hulika

Author Topic: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer  (Read 347034 times)

Offline the_jj

• Forum Fanatic
Re: THE GRAVITY CLUB - Followers of John Mayer
« Reply #575 on: August 12, 2008, 05:39:58 AM »
@ the_Nong

great design,sir! i like the second one better.
My Own Epic Drama, My Own Scripted Page

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #576 on: August 12, 2008, 11:19:06 AM »
nasa LA ako maxi. so di ko alam kung meron na kayong dvd dyan...

ah ok!  sorry bro..might as well check out for myself. :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline yeyeh

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #577 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
ikaw talga the nong,kaw talga ang inspirasyon dito!salamat sa magagandang nakakakilabot din na salita.next time,kitakits at togs lang!mabuhay ka nong!minsan date tayo.hehehehe

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #579 on: August 13, 2008, 04:36:49 PM »
san ka nakahanap?

SM bacoor brod...
<

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #580 on: August 14, 2008, 01:53:07 PM »
ikaw talga the nong,kaw talga ang inspirasyon dito!salamat sa magagandang nakakakilabot din na salita.next time,kitakits at togs lang!mabuhay ka nong!minsan date tayo.hehehehe

OT:
hahahaha! rakendablus!!
it is rare to see bands perform like this. so i really thought i should commend bands as such. next gig! medyo may amats nako nun kaya may mga sablay.. hehehehe...

RE: shirts
sige lang just post ung mga gusto para maka head count ako kung ilan pagagawa at ano majority na gustong design..

mabuhay ang club, mabuhay philmusic, mabuhay si JM, mabuhay ang blues!!

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #581 on: August 14, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
SM bacoor brod...

anong record store bro?  manila/makati area kasi ako...that store may have branches here. :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline mikerock

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #582 on: August 14, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »
anong record store bro?  manila/makati area kasi ako...that store may have branches here. :-)

sa SM Bacoor MUSIC dept. store ako nakakita mga bro, unfortunately wala ko derbs that time. DVD cost php475  (if im not mistaken). basta wala pang 500. siguro meron na din yan sa iba.
<

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #583 on: August 14, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »
sa SM Bacoor MUSIC dept. store ako nakakita mga bro, unfortunately wala ko derbs that time. DVD cost php475  (if im not mistaken). basta wala pang 500. siguro meron na din yan sa iba.

ayuz! tenx men. cge hanap ako

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #584 on: August 23, 2008, 07:01:20 AM »
Hi gravity club!

just want to share this jem of a vid from msn. It's the track I don't trust myself with loving you live on concert. Anyone know what effects they use for the riffs? I thought they used a keyboard for that horn like sound but it appears that they used guitars! it's real ear candy to me :)

vid
http://search.msn.com/video/results.aspx?q=john+mayer+i+dont+trust+myself&docid=2463617581628&FORM=VIVR

Offline yjuangab

• Netizen Level
« Reply #585 on: August 23, 2008, 08:45:06 AM »
fan of john mayer too..galeng2 nya sa blues..magaling din na son writer :-D
previous deals(shipping):
Mahineman, Xelly,vin12, numeroh_unoh,poundcake, musikerochan, dabomb,prescripto,jamesroy,dyugi(itchyworms),r_chino18, :mau,chris005,kilimmanjaro,PLESIM,prince22,sheepsmellslikeseashells, haxo55, mr. pentatonic, spankyrigor,halo88

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #586 on: August 23, 2008, 09:08:49 AM »
just want to share this jem of a vid from msn. It's the track I don't trust myself with loving you live on concert. Anyone know what effects they use for the riffs? I thought they used a keyboard for that horn like sound but it appears that they used guitars! it's real ear candy to me :)

grecoslave! that's actually from the concert dvd. as far as the effects, parang moog ang gamit nya e...nakagamit ako nito once, they have a similar 'effect'. kaya siguro i-duplicate ng moog, but i won't be surprised kung mali ako.. :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline lawrence

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #587 on: August 23, 2008, 09:45:45 AM »
Nakabili na din ako sa wakas ng DVD :) hehehe! Saya!:D 475 nga! Sulit na sulit!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #588 on: August 23, 2008, 10:33:29 AM »
fan of john mayer too..galeng2 nya sa blues..magaling din na son writer :-D

welcome to the club bro.. he's a good bluesman talaga.. i second to that, not the best though pero kakaiba parin. if not, clapton would not collab with him diba? hehehehe..

feel fre to post links, pics, etc about johnny if you have something to share..

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #589 on: August 23, 2008, 03:54:56 PM »
here's something i saw from a mayermanila subscriber:

John Mayer and His Dad
As they celebrate their birthdays, the Mayer men talk about milestones, music and raising a star.

On Oct. 16, musician John Mayer treated his father, Richard, retired high school principal and sometime pianist, to the joint birthday bash of a lifetime (see box). Just before the party started, the pair sat down with PEOPLE'S Mark Dagostino for a father-son chat.

So how does it feel to share two big birthdays?
Richard: I used to think 80 was old. Now I know it is. [They both laugh.]
John: There's a line in [my song] "Stop This Train" that says, "You turn 68, you renegotiate." And that number is wrong, because it's poetic license to rhyme. But I really did say to my dad one day, "If I could make it to 50 I'll be happy." And he looked at me as if he had already thought of this before, and he said, "Trust me. When you make it to 50, you'll want to renegotiate."

Was the house always filled with music when John was growing up?
R: I sat at the piano and fiddled around.
J: It's a really big part of my childhood- the smell of dinner cooking and the sound of [Dad playing] an old-time song.
R: They were all old-time songs.
J: My dad has these great, sinewy, veiny hands. I remember watching him playing and going, "I want those hands." Now I have them!

