hulika

Author Topic: Para sa mga punkista  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Prosthetic_Head

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Para sa mga punkista
« on: January 28, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »
Ano ba ang mas importante sa punk, yung music nila o yung culture nila?

Tanong ko lang kasi kung ano ba talaga ang pagiging punk. Mas attached ka ba dapat sa music, sa culture o sa lifestyle? Pwede ka bang maging mahilig sa punk music pero hindi ka punk? O pwede bang magdamit ka ng pang punkista kahit ayaw mo ng tunog ng music nila?

Long time lurker na ako dito sa philmusic, gusto ko lang malaman sa inyo kung anong sagot sa mga to.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Re: Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »
Quote from: Prosthetic_Head
Ano ba ang mas importante sa punk, yung music nila o yung culture nila?

that's a hard question but i think it might be the music because without it there wouldn't be punk culture, right? or did punks suddenly just show up one day and they decided to make their own music genre? i have no idea, haha. :?

Tanong ko lang kasi kung ano ba talaga ang pagiging punk. Mas attached ka ba dapat sa music, sa culture o sa lifestyle? Pwede ka bang maging mahilig sa punk music pero hindi ka punk? O pwede bang magdamit ka ng pang punkista kahit ayaw mo ng tunog ng music nila?

i love punk music but i wouldn't call myself punk sooo yeah, you can listen to punk and not be punk. like, i also listen to some emo and hip-hop but i wouldn't call myself an emo kid or a hip hop... er. and yeah, you can also dress punk without being one but you'll get a lot of [gooey brown stuff] from the "true" punks. the word "poser" will be thrown at you... a lot.

:D

Offline nekoxchaos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:25:14 PM »
Hmmm listening to a genre and living that lifestyle is two different things, Like the person above.... someone can enjoy listening to Punk, Hip Hop, Polka? haha and not be associated with the lifestyle.

Ive went through alot of phases and tried to fit in a sub-culture but in the end  I ended up getting sick of it, it really is hard to be loyal to your "scene". I really like old school punk, the culture back then is way different then it is now, before it was raw and real and now it feels artificial... I cant explain it XD

Offline Prosthetic_Head

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:03:50 PM »
The reason I posted this question is napanood ko kasi yung VH1 special a while back sa Green Day.

Parang mejo sumama yung loob ko dun sa mga punk na ini-interview kasi they disowned Green Day nung lumaki na sila. Nothing changed in their music, naiba lang yung pagiging underground nila kasi naging mainstream na nga sila. Na badtrip lang ako kasi yung mga punks dun sa interview sabi hindi naman daw talaga punk yung Green Day pero when they were still undies dinudumog sila nung mga punkistang yun.

I love punk music pero I don't live the lifestyle, does that make me a poser?  :shock:

Offline musikanitwist

• Veteran Member
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »
Quote from: nekoxchaos
Hmmm listening to a genre and living that lifestyle is two different things, Like the person above.... someone can enjoy listening to Punk, Hip Hop, Polka? haha and not be associated with the lifestyle.

Ive went through alot of phases and tried to fit in a sub-culture but in the end  I ended up getting sick of it, it really is hard to be loyal to your "scene". I really like old school punk, the culture back then is way different then it is now, before it was raw and real and now it feels artificial... I cant explain it XD

amen!

even though 15 palang ako at di ko naabutan ang "old school punk", i'm exposed to it dahil sa parents ko. sobrang layo. ngaun, it seems na war ang nangyayari. U have to choose. ano ka ba? ghetto?(err) punkista? rakista? dancer?(hahah) emo kidD? diba/ can't we just let go? wtf :x  :x  :x  :x
There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them.
Louis Armstrong
 http://akibanda.multiply.com  MSG RJUR PATAK BY ABS COMBO to 2959

Offline josecuervo06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 04:59:15 PM »
you dont use music as your status in society. just because you listen to punk, punkista ka na.. rap kaya hiphop ka na.. emo kaya emokid ka na! no. u dont do that! thats [gooey brown stuff]! music is music.
coz im a voodoo child...

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 05:15:52 PM »
I love punk music pero I don't live the lifestyle, does that make me a poser?  :shock:

nooo, it's not as if you're going around telling everyone how punk you are and [gooey brown stuff] without knowing what you're talking about, right? :?

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Para sa mga punkista
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 02:03:33 PM »
The reason I posted this question is napanood ko kasi yung VH1 special a while back sa Green Day.

Parang mejo sumama yung loob ko dun sa mga punk na ini-interview kasi they disowned Green Day nung lumaki na sila. Nothing changed in their music, naiba lang yung pagiging underground nila kasi naging mainstream na nga sila. Na badtrip lang ako kasi yung mga punks dun sa interview sabi hindi naman daw talaga punk yung Green Day pero when they were still undies dinudumog sila nung mga punkistang yun.

tsk tsk. it also happened to fall out boy, my chemical romance and the used. those people think highly of themselves that they dont want to be ranked to the losers who like the song/band as well. they think mainstream can be bad about their image. 'twas like they like a particular song/band because it makes them feel that they are more authentic punks than others do.