alam mo naman sa  sarili mo na filipino ka?(if not then im wrong) kanya kanyang trip yan. at malay mo may mga nagagawa ka rin naman na naiirita ang ibang tao. let it slide dahil hindi mo naman ikakalugi or ikakamatay yan peace :D
Bass is the amplifier of your soul express in four strings

Offline b3werdna

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 04:49:24 PM »
patay tau dyan.haha.have you heard of the term skinhead reggae?
[/quote]

as far as i know they are white people who love reggae but also haters of black people reggae! subculture lang yan
ang akin lang e bakit sobra iritable ung author ng thread na eto at kung bakit asar na asar sya sa mga pilipino na gumagaya sa mga
jamiacan? what's wrong? parang  ganito lang yan e.. "you can't be hardcore unless you live hardcore"!!

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:45 AM »
patay tau dyan.haha.have you heard of the term skinhead reggae?

as far as i know they are white people who love reggae but also haters of black people reggae! subculture lang yan
ang akin lang e bakit sobra iritable ung author ng thread na eto at kung bakit asar na asar sya sa mga pilipino na gumagaya sa mga
jamiacan? what's wrong? parang  ganito lang yan e.. "you can't be hardcore unless you live hardcore"!!

then you are a misguided fool.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline b3werdna

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
then you are a misguided fool.

bomboclot!!! and if i'm a fool. then explain your thoughts haters...

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
bomboclot!!! and if i'm a fool. then explain your thoughts haters...

you mean bumbaklaat?

While the sub-genre of reggae known as "Skinhead" is widely debatable, part of that is due to it's ambiguity. What is Skinhead Reggae? Ask any three enthusiasts and you will get three different descriptions, partly because the sub-genre was not identified until well after the original movement had faded.

Skinhead arose from Mod Culture in Britain, and a fascination with the ghetto youth culture through which the Mods had the greatest exposure to Jamaican music, the Rude Boy. All the precursors had existed before the term was coined, the haircut, the manner of dress, the class, and the music within Mod culture. As Mod developed, two factions began to drift apart, one being the fashion Mod which was moving toward a more "Hippy" attitude and style, and the Hard Mod, which was developing at the time a gang mentality, a harder look in dress, and a greater commitment to class values.

Really, all early Reggae from about 1968 to about 1972 can be classified as Skinhead Reggae, but what part did Skinheads play in the development of this sound? For the first time, Jamaican music had found an international audience, whether those who created it liked it or not. The buying power of this new group of enthusiasts became part of the loop between Jamaica and Britain where once only West Indian immigrants to Britain had this influence, and the Skinheads were buying up records at a staggering rate. Reggae was charting in England, it was the sound the Skinheads wanted, and to deny the scene's influence via cash flow seems almost ludicrous. London based Labels Like Trojan, Pama, both in various imprints. Songs like "Liquidator" by the Harry J All-Stars, "Return of Django" by The Upsetters, and of course Max Romeo's "Wet Dream" which was banned after selling 250,000 copies by the BBC are Skinhead classics. Several less notable songs featuring the moniker were also released at the time, including "Skinhead a Bash Them", "Skinhead Moon Stomp", and "Skinhead Train". If a description of that early sound is needed, I can only say that the sound is beat driven both instrumentally and lyrically (the lyrics are often simple and repetitive). The real standouts of the era feature a predominant use of guitar and organ or piano as the driving rhythmic elements.

As the seventies dawned, Skinhead fashion went through changes as did Reggae music in general. By the end of 1972, many of the releases on the labels Skinheads found favor with were weaker, watered down and string laden and did not find favor with the crowds. Also, as in the evolution of any music, Reggae was finding a message. That message was Black Nationalism and Rastafari which the Skinhead set could not identify with. The music popular with West Indians was also changing, slowing down and becoming more mellow (Thanks in part to the brilliant arrangements made by Jackie Mittoo at the time) and the Skinheads, as well as Smoothies and Suedeheads that followed them, being obviously fickle in taste simply deserted Reggae for the new Glam Rock (Bolan and Bowie to name a few), and thus ended an era. Reggae moved back into the West Indian Communities and quietly awaited for Bob Marley to revive the spark that sent Reggae into the mainstream market.

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline b3werdna

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:05 AM »
nice research.. hehehe.. it doesn't make sense... reggae still originated by Jamaican people..  The skinhead subculture was originally associated with black popular music genres such as soul, ska, rocksteady and early reggae...

The word "reggae" was coined around 1960 in Jamaica to identify a "ragged" style of dance music, that still had its roots in New Orleans rhythm'n'blues. However, reggae soon acquired the lament-like style of chanting and emphasized the syncopated beat. It also made explicit the relationship with the underworld of the "Rastafarians" (adepts of a millenary African faith, revived Marcus Garvey who advocated a mass emigration back to Africa), both in the lyrics and in the appropriation of the African nyah-bingi drumming style (a style that mimicks the heartbeat with its pattern of "thump-thump, pause, thump-thump"). Compared with rock music, reggae music basically inverted the role of bass and guitar: the former was the lead, the latter beat the typical hiccupping pattern. The paradox of reggae, of course, is that this music "unique to Jamaica" is actually not Jamaican at all, having its foundations in the USA and Africa.

An independent label, Island, distributed Jamaican records in the UK throughout the 1960s, but reggae became popular in the UK only when Prince Buster's Al Capone (1967) started a brief "dance craze". Jamaican music was very much a ghetto phenomenon, associated with gang-style violence, but Jimmy Cliff's Wonderful World Beautiful People (1969) wed reggae with the "peace and love" philosophy of the hippies, an association that would not die away. In the USA, Neil Diamond's Red Red Wine (1967) was the first reggae hit by a pop musician. Shortly afterwards, Johnny Nash's Hold Me Tight (1968) propelled reggae onto the charts. Do The Reggay (1968) by Toots (Hibbert) And The Maytals was the record that gave the music its name. Fredrick Toots Hibbert's vocal style was actually closer to gospel, as proved by their other hits (54-46, 1967; Monkey Man, 1969; Pressure Drop, 1970).

hehehe.. ano to pagaling mga research... ala ako paki sa skinhead na yan... ang tinatanong ko lang bakit ikaw ay galit sa mga gumagaya sa jamaican people... whats wrong?  paki mo ba sa mga taong ganun...?
atlist sila nakaka appreciate ng culture ng iba... ikaw dami mong alam... pumorma ka ng gusto mo.. hehehe..  stop being haters fool!!!

ONE LOVE, ONE HEART LETS GET TOGETHER AND BE ALRIGHT -bob marley-

Offline b3werdna

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
ganito pare. ikaw, bakit ka nagsasalita ng english kung alam mo naman sa  sarili mo na filipino ka?(if not then im wrong) kanya kanyang trip yan. at malay mo may mga nagagawa ka rin naman na naiirita ang ibang tao. let it slide dahil hindi mo naman ikakalugi or ikakamatay yan peace :D

AMEN to you bro!!! hehehhe

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
taena wala ka din originality no?i just reposted para maintindihan mo yung skinhead culture. na ma ganun nga.you speak about us being haters, when you said you dont care about our subculture?who is the biggest fool you backdoor plumber.and please have the decency to post in sentence form, i got  a problem with idiots posting nonsense in jejemon form.

Completely.

Offline satellitekid

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 10:39:42 PM »
Malay mo mag Liparan din cla haha !

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »

Pag Rasta kasi Culture nila yun eh wala namang Rasta sa Pilipinas. Eh Ung ENGLISH naman ay kailangan para makapag Communicate sa Ibang Lahi.

Offline jocobalb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 01:16:50 AM »
debate pala dito . haha. kanya-kanyang trip lang yan mga brad. anu ba pake natin sa kanila (sa mga wannbies ) ? lol ! nakakairita ba kamo ? anu ba tingin mo sa topic na to  hindi ba nakakairita ? lol . why bother posting some kind of **** !! peace . loL

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »
rastafari is a movement, reggae is music. pero jah jah jah is jamaican. ajejeje is jejemon.

itaguyod na lang ninyo ang jahjahmon! yeah!

anu ba tingin mo sa topic na to  hindi ba nakakairita ? lol . why bother posting some kind of **** !! peace . loL

hindi, ang maiirita lang dito yung tinatamaan. JAH!!!! :-D

stick to your roots, you can't go wrong
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 03:02:52 PM »
SUMAKIT ULO KO SA SA INYO JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAH!!

