hulika

Author Topic: LF: Cheap powered PA speakers for gigging with a modeler  (Read 1141 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
LF: Cheap powered PA speakers for gigging with a modeler
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Considering using an FRFR system for gigging. Text me if you have one or a pair for sale. 0917 503 5643
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: LF: Cheap powered PA speakers for gigging with a modeler
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:11:46 PM »
OT: consider getting a decent studio monitor first that translates well to regular speakers. tweak your modeler on the studio monitors, not on the powered speakers. wag nga lang sa krk rokit hehehe

i find the guitar sound really thin and piercing when the modeler is used direct to the mixer (of another sound system). it might sound good on your powered speaker but not on the FOH

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
I do have studio monitors pero cheap Samson units lang. I wrote my patches using those Pero they didn't translate well onto the rehearsal PA. Any recommendations for studio monitors?

I just bought a Kevler Eon10a and rewrote my patches there. Curious how it will turn out in rehearsal this Sunday.
OT: consider getting a decent studio monitor first that translates well to regular speakers. tweak your modeler on the studio monitors, not on the powered speakers. wag nga lang sa krk rokit hehehe

i find the guitar sound really thin and piercing when the modeler is used direct to the mixer (of another sound system). it might sound good on your powered speaker but not on the FOH

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »
studio monitors that are really expensive will do  :-D krk rp10 is probably the cheapest option or the vxt series.

even with great studio monitors, it will not get you there 100%. it will save you time though by getting you close to your sound and with less trial and error. you will still need to tweak according to the venue's acoustics and sound system.

Offline j.escueta

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
Kamusta sound ng kevler? Of all the i audtioned recently. Between the following: alto ts212. Alto ts210. Behringer 112D. Wharfedale titan 12. Peavey pvx12. Samson auro 12 and samson rsx112. The worst sounding was the behringer. Best sounding was the samson rsx112. But the rsx was also the most expensive at 29990.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk