hulika

Author Topic: Weeping Demon vs Dunlop Crybaby vs Morley Wah vs Vox vs Hellbabe  (Read 33354 times)

Offline weeping_demon

Boss V-Wah

A Modeling Wah Pedal
With the new V-Wah, BOSS has taken its considerable Digital modeling know-how and recreated some of the most popular wah pedal sounds of all time. These COSM models include "CBY-Wah" (the classic wah sound), "VO-Wah" (the British wah sound), "MO-Wah" (a popular new-school wah sound), and "Uni-V" (a vintage swirling rotary effect). Each of these is a stunning simulation of the original, quickly accessed with the turn of a knob.

Advanced New Features
Digital memories and infrared sensors aren't the first things that come to mind when you think about wah pedals, but that's exactly what sets the V-Wah apart. Thanks to its infrared sensors, this pedal offers smooth, noise-free operation, has no "click" sound when it's turned on. And it never needs to be cleaned or have parts replaced. Once you've tweaked your wah sound to perfection using the "Type," "Wah Range," and "Drive" knobs, simply save it to one of the PW-10's three digital memories for instant recall with the heel pedal switch.

Onboard Overdrive
Since many of the best wah sounds include a healthy dose of overdrive, the V-Wah includes eight different types of built-in overdrive. These include BOSS classics like the OD-1 OverDrive, OD-2 Turbo OverDrive, MT-2 Metal Zone, DS-1 distortion, BD-2 Blues OverDrive, as well as "Muff Fuzz," "Guv Dist" and "Booster" modes. Just dial in the amount you want with the "Drive" knob.

"Talking" Wah Sounds and More
The V-Wah's "Voice" mode can produce a wide variety of "talking" wah sounds. It just sweep the pedal through the different vowel sounds and make this pedal talk! Rounded out with an "Advanced" mode with a huge Filter range, and a "Bass" mode designed for the frequencies of bass guitar, there's never been a wah pedal quite like this.

New "Double Resonance" Mode
The PW-10 doesn't just do wah; it also creates Analog synth-like sounds via a newly developed "Double Resonance" mode. Simply use the pedal to sweep the filter and get fat synth sounds by adding the PW-10's onboard distortion or fuzz. You can also use Modulation Effects like Delay, chorus and Reverb for an even greater variety of cool synth sounds.
Ibanez RG2570E VSL + DiMarzio X2N
Ibanez SZ320 BK
BBE Sonic Stomp Hughes & Kettner Warp Factor Boss MT-2 DOD FX50-B Overdrive Plus Zoom GFX 707-II Marshall Valvestate 8080 Jim Dunlop Jazz III Elixir Nanoweb Elixir Polyweb

Offline Targa_midbass

• Veteran Member
vox wah pa din ako. panalo ang sweep, malagkit, at pasok kahit sa distortion. i compared a vox v847 and a crybaby gcb 95, mas nagccut thru yung wah effect ng vox kesa sa crybaby. haven't tried a BH and a WD7 though. mukhang ok din siguro yung mga yun. gusto ko yung auto on/off feature.
greg yung na-A/B mo ba na vox tsaka gcb-95 parehong stock un-modded?
paano mapipigil ang isang damdamin
kung ang sinisigaw, ikaw ang lahat sa ahakin!

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
Vox wah rawks! :-D

Offline weeping_demon

wait, guys, has anyone tried the boss v-wah? ano comments nyo on that one as opposed to the choices you guys gave? :-D mukhang magandang alternative din kasi yun eh hehe

the specs to follow nalang hehe

Yup, i was able to try that wah pedal last week at guitar center, it sucks big time. all the different settings...bitin yung wah, emulate a vox, crybaby...not even close. don't waste your money on this, get the real thing instead.

Ah i see :-D thanks for the tip! i was seriously thinking of getting one as opposed to a weeping demon.. buti nalang... hehehe :-D
Ibanez RG2570E VSL + DiMarzio X2N
Ibanez SZ320 BK
BBE Sonic Stomp Hughes & Kettner Warp Factor Boss MT-2 DOD FX50-B Overdrive Plus Zoom GFX 707-II Marshall Valvestate 8080 Jim Dunlop Jazz III Elixir Nanoweb Elixir Polyweb

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
Salamat ng marami sa lahat ng mga nagbigay ng kanilang comments, suggestions and reviews! :-D

@ shadowm00n
blues/rock po ang tugutan ko. Pero i'd like to do some experimentation.hehe Kaya gusto ko sana  a versatile wah (pwedeng pang blues,hardrock)
Yung sa setup ko naman, I'm still in the process of completing it pa  :evil:
(those with brackets are to be bought pa)... habang naghihintay, RP300 lang muna ginagamit ko.hehe
Guitar-->[Volume pedal]-->[WaWah]-->[EQ]-->[TS-9]-->Boss MD-2-->Boss TR-2-->Boss PH-3-->[Smart gate]-->[DigiDelay]-->[Verbzilla]

@nuno
Thanks po sir Nuno very helpful po yung review ninyo.  Actually yung pivotal point dn nung morley mejo kinakabahan din ako...iniisip ko din kc mukang madaling ma loose tread ata yung part na yun. Na experience nyo na po ba ito?

hindi na loose tread yung bhorsie ko, mga 5 or 6 years abused na siya sa akin and it works perfectly, no scratchiness.  :lol:

that means maingat ka sa gamit mo mico at ako barubal hehehe!  :lol:

)

Chonggo sira!!!! i didn't mean it that way. :-D :-D :-D barubal din ako sa gamit, matibay lang yung bad horsie, baka dennis...you got big feet??? :lol: :lol: :lol: joke joke joke.

yah i got a big pair! so that means malaki rin yung  TU TOOOT ko hehehe!  :lol:

hehehe. off topic, ano palit mo sa fulltone mo?

balik sa topic, have you guys tried the fulltone wah, snarlings dog wah (dami models)

I got a jt valveboy but dang! the FD2 and the vboy sounds good when cascaded!

