hulika

Author Topic: question on noise gate  (Read 1159 times)

Offline zyehj

• Forum Fanatic
question on noise gate
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:34:11 AM »
its my first time to use noise gate

is there a delayed response if you use the noise gate?
or i got a defective one?
**(noise gate used in clean tone)

please post din how to properly use the noise gate thanks masters

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: question on noise gate
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
its my first time to use noise gate

is there a delayed response if you use the noise gate?
or i got a defective one?
**(noise gate used in clean tone)

please post din how to properly use the noise gate thanks masters

Delayed response?  :?  Or maybe the threshold is too high so  the signal can't pass through in a shorter period?  Noisegates normally have threshold, attack and release controls.  Higher threshold means that the guitar will not momentarily when it sees a  higher noise floor.  Faster Attack times make the gate respond faster, and faster release times make the gate respond faster.

Offline zyehj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:02:43 AM »
Delayed response?  :?  Or maybe the threshold is too high so  the signal can't pass through in a shorter period?  Noisegates normally have threshold, attack and release controls.  Higher threshold means that the guitar will not momentarily when it sees a  higher noise floor.  Faster Attack times make the gate respond faster, and faster release times make the gate respond faster.

forgot to mention sir nka zero ung attack and decay and sense level is 9oclock
tpos pag nrelease ko ung diin ko fret n ccut ung sound

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »
forgot to mention sir nka zero ung attack and decay and sense level is 9oclock
tpos pag nrelease ko ung diin ko fret n ccut ung sound

Boston ba yan? masabi ko lng tangal nga hum pero cut namn nya sustain ng tunog once nagbago ng ilaw putol na yung sustain nya which is pag play ka namn tlga wlang hum... experience ko lang yun
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline parirami

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
if boston noise gate mo pareho tayo ng problema before, kinakain kasi ng gate yung sustains mo pag maagang nagsasarado yung gate, try increasing decay and don't cut it early. ALternatively try to be sure if thats really the pedal you need, baka yung hum mo is from gain pedals or your PSU.
Parirami's M13 Settings Page
http://sites.google.com/site/parirami/

Offline zyehj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:55:17 PM »
thank you sir
ill let you know kung anu nangyari pero wla nman defect ung nbili kong noise gate?

Offline parirami

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »
Hindi defective yan, it's really how it cuts the signal (hence gate) Yung second knob nya is a limiter (parang opposite ng compressor) to down the loud sounds so everything is limited... you can use that too to temper other sounds (wag mo i-todo magiging swell yan) pero from experience it's the sensitivity (4th knob) ang may pinaka noticeable effect since it can cut the signal too early or too late.
Parirami's M13 Settings Page
http://sites.google.com/site/parirami/