hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 345103 times)

Offline tim_cada

Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2008, 10:35:10 PM »
ang galing noh. ano kaya kung magdrop out nalang din ako sa nursing. hehehehehe

hahaha.. magiging magaling kang self-taught nurse?
Thank God for music..
LF: Fender Frontman 25r

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2008, 03:41:05 AM »
ok, initial reactions to the jm strat since I haven't found the time for a proper photo shoot...

MISMO mga dudes. I love it to bits. It's definitely worth all the hard work and sacrifices I put in to get it.

I know tone is relative to the player so of course, these are just my own opinions...

The sound's awesome. I have a Fender strat plus 40th anniv release which is one of my babies and the JM strat wins over it big time. The sound is fuller, the tone is thick and warm, and even playing with it unplugged is something else. i definitely can say it's because of the big dipper pups as I've got lace gold's on my other strat. It's really something else. the quack I'm looking for is right on... It's actually the tone I'm after and I'm so blessed to finally be able to own my dream guitar and get the tone I was searching for in it.  If God put a dream in your head, it means you'll get it :-D

Offline kimBuhain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »
im not sure if the answer to your question is here:

nice interview! one thing i like about john mayer is he is very poetic!

Offline andrton

• Veteran Member
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
ok, initial reactions to the jm strat since I haven't found the time for a proper photo shoot...

MISMO mga dudes. I love it to bits. It's definitely worth all the hard work and sacrifices I put in to get it.

I know tone is relative to the player so of course, these are just my own opinions...

The sound's awesome. I have a Fender strat plus 40th anniv release which is one of my babies and the JM strat wins over it big time. The sound is fuller, the tone is thick and warm, and even playing with it unplugged is something else. i definitely can say it's because of the big dipper pups as I've got lace gold's on my other strat. It's really something else. the quack I'm looking for is right on... It's actually the tone I'm after and I'm so blessed to finally be able to own my dream guitar and get the tone I was searching for in it.  If God put a dream in your head, it means you'll get it :-D

oooohhh...pictures, pictures please!  :-D

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »

:-o

nakakaingit...
*sob*...sana ako din magkarun..

Offline .bong.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2008, 04:34:03 PM »
John Mayer= magaling na gitarista/ musikero. Isa rin sa mga idolo ko  :-)

Mabuhay ang THE GRAVITY CLUB!  :-D

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:36:00 PM by .bong. »
.bong.

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »
Whos this guy John Mayer anyway? This thread is useless...

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »

:-(

why would it be useless naman. we're just discussing a musician we like. if di mo siya kilala or you don't have to read this thread...

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
:-(

why would it be useless naman. we're just discussing a musician we like. if di mo siya kilala or you don't have to read this thread...

Haha Got Ya!

I love this thread man. I only got back to Philmusic because I always wanted to check back on this thread every now and then.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
Haha Got Ya!

I love this thread man. I only got back to Philmusic because I always wanted to check back on this thread every now and then.

ay nako captainbackfire sasapokin kita..hahahahha joke..

nung nabasa ko reply mo nabadtrip talaga ako. kasi i'm a die-hard fan of JM talaga.. that was a nice joke hahahahaha

Offline consequence

• Veteran Member
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2008, 11:41:04 PM »
two thumbs up for any given thursday :-D
My dear we're slow dancing in a burning room.

Offline the_jj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2008, 01:07:44 AM »

Haha. I knew you were kidding. :) Username mo palang is a giveaway that you're a JM Fan.
My Own Epic Drama, My Own Scripted Page

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2008, 07:11:02 AM »
Wanna see John Mayer Shred and dive-squeal with an Ibby?

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2008, 07:12:41 AM »

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »
^^^^^

ABA!!!!

anyway, maiba tayo kapitan hehe I've read in my other thread you're after the JM tone, what're you doin now to somehow get it? Maybe you can share with the JM guys here sa thread. did you get some of his pedals din? hehehe share na! amp no? aminin! hehe

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2008, 07:22:10 AM »
Well I get a Joe Satriani Guitar as in the picture above then get a wang wang friendly JSX amp.

hihihi

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »
And onto another topic I'd like to add...

i've been tryin do the whole thumb-for-the-bass-string chords that he does and it's either I'm doing it the wrong way or my hand is too small... I'm thinking it may be his advantage of having big hands/long fingers... boo! it's either I get to play the top notes nicely but miss the bass string or hit the bass string but have a hard time hitting the top notes. hehe ako lang ba?

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2008, 07:27:24 AM »
Yeah, he's definitely got a huge advantage there. I think you could practice it away. I have a friend whos like 5'2 and has small hands but plays finger style really good with only his thumb and pointing finger.

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2008, 07:31:37 AM »
^^^^^

ABA!!!!

anyway, maiba tayo kapitan hehe I've read in my other thread you're after the JM tone, what're you doin now to somehow get it? Maybe you can share with the JM guys here sa thread. did you get some of his pedals din? hehehe share na! amp no? aminin! hehe

He uses Two Rock amps which are basically top of the line crafted amps based on the dumble. Im not sure, I just want to say that the main thing that makes his tone is the amp. When it comes to Two Rocks, I just dont know. Thats why I'm going for his AGT era tone wherein he mainly used his Super Reverb. Remember John Mayer is a "Guitar - Amp" guy. As for the overdrive, its a whole new thing to discover after you've got your first tube amp. Basically any [gooey brown stuff] overdrive CAN work well on a good tube amp.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2008, 07:42:08 AM »
He uses Two Rock amps which are basically top of the line crafted amps based on the dumble. Im not sure, I just want to say that the main thing that makes his tone is the amp. When it comes to Two Rocks, I just dont know. Thats why I'm going for his AGT era tone wherein he mainly used his Super Reverb. Remember John Mayer is a "Guitar - Amp" guy. As for the overdrive, its a whole new thing to discover after you've got your first tube amp. Basically any [gooey brown stuff] overdrive CAN work well on a good tube amp.

sorry bro, ano yung AGT?

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »
Any Given Thursday DVD

What particular tone of Jm do you like?

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
Any Given Thursday DVD

What particular tone of Jm do you like?

AHHHHH!!! hahaha yun pala...

Well, I haven't really thought about it but I guess from continuum and his trio where he plays the blues na.

Offline captainbackfire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2008, 08:10:58 AM »
AHHHHH!!! hahaha yun pala...

Well, I haven't really thought about it but I guess from continuum and his trio where he plays the blues na.

Yeah maybe his tone change which is somewhat parallel with his twist-of-fate blues career did something about getting the older ones to notice him. I like the balladeer tone he always had though. So I'm not gunning for a Two Rock unless I win money or something.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »
A pre-owned Two Rock can be affordable... or at least significantly cheaper than a brand new one.  You can find classics, customs, Rubys, Emmies, etc. that are in the 2K+ range.

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
And onto another topic I'd like to add...

i've been tryin do the whole thumb-for-the-bass-string chords that he does and it's either I'm doing it the wrong way or my hand is too small... I'm thinking it may be his advantage of having big hands/long fingers... boo! it's either I get to play the top notes nicely but miss the bass string or hit the bass string but have a hard time hitting the top notes. hehe ako lang ba?

un ba ung kunwari ur doing barre chords and you use the thumb to fret the top string? it took me ages to learn that..try mo hanapen "the hurt" and "sucker". gandang challenge sa thumb un if you're not sanay yet,