hulika

Author Topic: Kamikazee's guitarist Arrested in Dubai  (Read 16095 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Kamikazee's guitarist Arrested in Dubai
« on: December 08, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/12/08/08/kamikazee-guitarist-arrested-dubai

Led Zeppelin Tuyay, the guitarist of Pinoy rock band, Kamikazee, was arrested in Dubai International Airport after authorities found suspected residue of marijuana in his luggage shortly after the band’s arrival in Dubai last Thursday, December 4.

Kamikazee was one of the four bands who performed last Friday in Dubai for this year’s “Rakrakan Fest,” a rock concert organized by ABS-CBN Middle East.

The other bands who performed were Bamboo, Pupil, and The Dawn.

Tuyay was immediately detained in a police headquarters in Dubai and is awaiting prosecution.

If found guilty, the guitarist may face a still undetermined jail sentence and may be banned from entering the United Arab Emirates in the future.

Despite Tuyay's arrest, Kamikazee went on to perform last Friday at the “Rakrakan Fest.”

More than 16,000 OFW's in the UAE and neighboring countries watched the concert. -- Dindo Amparo, ABS-CBN Middle East

Nakalimutan ata niyang wala siya sa Pinas...

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

Re: Kamikazee's guitarist Arrested in Dubai
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:54:05 PM »
i hope he won't be charged guilty.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
ughhhhhh bad bad move, really stupid.

bringing along cannabis on an international flight... LOL he could have just went to Dubai and discretely asked the local pinoys for it if he couldnt resist it hehehe.

maybe he brought it along by accident, similar things happen, especially if you don't clean your bags regularly hehehehe

hope he doesnt get jailed too long.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:23:04 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »
In all probability...it's just residue. darn stupid...

Offline loudchild

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
di napagpag.malas lang chong. Word of caution sa iba. Ingat na lang.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:40 AM »
di napagpag.malas lang chong. Word of caution sa iba. Ingat na lang.

Word of caution.

STOP TAKING DRUGS!!!  :roll:

Offline nani

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 10:30:27 AM »
Rockstar as its best!  if its true , napakairesponsable at stupid nya naman... its not just his reputation that will be tarnished, madadamay na naman ang mga ibang pinoy bands or any OFW na mukhang rockstar... a real kamikazee! ang masama, baka di nya gawa yun...

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
Rockstar as its best!  if its true , napakairesponsable at stupid nya naman... its not just his reputation that will be tarnished, madadamay na naman ang mga ibang pinoy bands or any OFW na mukhang rockstar... a real kamikazee! ang masama, baka di nya gawa yun...

Chong, I don't think naive ang mga tao na maraming rakista ang gumagamit ng droga.  Marami ring hindi rakista na nagdodroga.    In other words, maraming durugista.

Ang di ko lang alam, bakit di man lang siya naglinis ng gamit.   :?

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 12:20:37 AM »

Ang di ko lang alam, bakit di man lang siya naglinis ng gamit.   :?

kung basag sya 1 day before the flight at madalian ang pag-impake, malamang yun ang nagpahamak sa kanya...
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline loudchild

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 05:02:13 AM »
lumalabas na naman mga self righteous dito. Kung gumagamit sya problema na nya yun. Stop talking like its your damn problem and telling everyone that they should not do this or that. Just be responsible enough to handle your own [gooey brown stuff]. wag ka na mandamay. ganun lang kasimple yun. Now for Led Zep's case, he was being irresponsible kasi nandun sya as a representative of pinoy rock music. di maiiwasan mastereotype but i hope he is responsible enough to handle his screw up. Sabi nga you srew up you should man up. Ganun lang yun.

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:30:41 AM »
i hope everything works out good for him. kasalanan rin talaga nya e...  :-(

Offline theunknownsoldier

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »
I'm inclined to think that it was carelessness that threw him, not stupidity.
And it was only residue for crying out loud, meaning, he could well be doing drugs here in the country, but that does not necessitate the idea that he intended to do it in Dubai. That is in consideration of the possibility that authorities in Dubai may be taking drug cases more seriously than our authorities here.
Like most of the guys here who sympathize and empathize, I wish him well.
"your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer,
may I land my kinky machine?"
 -third stone from the sun jimi hendrix

Offline kimlopez

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
hahahaa! very wrong!
Please read our Service Policy.

Offline mayk_bam

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 11:55:11 AM »
nakow, pag nakulong yan tyak meron pang kasamang lashes....aray!
Ibanez RG530 DX, Korg X50

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
lumalabas na naman mga self righteous dito. Kung gumagamit sya problema na nya yun. Stop talking like its your damn problem and telling everyone that they should not do this or that. Just be responsible enough to handle your own [gooey brown stuff]. wag ka na mandamay. ganun lang kasimple yun. Now for Led Zep's case, he was being irresponsible kasi nandun sya as a representative of pinoy rock music. di maiiwasan mastereotype but i hope he is responsible enough to handle his screw up. Sabi nga you srew up you should man up. Ganun lang yun.

With all due respect, campaigning against drug use is NOT being self-righteous.  Although I am inclined to think that the domain of what is 'right' is largely dependent on culture and law, thus, marijuana, as per what OUR law says, defines it as ILLEGAL and arguably, immoral.

I don't wanna hear those arguments that in Spain and Holland, marijuana is legal... F*** that, Led Zep was in Dubai, where marijuana is illegal.

What really annoys me is when people call you self-righteous when you clamor for the bare minimum we call LAW-OBEDIENCE. I am not even talking morality here.

