hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 345070 times)

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #400 on: May 02, 2008, 12:09:09 AM »
Ayos to mga Mayer-ist! Cover ng Jimi Hendrix's The Wind Cries Mary.

John is the man!

feature=related

Offline soundslikebryan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #401 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:15 AM »
I will see JM again on his tour with Colbet Callait. woohoo!!!
Bakit hindi ka pwedeng mapuyat sa umaga?

http://www.myspace.com/bryanjason  http://twitter.com/bryanjason

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: May 02, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »

how about 3/F katipunan? last time ko pumunta dun ok e. fits about 20 people ata. very cozy and exclusive pero maliit lang. di tayo makakapag full band dun i think.

no tim, that is just right.. you know anyone from there?

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: May 02, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
count me in sa "the club"
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: May 02, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »
count me in sa "the club"

uy may newbie tayo guys..
wellcome to philmusic and to the gravity club sir skrumian..

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #405 on: May 02, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
^^ thanks. sobrang fan ako ni JM. poppish pero blues. in na in khit kanino. marami pang magkakacrush sayo kapag tumugtog ka nito. yeah bah!!!
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #406 on: May 02, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »
hey SKRUMIAN, welcome the Gravity Club! we'll be eyeballing soon. we're just fifuring out a venue..

enjoy!

Offline lin0cruz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #407 on: May 02, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
do any of you guys know how to get the bluesy john mayer sound aside from his guitar. like the sound he used in he's song GRAVITY ? .. is it the bluesbreaker 2 pedal  ? or the bluesdriver pedal ? that makes it ??

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #408 on: May 02, 2008, 09:48:36 PM »
do any of you guys know how to get the bluesy john mayer sound aside from his guitar. like the sound he used in he's song GRAVITY ? .. is it the bluesbreaker 2 pedal  ? or the bluesdriver pedal ? that makes it ??

there was a gear discussion a few pages back. nakapost dun ang rig ni john mayer... thanks ulit sir nong!

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: May 03, 2008, 03:26:37 AM »

i normally just use the number 4 switch neck+mid then put a mild drive on it. Gamit ko pa nito lace sensors lang so medyo iba talaga yung sound compared to low output pups but it gets really close naman. Or kahit strat lang then I guess a tube amp with proper breaking of the sound into crunch would also do it kung rekta ang usapan.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #410 on: May 03, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »

suggestions would be ...use your neck pickup, kung tipong texas specials mas ok. kasi doon based ang nasa signature strat ni JM...his strat on the "any given thursday" dvd is actually a SRV strat, with a different pickguard.

get 10s, i read at guitar player that's what he uses. d'addarios xl 10s. that was 2-3 yrs ago..he could be using something different now.

for amps... two rock ang gamit nya, JM signature ang gamit which is not manufactured any more...i could be wrong. but two rocks are boutique amps sort of based on dumble amps.

JM actually was trying to approach alexander dumble to have an amp made...mr dumble simply didn't care much for celebrities like JM...you can imagine this would affect mr mayer.

so nag two rock na lang sya. this from a close friend of alexander dumble.

dahil di natin afford mag dumble or two rock amps....closes thing you could go would be a zendrive or a clone...zendrive by hermida audio is very close to being dumbly....think robben ford, carlton ish.

but for JM's tone, kunin mo yung mid scoop nya na tunog....adjust the highs and lows to your liking, but keep the mids low...this is compensated by JM's big dipper pups.....which are based on texas specials but with dip in the mids.

i find that i can get pretty close with a ts808, cascading with a ts9dx...all stock. get the round sound by being delicate with the pick, also try using your fingers
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #411 on: May 03, 2008, 07:21:02 PM »
suggestions would be ...use your neck pickup, kung tipong texas specials mas ok. kasi doon based ang nasa signature strat ni JM...his strat on the "any given thursday" dvd is actually a SRV strat, with a different pickguard.

get 10s, i read at guitar player that's what he uses. d'addarios xl 10s. that was 2-3 yrs ago..he could be using something different now.

for amps... two rock ang gamit nya, JM signature ang gamit which is not manufactured any more...i could be wrong. but two rocks are boutique amps sort of based on dumble amps.

