hulika

Author Topic: BOSS Pedal Users/Addicts Unite!!!  (Read 99323 times)

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
Re: BOSS Pedal Addicts Unite!!!
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »
boss pedals are awesome workhorses. while i only have a few boss pedals with me (i even made it a point to make a pedal board without anything boss, or mxr in it), there is no denying that boss is very near to being perfect in terms of build durability.

it is very hard to destroy a boss pedal, they get scratched and banged up, but breaking them is just way hard. you have to go out of your way to destroy them or break a part.

i also love how easy it is to stomp even without shoes on. yes, most pedal manufacturers dont think about it, but for the most part, we play barefooted in our homes or if we dont, we at least do not want to get our pedals dirty by playing them with footwear on. boss pedals just feel so nice to step on.

they are also really hard to miss... with those boutique pedals, you have to aim your foot well, or else you might miss those little 3dpt switches in a song's chorus. and yes, a big lot of them arent even that responsive (i am talking to you Lovepedal).

also, the boss knobs are placed really well, that there is very little chance a cable glancing over them would change your settings. a lot of boutique pedals do not take that into consideration, so you are out there jumping onstage, and then suddenly your vocalist's mic cable passed on your board, and before you know it, the cable adjusted your volume settings and you wont know until you stepped on your delay and suddenly wonder why its going into self-oscillation. that just never happened with Boss (at least with me).

finally, knob labeling. for the most part, the best knob labels have been done by Boss. any noob or metalhead can understand what the knobs say. you might take it lightly, but man, you'd be surprised to know that most manufacturers have no clue how to label knobs, or put them in a very intuitive and logical way.

i started out with Boss pedals, and it was only after i tried a lot of boutique pedals, is when i started to appreciate the little things Boss did right.

this post seems like a Boss advertisement lol but i really do mean what i said.

couldn't agree with you more. You stomp on them, stage dive on them, you kick them, throw them at your enemy's thick face  and its still intact! Hell, a friend of mine accidentally dropped his 2 boss pedals 3 floors down and still working like nothing happened!  :-o 
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline FollowTheReaper

• Veteran Member
Re: BOSS Pedal Users/Addicts Unite!!!
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
acquired this old school MIJ Boss DF-2 about a month ago through a trade. love the sound. :-D

it's basically a DS-1 but with a feedbacker (i think). another thing that I noticed is that it sounds way different than the non-MIJ DS-1's I've tried before. because of this, I'm starting to believe the "myth" that the MIJ Boss pedals sound better than the non-MIJ ones :-\
Music Educator

Offline everpogi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:43 AM »
sir anu effect ng bass synthesizer sa guitar?

Actually ginagamit ko lang sya for weird sounds.. Last chord ring, with delay, ang saya.. Gamit ko din sya pang-wah..
:)

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
Actually ginagamit ko lang sya for weird sounds.. Last chord ring, with delay, ang saya.. Gamit ko din sya pang-wah..
detect niya low signal ng guitar? kasi pang bass.........any vid demo sir pls lang?  :-) TIA!
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline doverman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #304 on: October 18, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
Naalala ko yung 80's era pag nakaka-kita ko ng Boss pedals. Alam kong may mga Boss pa ako dito sa loob ng box

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:12:06 PM by doverman »

Offline doverman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »

PH-1 silver screw MIJ, DD-2 MIJ and DF-2 MIJ

OD-2 MIT, DD-3 long chip MIJ, BF-2 MIJ

GE-6 MIJ silver screw, PS-2 MIJ and CE-3 MIJ
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:13:18 PM by doverman »

Offline gian363

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »
Question mga sir.

I use Boss NS2-MV Shredhead, pag solo, or nasa house lang ako nag gigitara, responsive naman si NS2 walang noise (Amplifier 20watts Marshall, & 60watts stagg ampli). Pero when it comes to gigs or studio practice, mafeedback na hindi nag rerespond actively si NS2, need kong bawasan pa yung volume ko sa guitar para kumagat si NS2. FYI mostly setup ko is full gain/3:00 yung setup ko sa shredhead, sa amps(Mids-8:00, Treble-12:00, Bass 2:00)   :razz:

Anung cause kaya nito? need ng pots upgrade? nakaka affect yung mic sa studio/gigs?  :eek:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:47:21 PM by gian363 »

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »

PH-1 silver screw MIJ, DD-2 MIJ and DF-2 MIJ

OD-2 MIT, DD-3 long chip MIJ, BF-2 MIJ

GE-6 MIJ silver screw, PS-2 MIJ and CE-3 MIJ
sir are you  planning to sell ph1 and ge6?
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline electromark

• Veteran Member
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
my boss pedals
boss dd3 (mij), boss ge7 (mij), boss ce5 (mit), boss df2 (mij), boss psm5 (mij), boss sd1 (mit), boss ce3 (mij), boss ds1 (mit) boss tu12 (mij)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
Anyone have a boss PN 2?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline doverman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »
sir are you  planning to sell ph1 and ge6?