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
Ayan ang naidudulot sa mga pasaway. Dapat naisip nya na meron siyang flight kinabukasan. Sana magsilbing lesson din yan sa mga ibang musikerong pinoy para sa kanilang ikabubuti. ;)

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
Ayan ang naidudulot sa mga pasaway. Dapat naisip nya na meron siyang flight kinabukasan. Sana magsilbing lesson din yan sa mga ibang musikerong pinoy para sa kanilang ikabubuti. ;)

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »

Offline loudchild

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
you are being self righteous if you are forcing me to feed on the same moral standard that you go by. by simply saying " dont do drugs" simply because you dont is just being self righteous. for God's sake dont be a preacher coz this aint your pulpit.

simply put, if people here wants to try those stuff who are we to tell them otherwise?as long as they know what the consequences of such actions are and would own up to their mishaps then its all up to them.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 09:33:42 PM »

*grabs popcorn*  :-D
This is a forum siggy.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:17:10 PM »
you are being self righteous if you are forcing me to feed on the same moral standard that you go by.

Even if the law says so?

by simply saying " dont do drugs" simply because you dont is just being self righteous. for God's sake dont be a preacher coz this aint your pulpit.
Look pal, what you said earlier on is "mag-ingat".  Short for "kung nagdodroga ka, huwag ka magpahuli (sa awtoridad, sa eskwela, sa magulang, etc.)  Kasi, kung susundin ko logic mo, pag hindi nahuli, hindi bawal/masama.

simply put, if people here wants to try those stuff who are we to tell them otherwise?as long as they know what the consequences of such actions are and would own up to their mishaps then its all up to them.

The problem is, some people do NOT know the consequences of their actions.  Or if not, they practice recklessness notwithstanding the effect of breaking the law (or even moral confinements.)  Halimbawa, alam ba ng mga kaskaserong bus driver na puwede sila makapatay sa ginagawa nila?  OO.  Pero RECKLESS nga sila eh, kaya di sila nagtitino sa pagmamaneho.  :|

I've met many people who had a great future ahead of them, who simply got destroyed by drugs.  I had a buddy who started out smoking a joint... later on went on getting larger and larger stashes.  Now what I've heard he's into ketamin.  I am counting the days til his brain gets all fried up.  Pinagsabihan na siya but his bodily cravings just make him go cold turkey.  So I simply gave up on him.  At this point he practices no sense of accountability at work, and there are days he would be very extremely lazy.  Don't the drugs have anything to do with that?

Bottomline is, WALANG PUMIPIGIL AT MAKAKAPIGIL SA IYONG MGA DESISYON SA BUHAY.  Matanda ka na para malaman ang tama at mali.  Pero gaya ni Led Zep, pag nahuli ka, yari ka.  Don't blame your parents or anyone else for your mishaps.  Don't tell anyone nobody warned you the consequences of your actions. I'm just here giving plain and honest advice.  Ika nga nila, prevention is better than cure.  Instead of worrying about getting caught, why not cut the crap?

Maybe this thread can turn into an "It's not your effin business if I choose to do drugs..." type of argument if we want to, but please bear in mind, the whole geist of this thread is testimony to how drugs can destroy your reputation. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:27:18 AM by skunkyfunk »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 02:10:54 AM »
*grabs popcorn*  :-D

*opens fridge, grabs two cans of ice cold coke, and sits with Digitalcyco*  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline loudchild

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 05:43:33 AM »
The problem is, some people do NOT know the consequences of their actions.  Or if not, they practice recklessness notwithstanding the effect of breaking the law (or even moral confinements.)  Halimbawa, alam ba ng mga kaskaserong bus driver na puwede sila makapatay sa ginagawa nila?  OO.  Pero RECKLESS nga sila eh, kaya di sila nagtitino sa pagmamaneho. 

Mali naman analogy mo e. Sabi ko nga a una kong post "Just be responsible enough to handle your own [gooey brown stuff]. wag ka na mandamay."

Yung analogy mo kasi may nadadamay na iba. Yun kagaguhan na talaga yun. Ngayon kung buhay mo lang sisirain mo bahala ka. Its your life anyway. ikaw na rin nga nagsabi:

Bottomline is, WALANG PUMIPIGIL AT MAKAKAPIGIL SA IYONG MGA DESISYON SA BUHAY.  Matanda ka na para malaman ang tama at mali.  Pero gaya ni Led Zep, pag nahuli ka, yari ka.  Don't blame your parents or anyone else for your mishaps.  Don't tell anyone nobody warned you the consequences of your actions.

I did not say na walang mali si Led Zep. Irresponsible nga e. a case of someone who gets high and cant handle it.

I've met many people who had a great future ahead of them, who simply got destroyed by drugs.  I had a buddy who started out smoking a joint... later on went on getting larger and larger stashes.  Now what I've heard he's into ketamin.  I am counting the days til his brain gets all fried up.  Pinagsabihan na siya but his bodily cravings just make him go cold turkey.  So I simply gave up on him.  At this point he practices no sense of accountability at work, and there are days he would be very extremely lazy.  Don't the drugs have anything to do with that?

Im sorry for your friend but Im saving my Klenex for someone else. You're friend can't handle it now he has to live with it and probably but hopefully not die because of it. Again, ginawa mo yan e. So dont expect people to give you sympathy or whatever nor wait until someone "saves" you or gives you an epiphany to clean up your act. That is just plain being irresponsible and lazy.

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »
*opens fridge, grabs two cans of ice cold coke, and sits with Digitalcyco*  :-D

*slams onto a comfy couch*

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »
*sits back into rocking chair. gets orange juice. maneuvers for a better view with all the others on their sofas.*