hulika

Author Topic: Worship Members with tattoos, your opinions  (Read 26246 times)

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Worship Members with tattoos, your opinions
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
1. I hear you on the the Leviticus. Definitely, many do take it out of context, like a blanket prohibition of both ink and all sorts of cutting on the flesh. If I remember right, I think those were ritual practices of the pagan neighbors of the Jews in the Ancient Near East. But also, again, with what you say that opinion varies from reader to reader, I've read some argue that the 'for the dead' modifies/qualifies only the phrase "cuttings on your flesh".. Ergo, the 'for the dead' does not modify the phrase "do not make any markings.."

I'm just saying that what you argued on, your interpretation of that verse, was already argued against a lot of times. So then, it would go that if you charge them to have a sore misunderstanding or misapplication of the law, such charge will come biting back at you. So all of course is for the benefit of those who would take interest on this in this forum, and go search out for more answers..

2. I'm not flaking you, I'm very sorry for that. I'm just pointing to what you said na, because of the law:
  • anyone not agreeing with tattoos should also not agree with female earrings; or
  • anyone using the law to disagree with tats but not on earrings is not basing it on scripture but on flawed opinion that supersedes scripture
I just quipped the taboo 'analogy', which I described as 'stretching too far', to stress that the whole thing you said which I quoted stretches too far from the issue of earrings (your choice of example) with tattoos, with the subject of the topic (though you said it was OT but related), with the verse you chose to quote above, propriety in church, opinion reigning over scripture, etc.

IncX brought much of it back to where the discussion is all about, I guess.

Apologies sir, and points taken. Especially on point 1. If anything it is quite an example of what I was going against, which in a way drives the point as you point out the error. On the second point, I guess we both agree on that.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »
I got a tattoo on my back and a sleeve tattoo.. but what it shows and portray is who am I and what I do.. on my sleeve tattoo there is music and mission and my favourite verse and my dad's favourite saying about faith.. and just to add my parents are pastors...
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline u319183

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2014, 05:34:34 PM »
"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1Corinthians 6:19-20)

NO DABATE!

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »
"Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1Corinthians 6:19-20)

NO DABATE!

Yes debate. This verse is about Sexual Immorality. As such in 1Cor 6:

Sexual Immorality

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

NEVER TAKE A VERSE OUT OF CONTEXT.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »

Sexual Immorality

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.[c]

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

+1

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2014, 07:22:49 AM »

NO DABATE!

We are not debating here. hehehehe. But as I expected that  We always use "the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit".. Let me tell you this.. Having tattoo is not a crime to God. He even chooses the dirtiest people living on earth. He doesn't look at your appearance cause if that's the case God will not accept me. And also do you know the youth pastor of planet shakers who has a lot of body tattoo's and also has a lot of piercing that is ministering on a prison? He was not allowed before to preach on the said prison because he looks like a criminal or an addict than the real prisoner's. But he proved that God is awesome. He turned that prison men into a worthy person and having a FAITH with what he believes.. So not every people who has a tattoo is not a "body of Christ". We should look to ourselves before we look unto others.. God Bless you bro/sis,
If there is no music there is no life!  Just like If there is no GOD there is no LIFE!

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »

We are not debating here. hehehehe. But as I expected that  We always use "the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit".. Let me tell you this.. Having tattoo is not a crime to God. He even chooses the dirtiest people living on earth. He doesn't look at your appearance cause if that's the case God will not accept me. And also do you know the youth pastor of planet shakers who has a lot of body tattoo's and also has a lot of piercing that is ministering on a prison? He was not allowed before to preach on the said prison because he looks like a criminal or an addict than the real prisoner's. But he proved that God is awesome. He turned that prison men into a worthy person and having a FAITH with what he believes.. So not every people who has a tattoo is not a "body of Christ". We should look to ourselves before we look unto others.. God Bless you bro/sis,

Totally agree, as long as we have an intimate relationship with God, that's the most important thing. It's not about how I look with tattoos or how they see me as a tattooed-worship member but it's about what I do to glorify him everyday, even if NOBODY's looking. "Who am I when nobody's looking?" For me, If I see a worship member with tattoos, I would think about "how would Jesus look at him?". :) 
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
"Who am I when nobody's looking?" For me, If I see a worship member with tattoos, I would think about "how would Jesus look at him?". :)

that's the main point. "WHO AM I WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING"? I have a lot of tattoo and a piercing. But what it signify and what I'm doing with my life? Do I still Glorify him or is it a rebellious act? just a simple question to ponder with.. hehehe... peace..

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:21 PM »
good stuff! good discussion..

cant believe it reached 6 pages..hahaha

get one if you really want one...its your body, if you feel good about it..just go... no need to think what other people will say or think of you..Y.O.L.O. I say! hehe..

.if you think too much and analyze too much..I suggest pagpaliban nalang...
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »

get one if you really want one...its your body, if you feel good about it..just go... no need to think what other people will say or think of you..Y.O.L.O. I say! hehe..

.if you think too much and analyze too much..I suggest pagpaliban nalang...

+1

Offline masterjeremiah14

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »

Sexual Immorality

+1

Offline norvin_mangunay

« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »
Deuteronomy 8:18 "But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."

Offline iamppej

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2014, 07:04:24 AM »

sa mga naka pa nyod po anu po meron sa youtube na to? nasa office ako and I cant watch... thanks bro/sis

Offline zjanjan

« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »
ok lang may tattoo basta di malalate :D kidding aside. babaw nitong topic na to....

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2014, 03:36:18 PM »
ok lang may tattoo basta di malalate :D kidding aside. babaw nitong topic na to....

so true..cant believe the discussion ran for pages! haha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline rschua

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2015, 06:23:42 AM »
Tattoos imo is Amoral (being neither moral nor immoral)... It depends on the motive, purpose, conviction and the message on your tattoo...

I, for one have a tattoo, an ambigram saying "Jesus Christ" and when reversed, "Lord & Savior".

Check this out... http://www.gotquestions.org/tattoos-sin.html  and http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-tattoos.html

When in doubt, wag na lang ituloy...

Romans 14:23
23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.
Jesus=Life.
umaga-klei-rschua http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=327864.0
Your word [Jesus] is a lamp to guide my feet and a light to my path. Ps.119:105

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2015, 09:23:47 AM »

Sexual Immorality

+1

YES debate!

imho-> non issue ang tattoo

actually dapat di rin to topic e kasi nga non issue ang tattoo,

ipunin nalang lahat ng judge-Mentals na worship members/leaders and pat their shoulders and tell them who your savior really is, it is not them you need to serve but God through the congregation.

check out Mike Turner of BATTERY i believe he's a minister.
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...