hulika

Author Topic: do you guys believe in backmasking?  (Read 34645 times)

Offline llewor123

Re: do you guys believe in backmasking?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
paano po kung yung mismong backmask ay nasa lyrics na?  :-D

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 04:06:45 PM »
Hindi na backmasking yun.  Ang tawag dun propaganda.

Ang messages an nakatago sa signal ng tape, "subliminal messages."  It *may* be scientifically possible.

Backmasking in recorded music is a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward onto a track that is meant to be played forward.  Basically like what the Beatles used to do, and which can be replicated in certain delay pedals.  Any effect on the human mind by a signal played in reverse is questionable.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:09:38 PM by Stompbox »
Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline aria

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
sabi nga ni ely buendia circa 1994 ng ipalabas sa magandang gabi bayan ang tungkol sa backmasking :

"kahit anong kanta pag pinatugtog mo ng baligtad maggtutunog demonyo"

tama nga naman
sya din ba yung nagsabing ang hirap na nga raw gumawa ng kanta, iisipan mo pa nang kanta pabaligtad?

Offline mjpartinez

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »
when i was in highschool trinyk oi back mask yung record namin nung band ko tapos change the tempo a little bit ... i actually liked the result pero wala akong naintindihan and i tried to play the thing on my acoustic guitar bali reverse yung riff pati yung strumming  ehehhehhehe.. :-D i thin k its part of human behavior pero sabi sa mga psych class ko tsaka sa literature class ko ( lyrics are part of literature right?)  that we may be only hearing what we want to here.. naalala niyo ba minsan that napapakanta tayo sa kanta kahit hindi natin alam yung lyrics hehehhe..(misheard lyrics) :-D

Offline markv

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 09:25:18 AM »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 05:51:05 PM »
Goosebumps!!!  :evil:

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

IT'S FUN TO SMOKE MARIJUANA!!!  :mrgreen:
(queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" in reverse)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:52:13 PM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
Note: This backmasking is practically moot in this age of digital music.

This has been going on for so long. I did attend a "seminar" on this and in the end of it, I was asked to be "born again". I don't have anything against Christians, I am just saying what happened.

As a musician, I find it totally impossible to "compose" a backmasking phrase in a song. There is no technology available to imprint voices that can be heard in reverse.

And lastly, my brain is not that advance to listen to something backwards, think about it.  :lol:
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 09:11:57 AM »
As a musician, I find it totally impossible to "compose" a backmasking phrase in a song.

its actually so easy to that.

Have you seen videos of bands singing the entire song forward, with the video going backwards?

they learn how to sing the song in reverse by reciting the reverse phonetics.

so it is fairly easy to compose a song the other way around.

In the song "Milky Way" for Maskobado Groove that I recorded in our project studio, the guitar solo was learned in its reverse, was recorded reverse, then was flipped over so that labas nya parang backmasking ang guitar solo.

You can apply the same concept with vocals... and just about any other musical instrument as well.

"There is no technology available to imprint voices that can be heard in reverse. "

The technology is readily available everywhere... any DAW or audio editing software can easily insert a reversed recorded phrase into a song, even go as far as add melody to the phrase and make it match the backing track precisely to the pitch and blend.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:16:09 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2008, 09:29:27 PM »
its actually so easy to that.

Have you seen videos of bands singing the entire song forward, with the video going backwards?

they learn how to sing the song in reverse by reciting the reverse phonetics.

so it is fairly easy to compose a song the other way around.

In the song "Milky Way" for Maskobado Groove that I recorded in our project studio, the guitar solo was learned in its reverse, was recorded reverse, then was flipped over so that labas nya parang backmasking ang guitar solo.

You can apply the same concept with vocals... and just about any other musical instrument as well.

"There is no technology available to imprint voices that can be heard in reverse. "

The technology is readily available everywhere... any DAW or audio editing software can easily insert a reversed recorded phrase into a song, even go as far as add melody to the phrase and make it match the backing track precisely to the pitch and blend.

Thank you for correcting me about technology. Either I am slow in technology or showing my age. Hopefully, I want to be slow in showing my age.

Anyway, going back to main point about "backmasking". As you say, people do it now with music and words. I still think the "old" way of backmasking is a propaganda machine used by the fundamentalists.

Why? First of all, my brain doesn't think in reverse. I simply can't figure out words silently spoken backwards when I am hearing great music forwards.

Secondly, I have been listening to Stairway and Another bites the dust for more than 20 years (oops, showing my age again!). I don't use marijuana and don't intend to and I have never ever worshiped Satan (except when he is played by Harvey Keitel).
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
hindi siguro...pero gusto kong gumawa... :evil:

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
Thank you for correcting me about technology. Either I am slow in technology or showing my age. Hopefully, I want to be slow in showing my age.

Anyway, going back to main point about "backmasking". As you say, people do it now with music and words. I still think the "old" way of backmasking is a propaganda machine used by the fundamentalists.

Why? First of all, my brain doesn't think in reverse. I simply can't figure out words silently spoken backwards when I am hearing great music forwards.

Secondly, I have been listening to Stairway and Another bites the dust for more than 20 years (oops, showing my age again!). I don't use marijuana and don't intend to and I have never ever worshiped Satan (except when he is played by Harvey Keitel).

sorry I had to reply to your posts that way, was drunk when I was typing those wasnt meaning to be too harsh.

:| :|
This is a forum siggy.

Offline dudematters

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
amm ginawa ko to sa ehead cassette tape ko nasira lang! damn!
hindi naman totoo
wala kong napala! hahaha.. nasira pa yung copy ko
but digitally madali na gawin sa pc
basta you have the right software.. ung akin cakewalk guitar pro
en... nevertheless its still the same result.. wala naman talaga
Daily Revolver

Offline simon_divitico

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »
Share ko lang rin ito, may pagkamalinaw yung mga words kahit backamsked eh  :-)

Highway to Hell

Stairway to Heaven
feature=related

Tapos may ganito pa  :-D

Naintriga lang rin ako kaya nakadami ng nood sa youtube  :-D
FS EPIPHONE LESPAUL STANDARD MIK P15K http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=297667.0

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 09:34:20 PM »

wishing many have read the book of Jeff Godwin. I have read it and there's no reason for me not to believe it because the Artist themselves admitted it. before they released their albums, they undergo rituals, madami na nga ngayon hayagan na ang blasphemy, they are not hiding it anymore..

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »

no. because it's stupid. really.
Ows? Di nga?

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »

!anaujiram ekoms ot nuf sti  :-D
This is a forum siggy.

Offline James_Animagi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 11:33:06 PM »
sa tingin ko ung mga gumagawa ng backmasking or ung mga nakakarinig ng mga bad words kuno sa mga to mga walang magawa sa buhay sa hirap gumawa ng isang record maiisip mo pa mag loko ng ganito

Offline tiyowoy

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
Madaming backmasking issue sa mga kanta ng beatles. mga hidden message daw na nagbibigay ng clue na patay na si paul mccartney. simple lang yan, pinatugtog ng pabaliktad yung kanta, yung boses nagkaron ng katunog na salita na ginawang issue at sineryoso ng iba.

Wait, there's more! Check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead
I've seen a lot to know
That it's a sin not to know

Offline electronictokwa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »

no. because it's stupid. really.

Tumpak.

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:14 AM »
lahat ng kanta kahit mabuti lyrics pag binak mask mo masama lumalabas.... nabanggit yan sa church namin, ang kanta daw nirecord para pakinggan ng as is.. at hindi daw para baliktadin... may gumawa daw na binak-mask yung christian song... masama din daw lumabas eh... so kalokohan para sa akin yan.. although nakaka takot yung maririnig mo...
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »
nung pumutok yung issue ng backmasking sa eheads songs noon, bumili pa ako ng pirated tape(ayokong sirain yung orig tape ko eh) tapos 3 oras kong pinaghirapan para baligtarin yung lace yun pala wala din ako maintindihan...tsk tsk...
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 04:28:57 PM »
kaya ang ginawa ng eheads, yung first track nila sa fruitcake album, isang backmasked version ng final track. pakinggan ko nga mamaya baka sakaling masaniban ako ng demonyo. :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 07:48:03 AM »

there are songs naman na hindi na kailangan ang back masking kasi hayagan naman ang gusto nilang mensahe ipinararating.

Offline bianxraquel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »
No.

Offline ommantra

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 02:53:21 AM »
totoo yun,...yung stairways to heaven sinadya,..
tapos yung kanta ng cradle of filth na dinner at deviant's place pag binackmask mo,..our father na dasal ang kalalabasan,...tapo yung kanta rin ng beatles dati na sinadyang backmask ang pagrecord,..nakalimutan ko na ang title,..sinadya rin,...para sken yun ang tinatawag na experiment sa music,..hehehe,..depende nalang sau kung kikilabutan ka,...nasa conscious mind mo lang yun,...pero sa totoo wala namang evil,...or bad...neither good!!!hehehe