Offline ARTificial

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 06:44:33 PM »
jah bless,,,  parang tunog "walang trabaho" hehehe,,, yus lan yun man,,, eh di ko din nagets yun,,, yaan mo nalang muna,,, hahaha

hahaha i have to agree.

Meron din akong isang kakilala na laging nagsasabi ng ganyan, kala ko naman nahihiya lang syang ayusin yung pag pronounce nya sa "god" bless, kaya nya ginaganyan. :lol:
at gusto nyang magpa convert, pinapraktis daw nya yung Jamaican etc, nakalimutan ko yung term nya.

weird, pero hindi naman reggae tugtugan nila. :|
The Dream is FREE, But the HUSTLE is sold separately

MOVE your Ass!

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
rastafari is a movement, reggae is music. pero jah jah jah is jamaican. ajejeje is jejemon.

itaguyod na lang ninyo ang jahjahmon! yeah!

hindi, ang maiirita lang dito yung tinatamaan. JAH!!!! :-D

stick to your roots, you can't go wrong

millenarian movement.parang mga rizalista sa banahaw.

stick to your roots. i agree.

Completely.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
Fan din ako ng Reggae music, pero more on music lang, yung rastafarian lifestyle, bahala na kayo dun.. pwede naman maging fan kahit di mukhang rasta diba? :-D

naiintindihan ko yung pinanggagalingan ni TS..  nangyayari din yan sa ibang genre, yung para bang nasisira yung bagay na gusto mo noon pa, dahil biglang naging uso!
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
Fan din ako ng Reggae music, pero more on music lang, yung rastafarian lifestyle, bahala na kayo dun.. pwede naman maging fan kahit di mukhang rasta diba? :-D

naiintindihan ko yung pinanggagalingan ni TS..  nangyayari din yan sa ibang genre, yung para bang nasisira yung bagay na gusto mo noon pa, dahil biglang naging uso!

actually hindi naman nasisira yung trip ko at okay naman na maging uso yung reggae. di ko lang gets kung bakit nagpapaka jamaican yung ibang tao.
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline jocobalb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 02:13:53 PM »
parang sa mga RnB fanatics din yan  etc. .. ginagaya na din nila yung pormahan at expressions, imho  :-D

kanya-kanyang trip .. JAH BLESS US !!! :-D

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:51 PM »
actually hindi naman nasisira yung trip ko at okay naman na maging uso yung reggae. di ko lang gets kung bakit nagpapaka jamaican yung ibang tao.

hehe.. ganyan yata talaga.. e diba ang karamihan satin matagal naring nagpapaka"Kano".. :-D
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 06:27:37 AM »
Just separate the two

MUSIC and CULTURE,,,

SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline Makulba

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 05:40:07 AM »
Bangenge lang cguro sa ipinagbabawal na basil leaves kaya Jah ng Jah. Pero seriously man, reggae peeps that I know doesnt use that in their daily conversation.

Its consistent with posers. Pero personally, I learn to tolerate it nalang. They pass rolled basil leaves around kasi kaya Peace agad.  :-D
Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux

Offline santiago

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 03:13:20 PM »
Just separate the two

MUSIC and CULTURE,,,

mismo.
"BAD to the T-bONE" Oi Oi Oi!!SKApitan Tiago
22h DIRECTOR
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrio-Morning-Glory/120363419514

Offline memelizer

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 02:50:09 PM »

good lang din ako sa reggae at saka smokes :-)

di ko lang gets na masyado sinasabuhay un  :?

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
bloh jah.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
jah bless,,,  parang tunog "walang trabaho" hehehe,,, yus lan yun man,,, eh di ko din nagets yun,,, yaan mo nalang muna,,, hahaha

tawa ako ng tawa dito hahaha..
nice one brotha!..

[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx