hulika

Author Topic: The Stratocaster Thread  (Read 1186807 times)

Offline caloyburger

Re: The Stratocaster Thread
« Reply #5300 on: December 03, 2014, 04:25:36 PM »
mga sir, tanong lang, bumili ako last week ng first strat. wala ba talagang tone control ang middle pick up ng american special hss? ano ang no load circuit?

sa american special lang ang walang tone control sa middle pickup. in other words wide open siya. it has no capacitor attached to the pickup to influence its tone (no load). it has a greasebucket circuit which is only connected to the bridge and neck pickups. how do i know? i got one too and its also referenced on the spec sheet of the fender website. great guitar though. congrats sa new strat!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5301 on: December 03, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
need help.

may nakapagpalit na ba ng F tuners to Klusons? I'm curious if after doing so kung makikita sa likod ng headstock yung previous screwholes from the F tuners.

Thanks!

Ang alam ko ps makikita yung holes.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5302 on: December 05, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »
I'm a one eared musician, and yes I do exist.

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5303 on: December 06, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Scored an 80's Aria Pro Strat today, sobrang mura lang mehehe. May strat na ulit ako <3 , though di pa ko naka move on nung binenta ko yung G&L ko. :(

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5304 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Scored an 80's Aria Pro Strat today, sobrang mura lang mehehe. May strat na ulit ako <3 , though di pa ko naka move on nung binenta ko yung G&L ko. :(

mas di ako makamove on na hindi ako yung nakabili. </3
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline denden009

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5305 on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »

mas di ako makamove on na hindi ako yung nakabili. </3

Abangan natin baka ibenta rin ni SRV haha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5306 on: December 10, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
Abangan natin baka ibenta rin ni SRV haha

malamang di niya ibebenta yun sa presyo mo :( sobrang steal nun nung time na yun sigh...

Offline dtmateo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5307 on: December 12, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
Got my first ever Strat. It's "just" a Squier classic vibe but the 60th anniv in aztec gold finish. Was deciding on this over the MIM standards and found the squier to be much better built. Strange that this squier was a bit more expensive than the MIM fenders. Anyway the rounded neck feels different coming from a Les Paul. I find it easier to do chords and arpeggios with this Strat.
Melody over speed anytime!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5308 on: December 12, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Got my first ever Strat. It's "just" a Squier classic vibe but the 60th anniv in aztec gold finish. Was deciding on this over the MIM standards and found the squier to be much better built. Strange that this squier was a bit more expensive than the MIM fenders. Anyway the rounded neck feels different coming from a Les Paul. I find it easier to do chords and arpeggios with this Strat.

well, the CV Series are great guitars. and yes, I agree, IMHO, the CV Squiers are a tad better than the Fender MIMs in terms of build, well, most of the ones I tried so far.

congrats on your strat sir!

Offline dtmateo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5309 on: December 17, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »

well, the CV Series are great guitars. and yes, I agree, IMHO, the CV Squiers are a tad better than the Fender MIMs in terms of build, well, most of the ones I tried so far.

congrats on your strat sir!

Thanks. I only wish it has 22 frets. When you play a lot of E songs, 22 is a must. I like the vintage Kluson tuners as well. They are much more stable and smoother than the ones in my expensive gold top Gibson LP. Been looking at tremolo block "upgrades" but all the videos I've watched sounded like the steel and brass solid blocks are duller compared to the stock crappy (trebly) zinc blocks. I've read it's got Toneriders pickups so I will leave it stock for the time being. For the price and quality, I can't complain. The aztec gold finish makes it look more expensive than it really is. :-D
Melody over speed anytime!

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5310 on: December 17, 2014, 08:46:14 AM »
steel blocks should improve the sound of the strat. problem is sometimes it goes way beyond and sound becomes overly bright.

however, if its a perfect match, the guitar should sound clear, much more defined, more sustain, stronger presence.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5311 on: December 17, 2014, 03:03:34 PM »
My recent HK visit. at Tom Lee in Tsim Sha Tsui.

the Fender Custom shop section.

That guy got himself that Black '63 Custom shop light relic tele. sounded solid and weighs really light.

Custom shop strats and a couple of teles

I loved the finish on this particular '62 custom shop strat.
This sounded good and I did really like the feel of the neck but really wasn't able to give it that much attention since I was pressed for time.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:12:56 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5312 on: December 22, 2014, 04:24:03 AM »
Is it true that the saddle height screw hex size and thread for MIM are different than those of US strats?
I'm planning to replace all six since, kinain na ng kalawang yung hex slots
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:40:53 AM by tam_guitar »
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5313 on: December 22, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
Hi mga sir. I have a greco strat, it says that it is made 1984 based on the serial number. I absolutely love it. Installed with Texmex pickups. Problema ko high output yung texmex, so kapag mag drive stacking ako nagfefeedback talaga. Paano ba maiiwasan yun? If ever, I'm planning to change it into Fender Noiseless pups. Hehehe.

OT: If you're going to price it how much would it be? Hehehe di ko na alam pricing eh kasi galing sya sa trade. Somebody told me na around 13-15k? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk

"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline my_betrayals

« Reply #5314 on: December 23, 2014, 01:01:24 AM »
Gandang gabi.  Mkikipost po.. Anung wood kaya to mga sir? at ano magandang pang DIY na ipaint dito, yung transparent sana paa kita yung parang nabasa na design ng kahoy..

Salamat sa mga sasagot :). Stripped kasi yung paint nung mapunta sakin yung strat. Yung neck nya made in usa from 1993.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:31:08 PM by my_betrayals »

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5315 on: December 24, 2014, 06:35:03 AM »
May nakasubok na ba dito ng Wilkinson tremolo bridge to replace the vintage style bridge of a Fender Strat MIM?
Kamusta performance? Sakto ba yung 6 screws?
There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5316 on: December 24, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
Gandang gabi.  Mkikipost po.. Anung wood kaya to mga sir? at ano magandang pang DIY na ipaint dito, yung transparent sana paa kita yung parang nabasa na design ng kahoy..

Quilted maple ata 'to bro.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5317 on: December 25, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »
Is it true that the saddle height screw hex size and thread for MIM are different than those of US strats?
I'm planning to replace all six since, kinain na ng kalawang yung hex slots

https://snapguide.com/guides/remove-rust-with-coca-cola/

Offline hahaha!

« Reply #5318 on: December 26, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
sa mga strat adiks, patulong naman ako imodel out tong strat na binigay sakin ng lolo ko, AFAIK walang MIA standard strat na pearloid and pickguard? and yung tuners kasi nito iba sa nakikita kong american standard strat di to pantay-pantay. and also nung dinala ko kay mang max to sabi nya swerte ko daw na meron ako nito and 1st time nya nakaencounter ng ganon na strat( kasi tinanong ko yung model) di din kasi alam ng lolo ko yung mga model ng strat e

ito pics

ito sabi sa guitar dater:

Guitar Info
Your guitar was made at the
Corona Plant (Fender), USA
in the Year(s): 2002 - 2003

Fender: Corona
Corona factory was opened in 1985, Corona California, with major guitar production starting in 1987. With the addition of a custom shop in 1987 the plant currently employs about 700 workers. Apart from general and Custom Shop Fender instruments and amplifiers, it also encompasses Guild acoustic & electric guitars.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:41:48 PM by hahaha! »

Offline hahaha!

« Reply #5319 on: December 26, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »
sa mga strat adiks, patulong naman ako imodel out tong strat na binigay sakin ng lolo ko, AFAIK walang MIA standard strat na pearloid and pickguard? and yung tuners kasi nito iba sa nakikita kong american standard strat di to pantay-pantay. and also nung dinala ko kay mang max to sabi nya swerte ko daw na meron ako nito and 1st time nya nakaencounter ng ganon na strat( kasi tinanong ko yung model) di din kasi alam ng lolo ko yung mga model ng strat e

ito pics

Guitar Info

Corona factory was opened in 1985, Corona California, with major guitar production starting in 1987. With the addition of a custom shop in 1987 the plant currently employs about 700 workers. Apart from general and Custom Shop Fender instruments and amplifiers, it also encompasses Guild acoustic & electric guitars.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:41:19 PM by hahaha! »

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5320 on: December 27, 2014, 08:01:55 PM »

ito pics

Guitar Info

as i can see, para siyang U.S standard na minodify yung pickguard, early 2000's model siguro ito. San ba nakuha ng lolo mo to? Brand new ba to nung makuha niya? O hindi? Pero infairness, maganda siya, same as mine, kaso di nga lang pearloid pickguard.

Offline hahaha!

« Reply #5321 on: December 29, 2014, 12:04:11 AM »
as i can see, para siyang U.S standard na minodify yung pickguard, early 2000's model siguro ito. San ba nakuha ng lolo mo to? Brand new ba to nung makuha niya? O hindi? Pero infairness, maganda siya, same as mine, kaso di nga lang pearloid pickguard.

sa canada nabili ng lolo ko bro, brand new and all stock sya e

Offline dirtybluesplayer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5322 on: December 29, 2014, 12:54:04 AM »
sa canada nabili ng lolo ko bro, brand new and all stock sya e
kelan niya binili? Early 2000's? Kasi kung brandnew nga yan nakuha, medyo kaduda-duda yung pickguard, pero pede din natin sabihing american deluxe, or binili siya almost brandnew pero changed na yung pickguard.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #5323 on: December 29, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »
kelan niya binili? Early 2000's? Kasi kung brandnew nga yan nakuha, medyo kaduda-duda yung pickguard, pero pede din natin sabihing american deluxe, or binili siya almost brandnew pero changed na yung pickguard.

+1 to the above. other than that, it seems legit naman paps. ganda pa!

Offline hahaha!

« Reply #5324 on: December 29, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »

yes bro, brandnew talaga and stock sya lahat. dinala ko din to sa main office ng yupangco to authenticate sabi nila legit naman daw nung tinanong ko model di daw nila masasagot  :eek: