hulika

Author Topic: Squier Guitar Users Thread  (Read 164428 times)

Offline djonathan

Re: Squier Guitar Users Thread
« Reply #475 on: June 10, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
hahaha..thanx bro tanda na yang gitara kong yan 17 years to be exact
kung yung item mo kaya ang baratin ko hindi ka kaya mainis?

Offline Roller_Caster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »

It's Road Worn Strat!

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »
Pasali. Haven't taken time to post new shots. Saka nalang pag nagpalit na ako ng strings. I'll give this baby some much needed cleaning.  :-)

I really enjoy playing this guitar.

Offline MLV07

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #478 on: June 12, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
my one and only.. :-)

silver series- MIJ
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:31:22 PM by MLV07 »

Offline scofield

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #479 on: June 12, 2010, 05:10:02 PM »

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #480 on: June 12, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
my Squier Pro Tone MIK (ive so far cleaned the hardware down to chrome but it will still be going thru rehab - refret, bone nut, set up and possibly, 2 x humbuckers!)

Supposedly my first strat sana na ma-a-acquire (in Teal Green color)...kaso naunahan! :-D

I thank God he blessed me with Sen Ash and Lite Ash vintage strats, all one piece body :roll:

Going back, here are the Pro Tones :-o

Offline latooots

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #481 on: June 16, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
Ok, so i'm thinking of getting my first electric guitar.

I'm stuck between the choice of buying either a Squier Bullet strat or a Fernando Strat.

Which one is better for the money? Which one has more reliable performace and durability?

I've compared their builds/body/etc and can't quite make an absolute decision.

Or better yet, what are Squier Bullet series's strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks

Offline djonathan

« Reply #482 on: June 16, 2010, 05:34:34 PM »
my one and only.. :-)

silver series- MIJ

I want this guitar relic... Beautiful

Offline BOOGIE_79

« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:33 AM »

*sigh* i miss my telecustom tuloy.

im seeing a squier telecustom II being advertised in the classifieds. haven't really used an axe w/ p-90's before. how does the sound compare to humbuckers?

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2010, 02:06:59 PM »
My blacky:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:15:37 PM by LesBol »

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
Blacky with his brothers:

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #486 on: June 29, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
repost lang ulit.

i have been thinking putting a pickguard,. pero magmumukhang "glam guitar era" itsura  :lol:

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #487 on: July 12, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »
Napadaan akong Yupangco last saturday. ganda ng mga Squier guitars on display, plus there's a 0% 12/mo to pay promo, so I'm really tempted to get one.  had to revive this thread :-D.

tanong ko lang - which Squier series would you recommend that i focus on for best build quality?

salamat...
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline mongz_dakila

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #488 on: July 12, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »
^
maraming magandang review ang mga squier cv and looks awesome din.
pero pwede din yung mga deluxe strat na squier, ewan ko lang kung may ganun sa yupangco.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2010, 04:16:20 PM »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #490 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »
I found this sa net:

History of Squier Guitars

Squier is a second-line guitar company that sells low cost products akin to those of Fender Guitars, which was not always the case. Read History of Squier Guitars.

Squier’s trademark comes from the Squiers, an English immigrant family. The family’s first settler, Jerome Bonaparte Squier, built and repaired violins together with his son in Boston during the late 19th century. Victor Carroll Squire, Jerome’s son, eventually settled at Battle Creek, Michigan, where he founded his own string shop named V.C. Squier Company. The company’s first contact with Fender came in the 1950s, when Squier began making electric guitar strings for Fender’s first products.

- Fun Fact: When Fender bought out Squier Strings a few employee splintered off to form GHS Strings.

Squier stayed a string making firm until 1965, when it was acquired by Fender. After that, the name wasn’t heard of again until 17 years later when Fender resurrected the brand for selling cheaper alternatives to their Strats and Telecasters. Before Squier, Fender had sold budget guitar models under labels such as Fender Lead. However, these brands couldn’t compete with Japanese-made cheaper electric guitar alternatives and brands as the Fender budget-guitar factory was situated in California.

With the Squier models being manufactured in Japan, Squier quickly rose to prominence as a second-line guitar brand. The first models with the Squier inscription on the headstock were reproductions of Fender’s most famous guitars: the ‘57 and ‘62 Strats, ‘57 and ‘62 Precision Basses, and ‘52 Telecasters. These models were of very high quality and are very valuable in the eyes of guitar collectors still to this day.

In 1985, the next prominent Squier series was introduced – the Squier Standard Series. These guitars had a vintage touch to them, but had the features required in contemporary guitars. Still, non-pickguard models and models with a modern tremolo system were merely mirroring Fender’s own technological advancements.

The first innovative designs under the Squier moniker came only in the mid 2000s; previously, the only innovative designs presented in Squier were fusions of Fender’s guitar models. 2006 saw the release of the Hello Kitty guitar line, and a vintage line was released a year later. Both of these guitar lines had something completely new about them – the design of ‘Hello Kitty’ models, and the pickup and pickguard modifications of the vintage models.

Despite the lack of original products brought to the table, Squier guitars have been an inspiration for the younger generation, hence its motto, “Squier. Stop dreaming, start playing!” The affordable, yet quality instruments Squier offers, still help many beginning guitarists start their playing experience with prime medium-class guitar models

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #491 on: July 24, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »
@cayle
good post :wink:

Offline djonathan

« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2010, 11:47:31 AM »
repost lang ulit.

i have been thinking putting a pickguard,. pero magmumukhang "glam guitar era" itsura  :lol:

tagal ko na nag hahanap nito san mo nabili to bro?

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »

tagal ko na nag hahanap nito san mo nabili to bro?
nakuha ko lang sa trade ito bro, last 2 years sa philmusic maraming ganitong model naglabasan sa classifieds guitars. pero naun obsolete na ganitong model. pero may alternative naman sa ganitong model, washburn n1 or n2  :wink:

H4cks4w

« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
San ba pwedeng makabili, mura at saan madaming squire satin?  :-)

Offline BOOGIE_79

« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »
San ba pwedeng makabili, mura at saan madaming squire satin?  :-)

yupangco, so you can test the full line up.

H4cks4w

« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2010, 03:01:44 PM »
^^sana may hello kitty saka avril lavigne para sa anak ko heheha

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2010, 03:11:55 PM »
^^sana may hello kitty saka avril lavigne para sa anak ko heheha

last month merong Avril Lavigne sig tele sa Perfect Pitch South Mall.. also a Deryk Whibley..  :-)

H4cks4w

« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »
last month merong Avril Lavigne sig tele sa Perfect Pitch South Mall.. also a Deryk Whibley..  :-)

magkano ngayon sir? before 2 yrs ago nakakita ako sa megamall around 13k parang over priced noh??

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2010, 03:23:29 PM »
magkano ngayon sir? before 2 yrs ago nakakita ako sa megamall around 13k parang over priced noh??

halos ganyan parin yata bro.. naglalaro sa 13-15k.. kinda pricey if you ask me..  :lol: