hulika

Author Topic: Phil is in Phils  (Read 1775 times)

Offline philthemusic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Phil is in Phils
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »
Hello everyone... my name is Phil....I was a professional musician at 13 years old.... I am from the UK and getting on a bit..54 years gone by..... but over the years I have worked for record companies and production companies in UK and in Germany....I have written a bucket load of songs ( some are crap ) but most are published through SLEEPING GIANT MUSIC and BMG in London.....so I have a bit of a good track record and numerous connections back in UK... old friends and enermies too...
I have been away from music for a while but work has brought me to Philippines and I seem to have more spare time than I thought I would have so I started looking at the music scene ( once a musician always a musician )....
Not sure exactly what I am hoping to find here...but wanted to get to know a few people and check out the music scene here...
Would love to hear from any writers production guys etc.... just to get the feel of what is happening here in Phils
Please feel free to get in touch....Take care everyone.....its a tough career we chose....

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Phil is in Phils
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
Hi there Phil,
Welcome to Philmusic. Please feel free to browse the topics.

BTW: Wow! a professional musician at the age of 13, you must have tons of experience and lessons that wanna share with us here.
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
Wow :) please post some links of your songs for us to enjoy :)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »
Welcome to Philmusic, Phil! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Yep... tough career, but we do it because we love it.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline philthemusic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
Thanks guys for getting back to me.....  Like I said I don't know what I am getting into here....
I do have a fair bit of experience I guess... started life as a drummer..toured as support for bands like Duran Duran... and played lots of sessions... then a friend of mine who was also a drummer said it would be good if we could tour together...so I made a move onto keyboards.... we always had a piano in the house so I could play enough to do that.... I always intended to get back on drums but for some reason life did not give me the chance.... I then started recording and became good enough to get jobs producing for some record companies and I am responsible for a lot of digital remastering of old records onto CD when CD's first came out....  I then moved to france to build a business and a recording studio..... that was 12 years ago.... the business did well and took over my life... and music got left behind......so I am just dipping my feet in the water again and it feels nice....

You are right we do this career cos we love it and for me even though I was no longer doing it.... I always felt I was more of a musician than a business man....its in the blood..

I am in Manila and its great to see so many live bands playing everywhere...you just don't see that in London anymore... I think to cut costs down most restaurants have opted for a DJ or back ground music..... sometimes a singer with backing tapes.... where as here and in most of Asia the people really appreciate live music of all standards.... and I have to say that the standard of musicianship amongst the Filipino/Filipina's seems pretty high.... that's good to see....

I was in Hong Kong and in the airport after you have gone through passport and at the gate area they have bands playing in the restaurants.... that amazed me....and free wifi... ( in London airports you pay 60php for 10 mins of wifi )  The west is so backwards sometimes.....

Anyway I am interested to know what you guys do.... I will post a link to some songs later.... they are a  little dated now sort of 90's boy band stuff etc.... but hey all cards on the table...
Speak soon and have good gigs

Phil

Offline deadstars

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:08:38 PM »
Welcome, Phil!

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 02:56:25 PM »
welcome to the forums phil!  :)
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc