hulika

Author Topic: Agile AL2000  (Read 6256 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Agile AL2000
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »
That's a nice cleans sound for HBs.. the the overdriven sound feels like a solid punch through the chest!  :-)

yes chino, even with this amp but also i lowered the pole pieces for the neck and bridge pup to, the amp is biased a tad hotter than normal too

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 10:11:43 PM »
Thanks for the info, Bryan! :) Too bad the dead spot one of my guitar has  is note related.

Am looking forward to watching your vid later.  :)

what kind of guitar is it? what note? what is your action in the 12th and your nut? have you tried a different tuning?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:35:22 PM by bryanarzaga »

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2014, 07:15:18 PM »
what kind of guitar is it? what note? what is your action in the 12th and your nut? have you tried a different tuning?

It's an SE CU22 and yes, tuning it down or up will only make the deadspot move a fret up or down as well. In standard tuning, the deadspot would be at the 14th fret of the G string. Funny thing is, playing the same A note on the other strings produces wonderful (IMO) overtones so I have learned to live with it. Unfortunately, I do not have the measurements of the action on the 12th (it's what i would call medium action) and the nut (I have dropped in a US PRS nut without modifiying anything, if that could give you an idea).

Soory about that...but to your Agile....

r_chino is right, your guitar sounds heavy! Mind sharing how much the guitar and buckers are?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
It's an SE CU22 and yes, tuning it down or up will only make the deadspot move a fret up or down as well. In standard tuning,
the deadspot would be at the 14th fret of the G string. Funny thing is, playing the same A note on the other strings produces wonderful (IMO) overtones so I have learned to live with it. Unfortunately, I do not have the measurements of the action on the 12th (it's what i would call medium action) and the nut (I have dropped in a US PRS nut without modifiying anything, if that could give you an idea).

interesting, which makes me wonder how your neck is setup'd,  i also would like to see chino take a look at your guitar, as i see you didnt slot the nuts after installing it,

ill take some pics as i my SC22 was cut for 10-46 but the CU22 was 09-42 and i had to re-slot the nut for that guage

the card in the tool below is what i use now, i use a mm ruler before but this is a tad easy to see

http://www.rondomusic.com/tk001.html

Soory about that...but to your Agile....

r_chino is right, your guitar sounds heavy! Mind sharing how much the guitar and buckers are?

the agile was a trade from a squier deluxe, which was a trade from a sx st with a locking trem which was $110, Agile AL2000 cost $225 new, the reason i went for a trade was with my past experience of the agile 8 interceptor the higher frets were messed up were you cant put the action as low as 225

the z-buckers were the same demo set i got from Guitarheads 5 years ago, so i hardly spent anything other than time , so i decided m not getting another one as i worry ill do the same fixes to a new guitar

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »
interesting, which makes me wonder how your neck is setup'd,  i also would like to see chino take a look at your guitar, as i see you didnt slot the nuts after installing it,

ill take some pics as i my SC22 was cut for 10-46 but the CU22 was 09-42 and i had to re-slot the nut for that guage

the card in the tool below is what i use now, i use a mm ruler before but this is a tad easy to see

http://www.rondomusic.com/tk001.html

the agile was a trade from a squier deluxe, which was a trade from a sx st with a locking trem which was $110, Agile AL2000 cost $225 new, the reason i went for a trade was with my past experience of the agile 8 interceptor the higher frets were messed up were you cant put the action as low as 225

the z-buckers were the same demo set i got from Guitarheads 5 years ago, so i hardly spent anything other than time , so i decided m not getting another one as i worry ill do the same fixes to a new guitar

Yeah, it would be nice to meet the Pua brothers face to face.  :-D When you come and visit, maybe we could all have some sort of EB!

Here's another thing that might surprise you with my SE's nut - I'm using 11's without further slotting as mentioned. The guitar is maintained by Mike Sison for years now and he was the one who installed the US nut.

Given the value of your Agile and its upgrades, it's a winner! If only it were easily available here and close to the prices online, I'd prolly have an LP-type guitar again.  :)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
Yeah, it would be nice to meet the Pua brothers face to face.  :-D When you come and visit, maybe we could all have some sort of EB!

thats great and thats also g@y lol

Here's another thing that might surprise you with my SE's nut - I'm using 11's without further slotting as mentioned. The guitar is maintained by Mike Sison for years now and he was the one who installed the US nut.

i see, well let me just take pics on the nut height so we can compare notes

Given the value of your Agile and its upgrades, it's a winner! If only it were easily available here and close to the prices online, I'd prolly have an LP-type guitar again.  :)

yeah its affordable but if im in the phils and wanted to get one, it would be very unsound to justify the shipping cost

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
Nut heights? Compare notes? That is so ....  :lol:

Pero dami kong napupulot na tips dito, he he he.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:31 PM »
Nut heights? Compare notes? That is so ....  :lol:

Pero dami kong napupulot na tips dito, he he he.

we're all adults here  8-)

@curios

here's the sc250 with the 3rd fret pressed

unpressed the distance between the string and fret should be under 1.00mm

similar to the CU22

the warrior isabella is also low there