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
bad horsie  :evil:

very very bad....... :evil:

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
anybody here tried the dunlop slash wah? sa mga gitarista sa US, baka na try nyo na...reviews naman po...thanks... 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
and also tech21's killer wail!!!  :evil:

Offline banned

• Philmusicus Noobitus
meron n bang slash wah s jb music??

kung wla sn nmn pwd mkhnp?

Offline edgarthewalrus

meron n bang slash wah s jb music??

kung wla sn nmn pwd mkhnp?
ewan ko lang kung meron pang dunlop wahs sa jb kasi meron na silang morley. pumunta ako ng raon stagepoint, omg, almost complete ang dunlop wahs nila! dimebag, slash, zakk, 535q di ko tinignan yung iba kasi baka matukso ako. di ko na rin tinanong yung price dahil lalo akong matutukso haha

anyways, i got myself a bad horsie but the next day, i went back to the store and exchange it with power wah. mas masaya ako sa power wah hehe
http://www.hyneriamosssoundscape.wordpress.com
SOLD ITEMS TO foresight, yearling, dread_head, reggaenursenikew, ramnem, child309, dom_pag0ng
BOUGHT ITEMS harkanie27,userzeroone, morphine

Offline banned

• Philmusicus Noobitus
gs2 ko tlga ung wah sound nung kay slash kea hinahanap ko ung dunlop slash crybaby

anung wah model b ang pwdng gayahin ang sound n un??khit ndi gayang gaya bsta malapit lng

dun s sound...

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
actually you can achieve that with most wah's as long as you can have it modded properly  :wink:

Offline banned

• Philmusicus Noobitus
ah ok..

s mga nkkita n ng slash wah d2 s pinas can you tell me the price pls..

Offline gjuanengo

• Veteran Member
Im surprised you people havent knocked on MGD inc. THEYRE ON SALE!

9500 for the slash
Get Wylde.

Offline pelipeplips

Im surprised you people havent knocked on MGD inc. THEYRE ON SALE!

9500 for the slash

ano po yang MGD inc? :-D
Soundclick page.
Epiphone EM2 Rebel->Pignose 7-100 Amp->Boss DS1->Boston EQ100->Boss Pitch Shifter PS5->Mimicman Analog Delay

Offline enceladus19

uhm.. singit lng.. have anyone here tried the snarling dog wahs?.. reviews naman po.. kc i thought na pwede sha maging alternative kc sa lazer lng nabibili..

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
any body got a slash wah??? reviews naman... 8-) 8-) 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline mawts_gwaps

i've had several crybabies pero id choose the snarling dogs whine-o-wah over them.

sobrang ok ang sound quality tsaka diverse yung tones, i'd recommend it over a 535q anytime

yun nga lang, nasira yung gain knob nung sakin tapos walang kaya mag-ayos dito sa pinas (dun sa mga na-try ko na)

so now i've lost hope and babalik nako sa crybaby..

hassle lang talaga mehn..
"OUIDO", hindi "WIDOW"

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
and also tech21's killer wail!!!  :evil:

Uy ganda nito.... dba la nang ganito? meron b jan nakakaalam kung san pa meron? :-)

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
any comments sa fulltone clyde wah (standard and deluxe) mga sirs? Ok rin daw ito... sooo confusing hehe  :?
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.

Offline embot

• Veteran Member
any comments sa fulltone clyde wah (standard and deluxe) mga sirs? Ok rin daw ito... sooo confusing hehe  :?
I've been using a fulltone clyde deluxe for about 2 years now.  Bago yun Cry Baby.  The deluxe clyde is much more musical, very expressive.  Its also versatile.  You can adjust the wah to emphasize certain frequency ranges.  I think you can do the same frequency adjustment with the Cry Baby 535Q but the Fulltone is much more sweeter.  Here is picture of my set up.

Offline pelipeplips

Wow sir, mukang promising yang fulltone clyde ah! :-D available kaya yan dito sa pinas? mga magkano kaya ang prize nyan dito? :-D
wala kc akong makita sa musiciansfriend na site.

Soundclick page.
Epiphone EM2 Rebel->Pignose 7-100 Amp->Boss DS1->Boston EQ100->Boss Pitch Shifter PS5->Mimicman Analog Delay

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
si stellar nagbebenta. 14k ung deluxe. 12 yata yung standard

Offline Filippo

• Philmusicus Addictus
is the difference between the two really worth the diff in price?

sana nasa states lang tayo.... 265 dollars clyde deluxe na.... mga 11,200 lang sana  :cry:

Anyone who can compare the fulltone clyde deluxe or standard to a budda wah? ok rin daw to ... confused again hahaha RMC i heard is great too but no one carries RMC here e.... too bad
We're all just caretakers. And some better than others.