hulika

Author Topic: DIY cables,patch cables,coupler,shielded wires and sources  (Read 1735 times)

Offline vhershekinahfaith

• Netizen Level
DIY cables,patch cables,coupler,shielded wires and sources
« on: September 19, 2014, 11:50:23 PM »
I need to set up my pedalboard and i need some
advice where i could find my needs. Plugs,cables and the stores or the suppliers also. Lava and G'L's cables
are expensive. I need some advice & info also.
God bless.

Offline valeschumi

• Netizen Level
Re: DIY cables,patch cables,coupler,shielded wires and sources
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:44 AM »
call or txt Jay of Gluttone 09175052946, sa kanya lang ako nagpapagawa ng cables/patches, Mogami na yan and you have a choice of Neutrik or Amphenol plugs, shielded of course.
MIJ Ibanez RG 580 SOL, MIK Samick Classical
MIK Squier Strat(Seymour Duncun JB junior bridge pickup, Hipshot drop-D tuner, Graph Tech bridge saddle)
MII Hamer Echotone ES-335 cherry copy (Tonerider Alnicos)

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:47:44 AM »
If you can solder cables yourself, there's no better place than good ol' Deeco in Farmers' Cubao. They sell those 1/4" pancake plugs, and then you can source the cables from Audiophile or other music stores (try your best to get something like Klotz, the others seem to have terrible handling noise i.e. when you move them around when plugged they make hissing noises).

Offline soundhole8

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
Question po, may shops ba around Makati or Alabang na mabibilhan ng Pancake Plugs?
Baka may alam kayo. Thanks in advance.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
Wala sa alam ko bro, pero para sure ka na lang sa supply ng pancake plugs, lumuwas ka one time big time para bumili ng bulk cables and connectors.

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 02:00:23 PM »
Question po, may shops ba around Makati or Alabang na mabibilhan ng Pancake Plugs?
Baka may alam kayo. Thanks in advance.

There used to be a Deeco in that terminal/mall along Zapote Rd. across Filinvest. Baka nandun pa.  :)

Offline soundhole8

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
There used to be a Deeco in that terminal/mall along Zapote Rd. across Filinvest. Baka nandun pa.  :)

Hmmm... Ichecheck ko yan sir. Thanks for the info.
 :-D

Offline iyzburg

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
call or txt Jay of Gluttone 09175052946, sa kanya lang ako nagpapagawa ng cables/patches, Mogami na yan and you have a choice of Neutrik or Amphenol plugs, shielded of course.

And how much sir, if  you may, would he normally charge for a guitar cable? say, 10 feet? or 3 to 5 meters?  :cute:
Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline p-nut

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 01:21:20 PM »
If you can solder cables yourself, there's no better place than good ol' Deeco in Farmers' Cubao. They sell those 1/4" pancake plugs, and then you can source the cables from Audiophile or other music stores (try your best to get something like Klotz, the others seem to have terrible handling noise i.e. when you move them around when plugged they make hissing noises).

ohhhh. nice!
San cya banda sir?
I mean, alam kong sa Cubao cya, I just don't know where exactly it is. Planning to go there next weekend  :-D
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, i'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it." - Darrell Lance Abbott