hulika

Author Topic: TEDDY V.; JOEY RP; MENCHU & All That Pinoy JAZZ-GUITAR  (Read 11835 times)

Offline klause

Re: TEDDY VANO of Emil Mijares' Time Machine
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 08:04:11 AM »

We should start another thread here about you!

Thanks for sharing, Joey!

Yes!
Well, yeah.

Offline klause

Re: TEDDY VANO+ JOEY RP & All That Pinoy JAZZ-GUITAR
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
Hey danny

Since the thread is re-titled, it would be also good to mention the late Menchu Apostol. Though I have yet to hear Papa's Bag, his work in Zsa Zsa Padilla's 'Mambobola' is sheer beauty.
Well, yeah.

Offline dannygatton

• Veteran Member
Re: TEDDY VANO+ JOEY RP & All That Pinoy JAZZ-GUITAR
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »
Hey danny

Since the thread is re-titled, it would be also good to mention the late Menchu Apostol. Though I have yet to hear Papa's Bag, his work in Zsa Zsa Padilla's 'Mambobola' is sheer beauty.
Point taken. Sige...

Offline klause

Re: TEDDY V.; JOEY RP; MENCHU & All That Pinoy JAZZ-GUITAR
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »
Thought I'd bump something, should this be of interest to some of us here as life happens.

Two weeks ago we've finally rehearsed with Ding Silverio for the coming wedding gig on December 26. He brought his guitar synth set-up with him running through Kenny Loggins and Sting stuff.

Yolanda postponed his flight schedule twice, but by some relief - he arrived at Cafe Joint (where Gabe and I play) late on Friday evening. An impromptu set cropped up. Yet another surprise was still coming, as Bebbo Bhagwani (of Second Wind) was on the place with a friend. Of course he was called onstage for classic AOR numbers, and still showed solid groove despite semi hiatus into ministry (he mentioned he was pastoring a small church at the Tent).

Playing with original Side A members and Second Wind brings such a rush: Reelin in the Years,  Deacon Blues, Georgy Porgy, Blood Sweat and Tears hits, It's Probably Me, Seven Days and a whole lot sure opened the portals of West Coast heaven.

Well, yeah.

Offline dnme

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »
its nice to hear great stories from Teddy, ive had few memories with him before he passed in 1998. miss the dude terribly, specially its going to be his birthday next month.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4518868811747&l=50b957990e

Offline dannygatton

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 10:23:07 PM »
its nice to hear great stories from Teddy, ive had few memories with him before he passed in 1998. miss the dude terribly, specially its going to be his birthday next month.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4518868811747&l=50b957990e

Wow kool pics of Teddy.  I was seated at the front row at UPLB -- mesmerized by how Mijares and Teddy stretched and pushed their renditions of Return to Forever catalogue. May he rest in Christ's peace.   

Offline dnme

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 03:45:05 PM »
ive seen him play a few times in bohol, but only in a chapel which him and his brother built for their baranggay. sometimes he plays the keys. He still gets a lot of invitation to play on gigs, reunions, out of town/country tour with other fellow jazz maestro but apparently turns them down. i remember him saying, "..i usually dont get too carried away when playing, but this one is different, i love playing with the Maestro :).."

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »

Playing with original Side A members and Second Wind brings such a rush: Reelin in the Years,  Deacon Blues, Georgy Porgy, Blood Sweat and Tears hits, It's Probably Me, Seven Days and a whole lot sure opened the portals of West Coast heaven.

I am in awe...

Offline klause

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Same here. The other week we celebrated Gabe's ___th Birthday and got a local night of playing. he's back with the strats! I don't know though, he rarely brings the PRS's recently.

Dnme,

I can only imagine which RTF stuff they did.  Wow. Is it only with Boy K that Teddy recorded? Any other albums?
Well, yeah.