hulika

Author Topic: Is Kitchie Nadal popular in Manila?  (Read 15795 times)

Offline fallen_Angel

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Is Kitchie Nadal popular in Manila?
« on: January 06, 2005, 03:34:28 PM »
Hello!

One of the Filipino radio station here in HK played "hwag na hwag mong sasabihin" is it also popular there in Manila?
Ask ko lng po kasi i really like her song.. thanks.. :D

Offline QED

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:05:24 PM »
yes she is now gaining lotsa popularity because of the album. she's even on a billboard along edsa, promoting some jeanswear line.

her song is in constant rotation on the pop stations.
and even in jeeps.
play the song and the entire vehicle of passengers starts singing along, or mouthing the lyrics, esp. if they are between 15-35 yrs of age.

:D
QED RECORDS : free Pinoy electronica MP3s
http://qed.acid42.bluechronicles.net

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 08:42:45 AM »
u betcha 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Eagle Eye

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
Hell, no. She's not popular.
underneath the storm, an eagle reborn

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 11:33:26 PM »
is the pope German?

Offline Eagle Eye

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 08:43:20 AM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
is the pope German?

Hell, no. He's not German.

(Now you'd understand my previous post.)
underneath the storm, an eagle reborn

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:58:56 PM »
there's no doubt na pinapatugtog sya sa radyo palagi, lalo na sa mga "pang-masa" na stations (you guys know what i'm referring to). minsan sobrang frequent na pinapatugtog sya, nakakasuka na. di ko lang sigurado if that's the technical basis for an artist's popularity. correct me if i'm wrong, but her song "wag na wag.." has been rolling for about 9-10 months (which is quite good for a newcomer), and i think tatagal pa ito.
i dont want to sound sarcastic, pero kayo na ang mag-decide kung popular sya or hindi.
Hindi dapat nakakapagod mag-Philmusic.

Offline pcuser

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 04:03:06 AM »
kitchie who?!!!!!!   :D

Offline narcosis

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 02:27:02 PM »
SEE Elips cologne commercial bwahehehe (di ko sure ispeling hehe )
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline redapollo22

• Philmusicus Noobitus
hehehehhee
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 10:19:01 PM »
Lahat ng mapakinggan mo na maganda sikat yon.. Support all Filipino bands!!!! Wag po tayong magsiraan... Mga crab mentality!!!!! Magtulungan na lang tayong iangat ang band scene sa Pinas at wag magsiraan!!!!! :x

Offline year2apocalypse

Re: hehehehhee
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 03:09:48 PM »
Quote from: redapollo22
Support all Filipino bands!!!! Wag po tayong magsiraan... Mga crab mentality!!!!! Magtulungan na lang tayong iangat ang band scene sa Pinas at wag magsiraan!!!!! :x

weeell, that would make sense if most of our bands weren't so crap. har har.

Offline 1604

• Netizen Level
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 07:59:04 PM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse
Quote from: redapollo22
Support all Filipino bands!!!! Wag po tayong magsiraan... Mga crab mentality!!!!! Magtulungan na lang tayong iangat ang band scene sa Pinas at wag magsiraan!!!!! :x

OWNED. hahaha.
PRSman is our forum English Teacher. Please refer to him on courses regarding being an idiot. Thank you.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 04:28:15 AM »
[/quote]
weeell, that would make sense if most of our bands weren't so crap. har har.[/quote]

Galing ng ingles mo 'pre... "...weren't so crap...".  Bago ka mag-slang-slang diyan, siguraduhin mo namang tama.

What did Kitchie or other pinoy bands do to you to make you so hateful?

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 01:15:43 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan
Galing ng ingles mo 'pre... "...weren't so crap...".  Bago ka mag-slang-slang diyan, siguraduhin mo namang tama.

god damn, what is up with you filipinos and my use of english?? are you intimidated by it or something? and please, tell me what's gramatically wrong with what i said there. please. and by the way, for the 40347604376034th time here, i grew up in london, england so i prefer to use english over tagalog.

i don't hate kitchie or any other pinoy band or anything; it's just that most local talent seems boring to me. i've heard it all before... and done better. :D

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »

oh, sorry, i've just realised what was wrong with what i said! i should've said:

WELL, DAT WUD MAEK SENSE IB MOST AB OUR BANDS WAS NOT SO BAD. HUHUHU.

:roll: *snickers*

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 01:45:57 PM »
Quote from: year2apocalypse

god damn, what is up with you filipinos and my use of english?? are you intimidated by it or something? and please, tell me what's gramatically wrong with what i said there. please. and by the way, for the 40347604376034th time here, i grew up in london, england so i prefer to use english over tagalog.

i don't hate kitchie or any other pinoy band or anything; it's just that most local talent seems boring to me. i've heard it all before... and done better. :D

Two problems with your "English" english Mr. I-Was-Born-in-London: (1) You need another "m" in the word "grammatically", and (2) I think your initial slam against Kitchie would've been more correct if you had said "... weren't so crappy..." and not "... weren't so crap...".  For someone who grew up in an english-speaking nation, I'm surprised that you can't speak and spell right...

Offline 1604

• Netizen Level
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »
I didnt know my English teacher went to this forum or else I would have left, oh well I'll stay and say your also wrong because;

"...weren't so crap...". Bago ka mag-slang-slang diyan, siguraduhin mo namang tama."

then you say

"I think your initial slam against Kitchie would've been more correct if you had said "... weren't so crappy..." and not "... weren't so crap..."

