hulika

Author Topic: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!  (Read 86849 times)

Offline blitheringidiot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Razorback's Origin...and on-going saga!
« Reply #325 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:02 AM »
the new album "three minutes of glory" will be release this November '09,
the world has turned and left me here that's where i was before you've there..

Offline Carlo Romero

« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »

Finally! :-)

Offline dyames

« Reply #327 on: November 06, 2009, 01:33:26 AM »

Will definitely grab a copy of this one!  :lol:
Successful transactions with:
Raikidoodles | obetski | Kyle Travers | rockchops_14 |  pusanghapon

Offline solicitor_general02

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #328 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »
nice! tagal ko na inaantay pagbabalik nila. rock and roll!  :mrgreen:
“the first thing we do, is kill all the lawyers” SHAKESPEARE

Offline dyames

« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:15 AM »
any news about razorback's new album?
Successful transactions with:
Raikidoodles | obetski | Kyle Travers | rockchops_14 |  pusanghapon

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #330 on: November 16, 2009, 01:54:42 PM »

Came here to ask the same question. Hehe. Any news people?
LF: Mojo

Offline blitheringidiot

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
Came here to ask the same question. Hehe. Any news people?

till now wala pang date yung release ng three minutes of glory..check out their facebook account for more updates
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/razorbackmusic?ref=ts

ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY PO SA MAGITING NA DRUMMER NG BOARS!!!  :-D
the world has turned and left me here that's where i was before you've there..

Offline aleck_p

« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »

Hi! Some news about Razorback album no. 5 - THREE MINUTES OF GLORY

due to a series of delays, there is no definite date yet for album 5. All I can say from now is this:

1) it is a concept album
2) 8 tracks recorded, but not yet mixed, more tracks up for recording pa
3) new single is the album's namesake, THREE MINUTES OF GLORY!
   it was no. 1 at RJ UR 105.9 FM just this month. You can also hear it at NU 107
4) for a live sampling of the album, go to this link:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B8FB9D0BE58D6E67

Pls. share at this thread your views on album 5 \m/

Offline aleck_p

Razorback Unplugged: HELE NG SIYUDAD
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2009, 09:26:11 PM »
Abangan... Ang ikalawang yugto, Razorback unplugged "HELE NG SIYUDAD"

Ang mga detalye ay nasa susunod na kabanata...

Offline aleck_p

Razorback Album # 5 : 2010
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2009, 12:58:13 AM »
Definitely 2010. But exact date of release to be announced ...

Hi! Some news about Razorback album no. 5 - THREE MINUTES OF GLORY

due to a series of delays, there is no definite date yet for album 5. All I can say from now is this:

1) it is a concept album
2) 8 tracks recorded, but not yet mixed, more tracks up for recording pa
3) new single is the album's namesake, THREE MINUTES OF GLORY!
   it was no. 1 at RJ UR 105.9 FM just this month. You can also hear it at NU 107
4) for a live sampling of the album, go to this link:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B8FB9D0BE58D6E67

Pls. share at this thread your views on album 5 \m/

Offline aleck_p

Razorback Unplugged: HELE NG HIGHWAY, ang Ikalawang Yugto!
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2009, 01:02:01 AM »
Join us for the second chapter of the Razorback Unpluggeed "Hele - serye" on Dec. 12, 2009 at 19 East Bar, Sucat!

With special guest, JOHNOY AND KAKOY!

Gates open at 9 pm. Tickets at P300 each will be sold at the gate. For more info, listen to Jam 88.3 \m/

Poster coming soon.... see you there!

Offline thunder_god

• Veteran Member
« Reply #336 on: April 08, 2010, 02:30:53 AM »
What happened to these guys after the gig in Music Museum and the Black Xmas project with the Wolfpack? Any updates?  :?
"I tend to punish my gear so I like the angry Z Customs, while the classic A compliments the destruction."

Offline aleck_p

RAZORBACK'S LATEST GIGS (as of July 15 2010)
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »
Rollin'... 2010

July 23- HANDLE BAR, POLARIS ST., BEL-AIR MAKATI (long set, free entrance)

Aug 7 - SAN MIG PUB, Alabang Town Center Muntinlupa (with Enemies of Saturn)

cheers

Offline aleck_p

« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
What happened to these guys after the gig in Music Museum and the Black Xmas project with the Wolfpack? Any updates?  :?

Lots.... look for RAZORBACKMUSIC at facebook. We shall try to update Philmusic.com regularly (note to self)

new album ... they are working on it. release date not yet determined. Razorback though gave album no. 5 a name, THREE MINUTES OF GLORY. They have released 2 singles from this new opus, THREE MINUTES OF GLORY (Nov 2010), and DAAN-DAANG DAHILAN (2007).

Razorback will also be celebrating their 20th ANNIVERSARY this year. Stay tuned for updates

and currently, they will have gigs at this locations and dates:

JULY 23 (FRI) - HANDLE BAR, Polaris St. Bel-Air Makati (FREE ENTRANCE)

AUG 7 (SAT) - SAN MIG PUB, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa (w/ Enemies of Saturn)

Hope to see ya at the gigs!

Offline aleck_p

Re: Razorback Album # 5 : 2010
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »
Definitely 2010. But exact date of release to be announced ...

Update: No date set for release of Three Minutes of Glory. Razorback is still workin' on the album. To get a feel/ sample of songs from this much awaited album , GO TO THE RAZORBACK GIGS. They have played some of the tracks live.

8-)

Offline crossfire

« Reply #340 on: July 30, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »
OK. 1st (?) RSVP TV Appearance. It was our first year playing in Kalye bar and we started getting noticed by the press. “Who are these white kids playing rock n’ roll in a club on weekends?” We didn’t give a crap about our public image and we didn’t care about what other “coño” kids thought. For most of them it was really weird that we would delve into this kind of lifestyle. They always knew we were rockers but to actually start a band that was not happy to stay in the garage or college campuses was too hard for some to swallow and so we then learned whom our “real” fiends were.

I got a call from a good friend of mine, Billy Bonnevie who is one of the head honcho’s of Pinikpikan today, and he told me that Channel 7 was interested in getting the day’s new young bands to come on a variety show hosted by Dawn Z. and Ariel Ureta. We were game from the beginning. The line-up of Razorback then consisted of all us guys minus Kevin. We had the brilliant idea of stuffing our pants with socks so when we came out on screen we would have the biggest crotches! It was all a big joke to us but when we arrived at the studio Josemari was already there sitting spread legged with the most enormous crotch and all the gay beauticians and PA’s kept walking by and checking him out with shocked expressions on their faces! Mwahaha!  :lol:  He thought we all meant to do it so it became an inside joke and he decided to tough it up and stick it out rather than remove it and get discovered as a fake.

Most of the bands that night played cover songs since no one had recordings or singles for that matter. Bazurak, fronted by Ritchie Recto, played a Red Hot Chili Peppers song and he was having a hard time with the lyrics so after rehearsal he wrote them on his arm. While hanging around and getting ready I had gone into the bathroom and there was Bazurak hovering around their bass player, trying to shave his head into a Mohawk. They were having a bitch of a time doing it as he had so much hair. I suggested we buzz it first then start shaving with a razor. His head had numerous poknats after the process from them running a razor straight through and being really rough at it. Tito Fritz Infante, the director of the show, was so pissed at them for doing that. “Que feo!” How ugly! He kept saying. They went on and performed their Chili Peppers song with Ritchie staring at his forearm for the lyrics the entire time! That bass player is none other than Nathan “Satan”  :twisted:  Azarcon who went on to become one of the best and most notorious bass players around with Rivermaya, Kapatid and today with Bamboo.

Razorback played a song called “Burning Tree” by a band of the same name which no one knew. They had one album under Epic Records which to my knowledge was never followed up. Their drummer, Doni Gray, is actually Doni Castello, a Filipino by birth. His brother Titong did a stint in the local movie scene back in the Pinas. We played a lot of Burning Tree cause it was hard rockin' and most folks had never heard that stuff so they just thought they were our songs.  8-[
So there we are kickin’ it on stage in front of all those lights and cameras. Dave was a chubby little kid…Louie had very short hair and did not look like “Cousin It” yet…Tirso was already in glamour mode complete with cowboy boots…I was about 260 pounds heavy (TABA) with my hair tied in a pony tail…and Josemari had his stuffed crotch! Whattaband! Needless to say, we got invited to perform on the show twice more before it got cancelled in the mid-90’s.
Hi Sir migs, I agree with you Burning Tree rocks hard, just wanna ask where can I find a copy of their debut album? and also some lyrics..
Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:28:04 PM by crossfire »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:51 PM »
wow.  reading this thread brings back memories...   :-D

i was about 15 when i first heard razorback on LA 105.9..."tabi ng bulkan", demo version.  several months later i was a freshman at DLSU (aka "Showband U" during my time there in the mid-to-late '90s) and saw razorback for the first time, with the youth as co-headliner and a la salle band who called themselves "except wendy".  november '94 yan, to the best of my recollection.  sixteen years old, sitting by myself in the william hall ampitheater because none of my blockmates appreciated good rock music...