JM actually was trying to approach alexander dumble to have an amp made...mr dumble simply didn't care much for celebrities like JM...you can imagine this would affect mr mayer.

so nag two rock na lang sya. this from a close friend of alexander dumble.

dahil di natin afford mag dumble or two rock amps....closes thing you could go would be a zendrive or a clone...zendrive by hermida audio is very close to being dumbly....think robben ford, carlton ish.

but for JM's tone, kunin mo yung mid scoop nya na tunog....adjust the highs and lows to your liking, but keep the mids low...this is compensated by JM's big dipper pups.....which are based on texas specials but with dip in the mids.

i find that i can get pretty close with a ts808, cascading with a ts9dx...all stock. get the round sound by being delicate with the pick, also try using your fingers

+1 sir
get the round sound by being delicate with the pick, also try using your fingers

o nga pla sir blues2death just saw ur site and btracks..bluesy tlga, hehe
\"I use it to give Him back the favor He gave me\"

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #412 on: May 03, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
very well said... kudos!

Offline theow

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »
lakas tama ng bold as love, ganda version ni JM
\"I use it to give Him back the favor He gave me\"

Offline tim_cada

« Reply #414 on: May 05, 2008, 12:57:48 AM »
no tim, that is just right.. you know anyone from there?

uhmm... i know a guy who knows a guy.. hehe 8-) cno na nakapunta dun? cge ill contact my barkada, ill let you know asap. we can try lang :-D
Thank God for music..
LF: Fender Frontman 25r

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #415 on: May 05, 2008, 07:16:16 AM »
thanks Tim! when it's ok, well set an EB na..

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »
+1 sir
get the round sound by being delicate with the pick, also try using your fingers

o nga pla sir blues2death just saw ur site and btracks..bluesy tlga, hehe

ei theow...ika nga ni aya...don't call me ser, ser. :-D

glad you liked the tracks.. those were from 2-3 yrs ago, kailangan nang ma-update.

guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #417 on: May 05, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure almost all of you have watched "Any Given Thursday" as much as I do. Anyway, do you think the guitarist at the right of John Mayer is actually a Filipino? I heard last March the name Michael Chaves on the News and he reported to the media that he is a Filipino and have worked with known artists such as Mayer and Mandy Moore.  :?

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #418 on: May 06, 2008, 03:03:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure almost all of you have watched "Any Given Thursday" as much as I do. Anyway, do you think the guitarist at the right of John Mayer is actually a Filipino? I heard last March the name Michael Chaves on the News and he reported to the media that he is a Filipino and have worked with known artists such as Mayer and Mandy Moore.  :?

yup he is bro. I've seen his website and saw some articles on him online confiming he is  :-D

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2008, 07:42:16 PM »
so guys, may venuw na kayo nkita?

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
I think my favorite Mayer song is "The Heart of Life" -- maybe because it's acoustic and sounds rootsy.  I just learned to play/sing it today. Yehey!

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=418756&content=songinfo&songID=6532735

guys if you have time. comment naman sa tone nung guitar.:) i need your views. I just shifted last afternoon from gauge 11 to 12. Grabe! Ang kapal ang hirap ibend. I hope kayanin ko in the long run. Pero baka balik akong 10's sa susunod. Nalilimit yung nagagawa ko eh. Hehehe. For finger strenght development lang.

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #422 on: May 10, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
I think my favorite Mayer song is "The Heart of Life" -- maybe because it's acoustic and sounds rootsy.  I just learned to play/sing it today. Yehey!
sir delta:

Oooh! That's one of my favorites too! The first time i heard the song, kinapa ko na agad after.
It's kinda confusing yung strum pattern niya sa umpisa . Pero when you get it, same nalang lahat.:)

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #423 on: May 10, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »
yup he is bro. I've seen his website and saw some articles on him online confiming he is  :-D

mabuhay ang pinoy! :-D
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=418756&content=songinfo&songID=6532735

guys if you have time. comment naman sa tone nung guitar.:) i need your views. I just shifted last afternoon from gauge 11 to 12. Grabe! Ang kapal ang hirap ibend. I hope kayanin ko in the long run. Pero baka balik akong 10's sa susunod. Nalilimit yung nagagawa ko eh. Hehehe. For finger strenght development lang.

nice volume swells... sounds a bit SRV... bro, paano mo nabalance yung spring and string tension? nagdagdag ka ba ng spring?

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »
I have no idea how SRV and JM manage to get their guitars to have gauge 13 strings...siguro special ung necks ng guitars nila. i brought my guitar to jun castro and he could only make it to 11's kahet 5 spring na...hahahha