hulika

Author Topic: from empress: the ultimate dirt pedal?  (Read 3843 times)

Offline johnny_jackhammers

• Veteran Member
from empress: the ultimate dirt pedal?
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
practical or impractical? i'd love to try it.  :roll:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: from empress: the ultimate dirt pedal?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:38:14 PM »
for me,

if all three sounds good, id consider it. if any of the three doesnt, then its outta my gas list.

then....

if the price is too much, ill look for alternatives.

if i cant find an alternative, and i really do like the tone, ill go for it, regardless of the price. if its an okay pedal, well, no.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
WOULD!
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
Ill wait for the clone 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 07:26:05 AM »
what fuzz circuit is it?

From what I see, do you have to step on the select button to scroll through the 3 dirt sections? Sana may way na straight to Dist from fuzz or Dist to OD agad, if that's the case.

Sana black sparkly finish :-D

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:43 AM »
a 3-in-one dirt box, with no option to stack them together? no option to just use OD + DIRT or OD + Fuzz? hmmm...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:25:43 AM by spankyrigor »
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »
Needs price and sound samples  :-)
zzzzzzz

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »
a 3-in-one dirt box, with no option to stack them together?

this.

Offline music_adik_to

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »
wala pang review sa youtube...  :-(
BOSS GT-10 - Sold to mentee
Traded CoolCat Transparent OD to - bembmd
EHX #1 Echo - Sold to non forumer @ classifieds CoolCat Chorus - Sold to mbsunga DOD EQ - Sold to faroutman Boss DS-1 (BritMod) - Sold to bawalangpork Line6 UX1 - Sold to lindtayl

Offline ghostalker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
mas gusto ko parin dirt in individual boxes
God Bless!
Rockin' for Jesus 

Offline echo_ikaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »
Hinde ba pwede stacked yung mga dirt dito, hinde rin ba pwede baguhin yung pagkakasunod sunod nila...it kinda reminds me of Tc Nova drive, but on Tc you can stacked it and arrange them according to your needs..

Pero kung pwede stacked at i-arrange, very practical, you can save cables, space and power slots..

about sa fuzz circuit, i heard BMuff daw.

i'll wait for some infos muna :-)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
a 3-in-one dirt box, with no option to stack them together? no option to just use OD + DIRT or OD + Fuzz? hmmm...

Haha. That would've been better kung ganun. Since naka master EQ din naman, baka mas mas maganda nga kung separate footswitch nalang for the three dirt types tapos pwedeng i-stack.  :-)

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
if separate lang sana yung switches

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
i have G.A.S.  :-o :lol:
[

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
amp na lang, imho. especially considering how expensive empress pedals are.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
if separate lang sana yung switches

Yeah nga.

I guess it has its uses though. Buying them separately would be somewhere around 400-500 (with quality as good as or better than Empress' stuff).

Their tremolo, on the other hand, is a different story. It's interesting.. :-D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:50:21 PM by teleclem »

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »

my thoughts exactly.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 11:49:45 PM »
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline brown

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »
mas gusto ko parin dirt in individual boxes
+1
he who hesitates, masterb@#$!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »
It's up on PGS na.

Empress Multidrive

All new from our friends at Empress Effects is the Multidrive.  The Empress Multidrive is much more than just another dirt box.  This pedal is the perfect toolbox for the serious player both in the studio and on the stage.  Utilizing a classic 2 channel overdrive pedal format, the Empress Multidrive features three different types of drive effect; fuzz, overdrive, and distortion.  These circuits are run in parallel with their outputs blended together to yield that massive sound that only multiple amplifiers can give.  A perfect example is in the studio, layering guitar tracks through different amplifiers and blending the results together in mix down for a massive tone.  The Multidrive does this and more with both an A and B setting that is footswitchable for that dual channel amplifier effect.  Each effect can be engaged/disengaged in each setting via internal dip switches for an unending variety of tones.  The fuzz is that classic Muff tone with well defined highs and huge low end.  The overdrive is all tweed all the time, from light grit to crunchy, tough sounding tube amp breakup.  The distortion comes from the gut and brings that classic British wall of sound ala the JCM.

Empress Multidrive
Each effect on the Empress Multidrive features its own controls; Volume, Gain, and a three-way Filter switch.  Each filter can be set for low pass, high pass, or off with a cutoff frequency of 500hz.  The Gain sets the saturation level while the Volume blends the effect into the Master section.  This allows an unending palette of total control.  The Distortion channel includes an extra control for distortion type.  Choose from Crunch, Mild, and Lead.  Turn on the Fuzz with the high pass filter engaged for high frequency sustain and blend it with the Distortion with the low pass filter engaged.  This yields the tight British low end of the Distortion with the cutting sustain of the Fuzz for a searing lead tone.  This is just one example of the versatility of the Empress Multidrive.  The more imagination that is used, the more tone can be had.

In the Master section of the Multidrive there are controls for Hi, Mid, Low, and Output with a three-way toggle for setting the frequency (500, 250, or 2k) of the Mid knob allowing the user to sculpt the final tone in any way they desire.  This might sound like a lot but consider the possibilities.  The live guitarist has a versatile, two-channel dirt box at their feet that can comp any sound they desire on each channel.  The studio guitarist has the option of two settings of multiple blended tones eliminating the need for multiple takes through different amps as well as the extra mixing procedures to blend those amps together.  This saves time, which in the studio can save a lot of cash as well as frustration and ear fatigue.

The Empress Multidrive represents a new era in effects pedals.  With the limitless possibilities of tone coupled with the usability of multiple gain stages blended together, there is nothing the Multidrive cannot do.

La pa vid :-P

Offline echo_ikaw

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
marshall and muff variant pedal :cry:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:26:23 PM by echo_ikaw »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:15 AM »
Up on youtube na

feature=feedu

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Up on youtube na

feature=feedu

Oh... So it's stackable pala. It sounds fairly good, more on the vintage side ang dating sa akin.

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 10:44:31 AM »
I don't think it's stackable (kung tama pagkakaintindi ko) hindi naka series yung mga dirt circuits so parang sabay lang binubuga yung signalfrom the pedal from each dirt type pero hindi sila naghahalo. yung explanation sa PGS eh parang naka 3 amps ka daw...like 3 amps in unison, hindi talaga stack...stacking means putting one on top of the other tama?