THINK is the main word but what you just did was contradiction. First of all, saying "weren't so crap" was also correct - even more, saying he was wrong in your first post and saying NOW that you "THINK" it would have been better to say your version is contradictory. You can't rip it like that son.
PRSman is our forum English Teacher. Please refer to him on courses regarding being an idiot. Thank you.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 02:36:46 PM »
Two problems with your "English" english Mr. I-Was-Born-in-London: (1) You need another "m" in the word "grammatically", and (2) I think your initial slam against Kitchie would've been more correct if you had said "... weren't so crappy..." and not "... weren't so crap...".  For someone who grew up in an english-speaking nation, I'm surprised that you can't speak and spell right...

god, why are you trying to pick a fight with me? you do know that you're coming off as a complete [sausage] right now, right?

first of all, that typo of mine was a spelling error. nothing to do with grammar. shows what you know, mr. english teacher.

second of all, i wasn't just slamming kitchie. read what i said again. i was slamming her and most of the philippines' [gooey brown stuff] bands. and what i said was perfectly fine, [sausage]. my opinion.

and lastly, who the f*ck cares?? you're making a big deal out of nothing. and by the way, you do know that not every english person types or speaks in proper english, right?? what a f*cking idiot. want an example? AIM, MYSPACE, MSN, YAHOO, etc. get a life. :roll:

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 02:42:07 PM »
Two problems with your "English" english, Mr. I-Was-Born-in-London: (1) You need another "m" in the word "grammatically", and (2) I think your initial slam against Kitchie would've been more correct if you had said "... weren't so crappy..." and not "... weren't so crap...".  For someone who grew up in an english-speaking nation, I'm surprised that you can't speak and spell right...

:(

Offline C-D-F

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 04:37:06 PM »
hahahah lol@y2a: d@mn you really won popularity contest in this board :P you have so many friends. love your avatar. that's bolo from enter the dragon, right?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hmmm...
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 10:16:26 PM »
Quote from: 1604
I didnt know my English teacher went to this forum or else I would have left, oh well I'll stay and say your also wrong because;

"...weren't so crap...". Bago ka mag-slang-slang diyan, siguraduhin mo namang tama."

then you say

"I think your initial slam against Kitchie would've been more correct if you had said "... weren't so crappy..." and not "... weren't so crap..."

THINK is the main word but what you just did was contradiction. First of all, saying "weren't so crap" was also correct - even more, saying he was wrong in your first post and saying NOW that you "THINK" it would have been better to say your version is contradictory. You can't rip it like that son.

Uhm, using the word "think" was me being sarcastic... I'm surprised that with your intelligence, you failed to catch on to that...

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 10:34:31 PM »
year2apocalypse:

(1) Who said that your spelling error had anything to do with your grammar?  I said there was something wrong with your English in general.

(2) Does using foul language get you off?  It's amusing how some people feel so powerful by saying F this and F that... really nice and mature (that last part was sarcasm in case you and your buddy 1604 didn't catch that).

Like many other people hiding behind these boards, you are trying to be cool by making bold statements, trashing people, and cursing a lot.  Do you really think that this tirade of yours is cool?  Its making you look more like someone who is uneducated and definitely without breeding.  If your opinion of Filipino bands is negative, there's a more polite and mature way of saying so without describing their abilities as "crap".  Or are you having a hard time articulating your opinion because your vocabulary is limited to 4-letter words?

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »
yah, i am haeving a haerd tiem articulaet sentenz so i cuss u u shethed. my english sucksz and ur teh only 1 dat caers. suckz to be u. :(

P.S. i am not kool. boohoo. :( *jacks off to foul language*

P.P.S. don't like what i have to say about [gooey brown stuff] bands in the philippines? then go right an essay about it, f*cking tosser. and yes, i spelt that wrong on purpose to piss you off.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2005, 10:50:14 PM »
Quote from: C-D-F
hahahah lol@y2a: d@mn you really won popularity contest in this board :P you have so many friends. love your avatar. that's bolo from enter the dragon, right?

haha, i knowww. and yes, it is bolo! bolo is hardcore. :P

Offline 1604

• Netizen Level
Re: Hmmm...
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 12:35:08 AM »
Quote from: 1604

then you say

Uhm, using the word "think" was me being sarcastic... I'm surprised that with your intelligence, you failed to catch on to that...

Wow, so your basically changing what you just said as being [in your terms] sarcastic? Yes, yes quite so, maybe in your world it was sarcasm but here in the real world you know you lost and your just looking for a lame excuse [just like the one you gave] to hide your idiotic comments.

"Like many other people hiding behind these boards, you are trying to be cool by making bold statements, trashing people, and cursing a lot. Do you really think that this tirade of yours is cool?"

- Uh hello? Thats what your doing. You must also think your cool "THINKING" that your not doing the exact same thing, even though you totally are. Mind the cursing but bold statements is your agenda.

You know what!? I'll become as dim witted as you are just for this special moment and become the forums retarded english teacher! - OH BUT THATS ALSO LIKE YOU! *dances*

"Or are you having a hard time articulating your opinion because your vocabulary is limited to 4-letter words?"

- But he isn't limited to 4 letter words, hihihihihi

- see what you made me do? Your posts PRSman, is like a virus, it spreads and makes other retards much like yourself voice out their so called opinions, even though it's full of sh*t! Now please, be quiet and except the truth -  there arent any good bands in the Philippines - what? you want to name the over rated Bamboo or even big brother loving Orange and Lemons? Oh pu-lease even wannabe gangsta' white kids could sing better.