hulika

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Franco?  (Read 32946 times)

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What are your thoughts on Franco?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
Sakto yong theory mo, malamang may contribution lahat ng members sa song writing... Di ko naisip yon agad. I want them to stick around too, but hoping they'd grab and maximize the opportunity of having 3 guitars para lalong maging EPIC ang gawa nila.

Imagine Pinoy Rock na may touch of Reggae and then with solos (guitar harmonies) similar to that of Iron Maiden, whew...

OT mukhang big maiden fan ka sir a. ako din maiden fan here. we did a lot of iron maiden covers nung college :lol:
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
i dont know why ... but i have 2 theories:

1.) song writing - it is very probable that each of the guitar players contribute to song writing, so eventhough they play the same parts, they still contribute other stuff to the table. maybe they should ask one of the guys there to play keyboards? hehehe...

2.) Slipknot theory - they are friends and one of them probably needs something to keep him busy... so they cant just leave him.

all in all though... i think having bands like Franco is healthy for the music scene. i hope they'd stick around much longer.

eto. lalo na yung slipknot theory.

palagay ko pampakapal din ng tunog pag live. I used to be in a 3 guitarist band before.

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
OT mukhang big maiden fan ka sir a. ako din maiden fan here. we did a lot of iron maiden covers nung college :lol:

May tama ka!!!  :evil:

Lahat ng Megadeth/Metallica fan dapat appreciative din sa IRON MAIDEN. There would have been no Megadeth nor Metallica if not for the people behind the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.

Anyways, I look forward for a more FRANCO music...  :mrgreen:
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)
Processors: Line6 PODHD300, Line6 Floor POD
Amps: Line6 Spider IV 75 w/ FBV2 Footswitch

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Don't take it negatively guys, but I do have a question.

But before I discuss my question, Id like to admit that I like this band (FRANCO). The vocals/guitars guy has amazing talent, then you have the likes of stars from Urbandub, Parokya, and Queso as part of the casts. My favorite songs are actually "This Gathering" and "Song For The Suspect".

My question would be, just wondering lang po (alam ko kanya kanyang trip lang yan), why do they opt to have 3 guitars (or guitarists for that matter)? I think, IMHO, Franco Reyes and either Gabby or Paolo can already pull of the guitar tandem duties. My thoughts lang kasi if you have 3 guitars, there would have been guitar solo harmonies similar to the likes of IRON MAIDEN, Think Lizzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pearl Jam, etc.

I was actually trying to learn the guitar part of the song "This Gathering" and I can say right now that Guitar II and III play exactly the same riffs, while Franco Reyes' guitar does most of the "Let Ringing" parts, correct me if I am wrong.

They would have looked meaner as a quartet if you know what I mean. Please don't hate me guys, but this is just my humble opinion.

galing po kasi kadalasan yung majority ng mga songs sa inyo (please correct me if im wrong)
pero sa next album sure ako mapapansin natin ung difference from this album kasi mas marami nang macocontribute yung iba especially sa composition ng mga songs :)))

Offline gogosago

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 03:12:53 AM »
if i remember correctly, bago umalis si franco ng bansa dati, siya yung guitarist ng Sheila and the Insects diba?

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »
if i remember correctly, bago umalis si franco ng bansa dati, siya yung guitarist ng Sheila and the Insects diba?

dunno pero Orven Enoveso and Ian Zafra played guitars for sheila and the insects....... :wink:
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline andrewb23

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 10:26:42 PM »
franco is like emo/urban/alternative rock

their band is composed of famous members, but there's nothing really new about their music. people, specially magazine people are just excited about them because they're a super band, but other than that, boring.

npaka dead ng pinoy music ngaun, puro foreign cover ba nman i promose sa ASAP at SOP e, ano pangaba aasahan mo.
"the artist controls the label, not the other way around"
-Victor Wooten

Offline decadence

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Franco is not emo at all in my opinion. Their music is very soothing and has an ethereal feel to it. Most of the songs touch on spirituality. They might not be pushing the boundaries of music but they are still very compelling, at least to me. Big fan here.

Offline The Principal

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »
TOO NOISY.

STUDENTS ANDREWB23 AND DECADENCE DO NOT SETTLE THIS WITH FISTFIGHT OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL.  U TALK THIS OVER NICELY. EMO, URBAN, ALTERNATIVE, AH SAME DIFFERENTS!

- PRINCIPAL EASO OOMMEN

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
TOO NOISY.

STUDENTS ANDREWB23 AND DECADENCE DO NOT SETTLE THIS WITH FISTFIGHT OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL.  U TALK THIS OVER NICELY. EMO, URBAN, ALTERNATIVE, AH SAME DIFFERENTS!

- PRINCIPAL EASO OOMMEN

What's your nationality man?

I honestly do not understand what you have just said... What was that all about?

I think we can settle with using google translator if you use your native tongue instead, Hindi or Tamil maybe?
Guitars: Dean Mustaine VMNT (SD Mustaine LiveWire), Jackson Stars Neck-Thru KV-J2K (EMG 81/60), ESP-LTD EX-400 (EMG 81/60 18v)

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 01:56:23 AM »
I'll admit. I'm starting to like Franco more and more with each listen. My band was honored to have shared the stage with them. And I have to say, they REALLY sound good live.

franco is a super band. think of urbandub, parokya, and the now disbanded queso rolled into one. and then think of 311 and bob marley....

super band = huh ?
ang super band para sakin is a group of super talented artists in one band like
paul gilbert (racer x) + billy sheehan (David Lee Roth) + pat torpey (the knack) + eric martin (eric martin band) = mr.big
JOE SATRIANI (solo) + CHAD SMITH (rhcp) + MICHAEL ANTHONY(van halen) + SAMMY HAGAR(solo) = chicken feet

In my opinion, in Pinoy Pop Culture, a superband means yung members eh mga members na galing sa sikat na banda.

Don't take it negatively guys, but I do have a question.

My question would be, just wondering lang po (alam ko kanya kanyang trip lang yan), why do they opt to have 3 guitars (or guitarists for that matter)? I think, IMHO, Franco Reyes and either Gabby or Paolo can already pull of the guitar tandem duties. My thoughts lang kasi if you have 3 guitars, there would have been guitar solo harmonies similar to the likes of IRON MAIDEN, Think Lizzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pearl Jam, etc.

I think they're going for a bigger texture than guitar harmonies.

Summer na nga pala no. Kaya mas maraming time yung mga bored na tao na manggulo dito sa PM.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 04:45:19 PM »
The only songs I know from this band are: Castaway & Song for the Suspect. I love Castaway. But I don't dig the band. 'Di ko din gusto yung version nung Castaway na sila Gabby Alipe, etc yung tumugtog.

I like this version of Castaway:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:46:53 PM by kurtcobainer »

Offline mustaine_factor

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »
Summer na nga pala no. Kaya mas maraming time yung mga bored na tao na manggulo dito sa PM.

Ay sir, hindi po ako nanggugulo, and I am not even criticizing Franco's way of making use of 3-guitar players. I am just wondering lang po coz normally I associate Guitar Trios in bands similar to Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc (pasensya na with my rather narrow perspective on this approach). But I am glad a few gentlemen from PM who gave good theories on my inquiry.

More power to PM!

Offline 8marlon8

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »
Thoughts on franco??hmmm..
they surely will rock the hell out of your school..hahaha.
just feel the vibe.
BEST I EVER HAD

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2011, 03:14:56 AM »
TOO NOISY.

- PRINCIPAL EASO OOMMEN

too noisy???
not really just listen and feel the vibe i assure you
you will love them :)
check you spelling and grammar please

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2011, 03:19:36 AM »
Ay sir, hindi po ako nanggugulo, and I am not even criticizing Franco's way of making use of 3-guitar players. I am just wondering lang po coz normally I associate Guitar Trios in bands similar to Iron Maiden, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc (pasensya na with my rather narrow perspective on this approach). But I am glad a few gentlemen from PM who gave good theories on my inquiry.

More power to PM!

LOL. I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the annoying person behind the The Principal handle.

Offline half_empty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2011, 11:21:04 AM »
great band. i support OPM.

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
great band. i support OPM.

+9999
TAPOS ANG USAPAN!!!
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
I actually think Mike Sylvia had a better take on the drums for Franco's music.  But even during the JAG Rock Bivouac days, where his band "Frank" became a finalist, I knew he had great songwriting skills. 

IMO, I cannot resist compare the inYo and Franco recordings.  I guess Inyo's recordings "breathed" more; Franco's was very over the top, and the drums were way too focused.  But that's just me.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2011, 04:42:13 PM »
This band is great, they can write songs very well. And a good voice too. But I can't dig them (same as Urbandub).

And yes sana imaximize nila ang 3 guitars. Kinapa ko yung ibang kanta nila eh parang isang gitarista lang pwede na.

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:23 PM »
daming nang aaway., thoughts nila yun eh., edi hayaan nyo., ayun yung hinihingi ng TS., masyado nyong kinikilatis sinasabi ng iba.,! haha! peace! pustahan may mang aaway din sakin! haha!
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2011, 10:52:49 AM »
galing ng banda at ang ganda ng quality ng music/album nila....although pag narinig mo malakas masayado ang tunog ng Urbandub sa kanila(siyempre kasama kasi si Gaby dito, hehehe)...pero mgalaing nonetheless

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 02:46:07 PM »
fabricated. just another band of someone who's into this famous band who formed another band and will form another band soon. di nyo napapansin, sila sila na lang ang nasa mainstream. wala ng ibang nakakapasok. napansin ko lang naman.
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline Sneaky Bastard

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »
fabricated. just another band of someone who's into this famous band who formed another band and will form another band soon. di nyo napapansin, sila sila na lang ang nasa mainstream. wala ng ibang nakakapasok. napansin ko lang naman.

ETO!

Tumpak ser! Ang galing ng obserbasyon mo s-s-s-ser! Di ako Franco Haterz pero sa dinadamidaming magagaling na banda ngaun LUMALABAS SILA NA OVERRATED porket nandun sina Franco, Gabby, Ocho, Buwi, Janjan en a lot of dubidubidu for everybodybody.
Butt-hurt much?