hulika

Author Topic: Hard Shell Case modification.....possible?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hard Shell Case modification.....possible?
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:36 AM »
Guys can anyone help? I have a molded hard shell case for electric guitar that is not used anymore. I want another electric guitar to fit in that case but the foams don't match the shape of the guitar. Does anyone know who can repair hard shell cases so that the guitar I presently have can fit in perfectly in the case?
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Hard Shell Case modification.....possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:33:11 AM »
Guys can anyone help? I have a molded hard shell case for electric guitar that is not used anymore. I want another electric guitar to fit in that case but the foams don't match the shape of the guitar. Does anyone know who can repair hard shell cases so that the guitar I presently have can fit in perfectly in the case?

you can try bringing the case to an upholstery shop. sila yung tingin ko kaya gumawa ng custom foam for your guitar. pero i honestly think that this will cost a lot. :| might as well sell it and replace it nalang bro.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Freak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
i've seen somewhere that the interior are actually Styrofoams then covered with carpet-like material

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
I think this is a good idea..

I think you could do the DIY path and buy heavy duty foam and retrofit the case..this is a good project..or you could reshape the existing stryo and reupholster the inner lining..Im pretty sure you could pay some upholtery shop guy this task for some sideline..merienda and 500 bucks..and a pack of smokes..
good luck!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »
What guitar was the molded case made for and what kind of guitar do you have now? 

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:54:03 AM »
Jaco, the molded case is used for Washburn MG40 which I sold. The guy just wanted the guitar so the case stayed with me.
The guitar I plan to have it housed on that case is a Jackson DK2.

I reckoned, "Baka kailanganin ko siya in the future, I'll never know"

At heto na nga.....

I am seriously reading all your suggestions so the more you share ideas the more I can have a better plan for this case.

Thanks for your insights guys.... :)
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park