What did you think of John becoming a musician?
R: My experience in music was everybody had a job. We were teachers, plumbers, and on the weekends we'd play. So it boiled down to saying, "John, you have to have a Plan B." And John said, "I don't have a Plan B. This is it." Trying to get him "within the lines," as you say [he nods to John]- I failed and he won. And he was right.

John, what do you admire about your Dad?
J: My father is the most upstanding man I've ever met. He's not the kidn of guy who says, "Don't cash that for a week." He wouldn't have written the check if he couldn't cash it. He's never ventured something that he couldn't complete.

And you're not that way?
J: No! I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts. Really. The music world allows it, art allows it. That's where I wish I was more like my father.

Do you remember John's first time onstage?
J: I do. It was a pretten talent night in Westport, CT. I was cocky. I made posters for my performance. I got on stage and the nerves hit so hard that a couple of my fingers just wouldn't move. It was remarkably bad.
R: I wouldn't say that. But do you remember in Back to the Future when [Michael J Fox] played "Johnny B. Goode"? And the people jsut sat there and looked with their mouths open because they couldn't get what he was doing? That's pretty much what happened.

What's it like to watch John perform now?
R: Sometimes I don't look at John when he's on the stage. I look at the audience and I see their faces, and the happiness there, and I think, "GOd, John's doing that. He's making people happy."
J: That's going to make me cry.

Has fame changed your son?
R: I see shots of John on TV coming out of a restaurant completely surrounded by click-click-click, "John, John, John!" How can anybody stay normal under those conditions? I wouldn't! But when he comes home he's just one of the boys.
J: Well, I gotta say - I feel like I have a really good compass. And that's all my parents.

John's known as a ladies' man - where you back in the day?
R: No! I was scared of girls.

As a dad, what's the best part of your son's success?
R: I'm just happy for him. Really. People say, "Are your proud of him?" I'm happy for him - knowing that he did it on his own. Against my better judgment, although I did not do anything to stop him.
J: And when my kid comes in the room and says he wants to be a musician, I'm going to throttle him!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:57:15 PM by the_Nong »

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #590 on: August 23, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
2008 Gear Pics

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ujWj4QJYo5I/SKtA9sXgvjI/AAAAAAAANoA/9Jh0nGPCcgs/s1600-h/4.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ujWj4QJYo5I/SKs_7PDDBRI/AAAAAAAANmo/2zRJqU8nfTA/s1600-h/23.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ujWj4QJYo5I/SKtANbFluvI/AAAAAAAANmw/h5lL6CTky1I/s1600-h/14.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ujWj4QJYo5I/SKs_6HhKtHI/AAAAAAAANmI/sleOz0p1vz4/s1600-h/19.jpg

Keeley Katana, MXR 10-Band EQ, Way Huge Aqua Puss, Korg G4 Rotary Simulator, old Echoplex, Adrenalinn I and II, Cornish Duplex (SS3 and G2??), original Marshall Bluesbreaker, 2 Ibanez TS10s, EHX POG, and EHX Micro Synth, and a Boss Digital Delay (I'd guess an Analogman or Keeley DD2).

the ts10s were said to be owned by SRV.

Offline brandey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #591 on: August 23, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
wow tnx for this post :-) tagal ko na naghahanap ng updated gears ni idol e 8-)

di na pala sya gumagamit ng blues driver :-(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:48:45 PM by brandey »

Offline paul_sigua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #592 on: August 23, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »

paiba iba kasi siya ng gear. pero i've heard that satisfied na daw siya with his tone.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #593 on: August 23, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
meron din pala siyang MXR carbon copy paired with the TS808.. hehehe

btw.. nice guitars too..

here's an album:
http://flickr.com/photos/beesquare/2649042986/in/set-547486/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:07:40 AM by the_Nong »

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2008, 12:09:10 AM »
my all-time-favorite, battered relic! 

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:14:37 AM by the_Nong »

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »

hehe onga eh iba na. Kulit din how we follow the gear no? Ako the reason I bought my Replica and my Pedaltrain is because I saw it sa concert DVD and online hahahaha fan...

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #596 on: August 24, 2008, 05:09:47 AM »
grecoslave! that's actually from the concert dvd. as far as the effects, parang moog ang gamit nya e...nakagamit ako nito once, they have a similar 'effect'. kaya siguro i-duplicate ng moog, but i won't be surprised kung mali ako.. :-D

interesting! could you tell me more coz i don't have a clue as to what a moog is  :-P

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #597 on: August 24, 2008, 06:21:41 AM »
interesting! could you tell me more coz i don't have a clue as to what a moog is  :-P

If I may... Moog... brainchild of Bob Moog who passed away just recently. He's become one of the icons of electronic instruments with his superb Moog line of synthesizers. The Moog line also has bunch of effects ultra botik sa presyo! hehehe pretty awesome and kick ass. If I had the money, I'd get myself some moog fx pero wala pa hahaha I might be wrong but maybe it was an envelope filter type of moog effect. sorry bangag na eh hehe

Offline grecoslave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #598 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:06 AM »
If I may... Moog... brainchild of Bob Moog who passed away just recently. He's become one of the icons of electronic instruments with his superb Moog line of synthesizers. The Moog line also has bunch of effects ultra botik sa presyo! hehehe pretty awesome and kick ass. If I had the money, I'd get myself some moog fx pero wala pa hahaha I might be wrong but maybe it was an envelope filter type of moog effect. sorry bangag na eh hehe

Darn! that sounds pricey hehe. Hey concerning his rig tho, has john ever commented on les pauls? I don't think I've ever seen him even get near one!

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
wallpaper? right click/view image, right click/save image as...