hulika

Author Topic: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...  (Read 64315 times)

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2007, 02:38:29 AM »
sir bluejem, thanks sa tone party last saturday. ganda ng guitar mo. ganda ng tone quality at sustain. very accessible yung neck. dulas tlga ng ebony. ganda pa physically. nakakapaglaway.

Tnx bro.Sana pg mgakaron uli ng ganun mas madami na tau.Again tnx.I`ll be looking forward to see you having your own elegee custom guitar. :-o
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:50:05 AM by bluejem »
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2007, 02:55:24 AM »
My honest assessment of Bluejem's custom, construction is above average.  Even better made than some American made guitars.  Polido ito.  Medyo mabigat lang for me.  But it ain't as heavy as my latest LESTER -- heh heh. 

Sound wise, it has character that beats a lot of imported US and Japan made guitars.  This surprised me a lot coming from the other two Elegee customs I had tested.  As I understand, Bluejem wanted to get both single coil tones and humbucker tones on one guitar because he has to cover all the bases para as mga gig niya.  It is a good compromise but definitely it ain't strat sounding and ain't gibson sounding.  The guitar can do a variety of styles and has a character of its own.  Para sa akin kulang pa rin sa hiyaw pero meyron siya -- more so than the average guitar.

One thing I would recommend which is just purely aesthetic, mas bagay sana kung hindi natural kundi transparent red or blue finish na makikita ang grain ng kahoy at lamination. Nakakapagod kasi ngayon makita ang mga flame top dahil almost lahat mayroon.  Since maganda naman ang grain na opposite direction pa kaysa sa mga laminated flame tops,  sana lang ibang kulay versus natural.  I believe the effect would further make it look imported. 

Cheers... 

For the info of everybody, after testing a dozen new lousy sounding gibsons which are signatures, historics and custom shops straight for two hours,  brand becomes irrelevant for me now with electric guitars.   This guitar that bluejem had customized has more character than the guitars I had tested and that includes a dead sounding Ibanez MIJ Andy Timmons.  At my minimum sound character expectation, its on the level of ESP Custom Shop but defintely will be beat by a real ringer ESP Custom Shop by far.   Again, don't expect RJ prices because this is way much better than RJ quality.

Uy,tnx bro.Hope we can jam again next time.Tnx a lot man! :-DRegarding sa finish ng guitar ko,I really wanted it to be natural and satin or flat finish.I wanted the grain of the wood to be seen and become a part of the guitar`s aesthetics.That idea was inspired by Mike Stern`s tele Pacifica and so I had it done on my guitar.The finish is not glossy and is flat or satin because it feels smooth when you touch it.Well,It was made according to what I want so I`m happy with it.Tnx for the reviews bro. :-D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 03:07:39 AM by bluejem »
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2007, 03:13:22 AM »
wow! good review alex!

naiintriga ako sobra jan sa elegee na yan, ganda ng guitar ni bluejem eh, parang PRS-type sha. if ever ako man pagawa, baka close to that shape pero H-H combo. instead of S-S-H.

as for finish suggestion, maganda kung medyo dark lacquer with dark filler, para mas ma-accentuate yung grain nung kahoy. ganda ng guitar mo bluejem! PM mo sakin magkano total na nagastos mo jan along with the parts. thanks bro!

Tnx sa comment sir.Well,regarding sa finish,I really wanted it to be natural flat or satin finish.Cguro ung gus2 mong finish sir pwde mo din ipagawa pg ngpacustom kna din and that would be great.Tnx uli. :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:37 PM »
This is the latest update of Jon`s custom shop as of jan29...

Hmm,serious a...

Uy,sobra saya bigla...

Cute smile bro...

Hoihose/Jet with his newly set up fender and ibanez...Ganda ng mga guitar mo pre.... :-D

Meashugar`s Elegee custom tele...1pc Swamp ash,Lupiiiit!!! :-D

Eric`s amazing Elegee custom guitar...Wow! :-o

Ac`s exotic beauty bass guitar...ganda bro!!! :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2007, 03:19:52 PM »
Grabe,kkaexcite `tong mga gitarang to.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2007, 03:51:14 PM »
sir bluejem, kaya ba ni Jon gawin tong finish na to:

thanks!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2007, 04:56:26 PM »
sir bluejem, kaya ba ni Jon gawin tong finish na to:

thanks!

Sir I think transparent blue yung paint na yan.Yung swirl nya I think yung wood yun.I beleive kaya ni Jon yun depende sa availability ng paint and wood.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2007, 07:05:19 PM »
that's great! baka magpagawa ako sa kanya later this year. but i have to buy the necessary hardware first :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »
that's great! baka magpagawa ako sa kanya later this year. but i have to buy the necessary hardware first :)

Soon there will be a music store opening that can supply almost every guitar and bass player`s needs.The name of thr store is GUITAR PLUS.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2007, 11:09:07 PM »

Soon there will be a music store opening that can supply almost every guitar and bass player`s needs.The name of thr store is GUITAR PLUS.

YAN! ang magandang mangyayari satin! Abangan......
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2007, 11:27:26 PM »

nakaabang na, nakaabang na!!  :-D
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »

Pera na lang kailangan, abang na abang na kami!    :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2007, 02:26:44 AM »

I think Guitar Plus will have its grand opening around March and it will be a big event.May panahon pa mgipon hehe. :-D

Pera na lang kailangan, abang na abang na kami!    :-D

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2007, 04:11:58 AM »
Its OFFICIAL!!! Elegee Customs and BAMFX have tied-up already!!! Both Jon's and BAMF's geniueses will be ONE on all custom guitars!

pics will be uploaded by bluejem.

The Elegee Custom Shop Website will be up next week. Watch out for it....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:13:57 AM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2007, 12:08:53 PM »
wow this is great. mabuhay kayong dalawa.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2007, 12:33:31 PM »
it's a dye finish.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »
it's a dye finish.

Under around ten coats of lacquer, ganda niyan! 

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »
Its OFFICIAL!!! Elegee Customs and BAMFX have tied-up already!!! Both Jon's and BAMF's geniueses will be ONE on all custom guitars!

pics will be uploaded by bluejem.

The Elegee Custom Shop Website will be up next week. Watch out for it....

wow! prang marriage made in tone heaven to!!!

AABANGAN TALAGA TO!!!!  :evil:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
This are the latest on repairs and set ups...

2 Creative minds meet...

(left)Jon/Elegee,(Right)Jobet/bamf

and here`s more...

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 05:38:01 PM by bluejem »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2007, 05:53:02 PM »
bossing ung bang boston engineering na heavy metal BAMFed na ba un?

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2007, 05:58:19 PM »
bossing ung bang boston engineering na heavy metal BAMFed na ba un?

Yup,bamfed lhat yung efx na nsa table.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2007, 06:14:30 PM »
sayang...kelan kayo nagpunta dun? andun ung gitara ko pinapaayos ko ung action tska pinapalitan ko ng elegee pickups...kung alam ko lang sana ibinilin ko na ung scalarizer...awwwww  :-(

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline vic_6

• Board Moderator
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2007, 06:18:06 PM »
1 piece na tele?!?!?! ang daya!!!! bat sya may one piece?!?!?!?!hehe
way too much GAS, way too little cash

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »

hmmmm.... parang kilala ko to ah :)
ano sakit nung les paul mo bro?

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2007, 01:16:04 AM »

hmmmm.... parang kilala ko to ah :)
ano sakit nung les paul mo bro?

Syempre,kaw yan idol. :-D