hulika

Author Topic: ano maganda na noise gate?  (Read 3424 times)

Offline ayofish

• Forum Fanatic
ano maganda na noise gate?
« on: October 23, 2006, 12:53:38 AM »
nawala ung thread ko na ito .. ano po ba maganda na noise gate?? ung mxr or boss?
"Practice makes perfect, But no one is perfect so why practice? Because practice makes masters and experts!!!!"

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Re: ano maganda na noise gate?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:56:54 AM »
MXR. di maganda ang filtering ng NS-2 as compared to the BOSS. if you have extra dough, go for an ISP Decimator. the ultimate noise gate pedal na yun.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline beachhead

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:12:24 AM »
MXR. di maganda ang filtering ng NS-2 as compared to the BOSS. if you have extra dough, go for an ISP Decimator. the ultimate noise gate pedal na yun.

MXR...better..... really? I chose an NS2 when I decided to invest on a noise suppresor/gate. So far I'm very happy. I based my decision through Harmony Central. I know the ISP is getting good reviews too. But for $120 USD, is it worth the extra $$$$? Have you tried it poundcake?
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 09:50:24 AM »

+1  :-) sa ISP decimator!!
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:06:46 AM »

MXR...better..... really? I chose an NS2 when I decided to invest on a noise suppresor/gate. So far I'm very happy. I based my decision through Harmony Central. I know the ISP is getting good reviews too. But for $120 USD, is it worth the extra $$$$? Have you tried it poundcake?

i haven't tried it personally yet but some of my friends already have one. they demoed the Decimator vs. NS-2 to me via skype and i was convinced. grabe yung noise filtering talaga, i think it offers -100dB noise suppression. but i do have both the NS-2 and the MXR Smart Gate. i just noticed that the NS-2 is really effective in filtering out hum if you're not playing anything, but whenever i play a note/chord then a bit of noise still gets through right before and right after i play the notes. i got better results when i adjusted the Decay knob but my sustain suffers because of the fast decay time. i switched to the Smart Gate as my main noise suppressor because i get better results out of it; the sustain doesn't suffer and i get a signal with very minimum noise even when i'm using my noisy handwound single-coils. i still use the NS-2 though, i have two boards kasi so it's in my other rig for the time being. have you tried the Smart Gate? if you're from the South Metro Manila area, you can test mine :)

is the Decimator worth it? probably. i'll try it out next month as i might go back to the US. but i think noise suppressors per se should be worth investing on as much as compressors, modulations, etc. because they also help give the guitar player a better tone.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:12:49 AM by Poundcake »
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline beachhead

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:06:38 PM »

i haven't tried it personally yet but some of my friends already have one. they demoed the Decimator vs. NS-2 to me via skype and i was convinced. grabe yung noise filtering talaga, i think it offers -100dB noise suppression. but i do have both the NS-2 and the MXR Smart Gate. i just noticed that the NS-2 is really effective in filtering out hum if you're not playing anything, but whenever i play a note/chord then a bit of noise still gets through right before and right after i play the notes. i got better results when i adjusted the Decay knob but my sustain suffers because of the fast decay time. i switched to the Smart Gate as my main noise suppressor because i get better results out of it; the sustain doesn't suffer and i get a signal with very minimum noise even when i'm using my noisy handwound single-coils. i still use the NS-2 though, i have two boards kasi so it's in my other rig for the time being. have you tried the Smart Gate? if you're from the South Metro Manila area, you can test mine :)

is the Decimator worth it? probably. i'll try it out next month as i might go back to the US. but i think noise suppressors per se should be worth investing on as much as compressors, modulations, etc. because they also help give the guitar player a better tone.

I'd love to try your future decimator.......sounds like devastator (constructicons). Let me know when it happens.
Supreme Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION
Due to the new policy, no graphics allowed, we are changing the style of the SD-1 coalition signature.
 http://beachhead20.multiply.com/