up for this thread!  sir migs, post ka pa ng mga "war stories" from the early days...   :-D
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline crossfire

« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »
are majority of the boars came from La Salle?

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
are majority of the boars came from La Salle?

yup.  miguel, dave and tirso are from LSGH.  AFAIK si miguel at tirso nag-aral sa DLSU while dave was on home study when he reached college age...mga time yan ng hebigat sounds.  someone correct me if i'm wrong.  what i do know is that brian attended CSB, and he'd hang out with us every once in a while...my friends around that time were regularly opening for razorback at the old club dredd...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline crossfire

« Reply #344 on: August 03, 2010, 07:19:23 PM »
yup.  miguel, dave and tirso are from LSGH.  AFAIK si miguel at tirso nag-aral sa DLSU while dave was on home study when he reached college age...mga time yan ng hebigat sounds.  someone correct me if i'm wrong.  what i do know is that brian attended CSB, and he'd hang out with us every once in a while...my friends around that time were regularly opening for razorback at the old club dredd...
How about Kev and Louie? I've also seen Brian at CSB also. Some of my friends also spotted Dave at DLSU.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
Just some plugging for my favorite clients:

Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline aleck_p

Razorback 20th Anniversary Manila Gig - OCT 8, 19 East Sucat
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:59 PM »
Razorback will celebrate 2 decades in one night of rock n' roll. Join us in a rock trip from Hebigat Sounds vol. 1 to Three Minutes of Glory. October 8. Friday. 19 East Bar and Grill, Km. 19 East Service Road of South Super Highway, Sucat, Muntinlupa. Gates open at 9 PM. Tickets at P350 each will be available at 19 East on event night. Thank you for supporting our cause - rock n' roll!

Offline aleck_p

Razorback & Greyhoundz Singapore Gig - OCT 10, Top5 Orchard Towers
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »
This is one of the gigs of the Razorback 20th Anniversary celebration
(OCT 2010)!

RHAPSODY 2010 (featuring us, Greyhoundz and other bands)

Tix S$ 45 are on sale now all SingPost outlets, AXS, SAM kiosk and Substation Box Office. Log-on to www.GATECRASH.com.sg or call ticket hotline +65 6100 2005.

For futher details, visit www.linvanproductions.com /upcoming event.

Offline djonathan

« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
back in 96 0r 97...ican really remember. we played battle of the bands in isabela. razorback was the judge. we palyed hiway star and nib. we were kids and we couldnt play.but enderd up getting first place. hahaha. i asked them to sign my tape cover. brian wrote on miguels picture saying...this is not me but thanx.  grin last year i was drinking with my friends sa shaw when i saw kevin in a chefs uniform.nag aaral pala sya.sa global culinary arts. tabi ng bahay namin. i came up to him and asked pde pa pic. he said taga isabela ka diba?ikaw si hiway star? i almost wet myself. i still have my hebigats album. i sold all of my tapes here and kept hebigats.
kung yung item mo kaya ang baratin ko hindi ka kaya mainis?

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2010, 06:45:52 AM »
Razorback XX (The 20th Anniversary Show)

Time              Friday, October 8 at 9:00pm

Location   19 East Bar and Grill
                       Km. 19 East Service Road, Sucat, Muntinlupa

We celebrate 2 decades in one night of rock n' roll. Join us in a rock trip from Hebigat Sounds vol. 1 to Three Minutes of Glory. Featuring a special acoustic set by Johnoy Danao.

Mark the date - October 8. Friday. Music Hall of 19 East Bar and Grill, Km. 19 East Service Road of South Super Highway ( if you're comin' from Manila -before Sucat exit).

Tickets at P350 each will be available at 19 East on event night starting 8 pm.