Kung makakapasyal ka sa Singapore I might. PM me  :-D

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #311 on: October 22, 2013, 02:50:38 AM »
Kung makakapasyal ka sa Singapore I might. PM me  :-D
i have a friend there sir .. ill PM you .. tell me how much sana mura lang  :-D

Offline iScreamCake0126

« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
Baka may nakakaalam kung san nakakabili ng sl-20. :( btw. Not an addict but a proud user of boss effects.

Sold boss:
sd-2
Tr-2
Ch-1
Od-2

Current boss:
Me-70. :)
LXIX

Offline Symphoneous

• Netizen Level
« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
Not an addict either, but whenever I wana do some old school 80's or even 90's metal stuff, these bad boys does the job for me \m/

My old school metal setup
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:02:03 PM by Symphoneous »
"God hates us all"

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »
balik panalig sa blues driver hehe  :lol:

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »
my boss pedal setup:

1. MZ-2<-DS-2<-FSL(boost)
2. MZ-2<-OD-2r<-FSL(boost)
3. MZ-2<-SD-2<-(still looking)

Offline newbee123

• Netizen Level
« Reply #316 on: December 24, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »
Boss pedal collector here..looking for Boss CE2 at Boss DM2 straight swap sa mint Fulltone Choralflange...yun na lang kulang at makumpleto na hehe..
"I wanna _ _ck your world"

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #317 on: December 24, 2013, 08:10:22 PM »
frankly speaking I think I had at somepoint in time almost all the boss pedals there is available in the market today, either Id tweaked mod them then resell it again.

but for all times sake the best pedal I like in boss are the ff:

CE-5 moded (change one cap. only made a huge analog feel)
FZ-5 Fuzz
DD-3
OS-2

SD-1 is good but I sold it again anyway, but there is a clone made by denio sd-10 patterned to the sd-1, compared it side by side, And I must say the denio sounds fuller...just my opinion, still I own it and is a keeper though its cheap
BD-2 is good also but sold it for the same reason I have for the sd-1, theres something missing in its tone, same with the DS-1, DS-2 is almost good but too harsh so is the MT-2, TR-2  can be good after a 1 cap tone mod change...but as you go along you don't really need a tremolo since you have the trem bar.haha, I could go on reviewing each pedal but to keep it short

the OS-2 is a real gem so is the FZ-5 for their drive pedals

For all boss pedals lovers
I would say that modding their pedal really makes the sound different but still the best tone still is at their stock state.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:12:57 PM by XFree »
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline tokwatoinoink

« Reply #318 on: December 24, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
frankly speaking I think I had at somepoint in time almost all the boss pedals there is available in the market today, either Id tweaked mod them then resell it again.

but for all times sake the best pedal I like in boss are the ff:

CE-5 moded (change one cap. only made a huge analog feel)
FZ-5 Fuzz
DD-3
OS-2

SD-1 is good but I sold it again anyway, but there is a clone made by denio sd-10 patterned to the sd-1, compared it side by side, And I must say the denio sounds fuller...just my opinion, still I own it and is a keeper though its cheap
BD-2 is good also but sold it for the same reason I have for the sd-1, theres something missing in its tone, same with the DS-1, DS-2 is almost good but too harsh so is the MT-2, TR-2  can be good after a 1 cap tone mod change...but as you go along you don't really need a tremolo since you have the trem bar.haha, I could go on reviewing each pedal but to keep it short

the OS-2 is a real gem so is the FZ-5 for their drive pedals

For all boss pedals lovers
I would say that modding their pedal really makes the sound different but still the best tone still is at their stock state.

too bad i already have your os-2.
hehe
Minion #6 of the SD-1 COALITION 

we'll be robots someday...

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: December 24, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »

too bad i already have your os-2.
hehe

yeah dude! heh
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »
Boss ME-80  :)

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline mikko21ganja

« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2014, 11:20:59 PM »
Anyone see the new Boss DS-1X and OD-1X? Mejo bitin yung vid.  :lol:

Offline ME-30maniac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »
Anyone see the new Boss DS-1X and OD-1X? Mejo bitin yung vid.  :lol:

teaser nga lang sya sir kung tutuusin. abang-abangan na lang natin 'yung real demo.  :-D

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:33 AM »
   just arrived guys !

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2014, 09:53:04 AM »
   just arrived guys !

nice score man.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"