hulika

Author Topic: START your own recording studio for FREE (100% LEGIT method) FREE ProTools !  (Read 1623 times)

Offline savadious

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I am selling this for 0 pesos.

A newbie posted a few hours ago something that we do not agree with, however there may be members who are tempted by the offer. So I am giving philmusic members the 100% OFFICIAL and legit way to do it.

1. When we need a guitar or other live analog instrument  track recorded we call our friends and contacts to come to our studio (kahit maliit ng home studio) to record.

2. Sometimes we have an idea in our head that NEEDS to be recorded at that exact moment. If your violinist or trumpet player can not get to your studio then we lose our great ideas and inspiration.

3. VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS !!

Yes... we all 'KNOW' they do not sound real.. they sound robotic or fake.

NOT ANYMORE !!!

That was in the past... Today we have VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS that are so close to real that only serious experts can tell the difference.

Today we are able to play back instruments that have had every note recorded/sampled... some of them have over a dozen recordings for each note ! This means you can play middle C and get 10+ different sounds of middle C !!! (often determined by velocity of the note)

Anyhow... TRY IT YOURSELF !!!

Here I will provide you with the 100% OFFICIAL free software from a few of the top companies I know of.

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD WITH FREE STUDIO PRODUCTION TOOLS - however

PLEASE ONLY LIST FREEBIES FOR THE TOP NAMES (Yamaha, Native Instruments, Avid, Cubase, etc). There are hundreds of thousands of home made freebies that would only confuse members . . . if we stick to the TOP ECHELON and top brand names... it can be easier to swallow.

Package #1

First listen to this song that is 100% VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS ! Not 1 live instrument is in this recording ---> CLICK HERE <-----

That was created with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPLETE ULTIMATE
I purchased that locally from TMS, but you can FREELY DOWNLOAD a starter package from native instruments at:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/free/

Here you will find the following tool that was used to create the song above

You may ask - WHY DOES THE WEBSITE GIVE AWAY THE PRODUCT IF ITS IN A PACKAGE THAT SELLS FOR ALMOST 50k pesos !!??

Because the FREE product is locked to only play the LIMITED sounds included, but it can FULLY play any future "Komplete player" compatible sounds you purchase (some can be ordered for as low as 1k pesos !)

Much more than just synths - remember you can use a "Guitar library" and play almost anything you can dream of using ANY MIDI CONTROLLER and it will sound like a real guitar... or Saxophone, or violin...

This sounded too good even to my ears when I was first given this information (By one of the founders of our local BOUNCE music school). Eventually I tried it... and I have not been the same ever since....

... and my wallet is a lot lighter from so many ADDITIONAL sound library purchases...  :mrgreen:

For those who doubt guitar... here is an example of what you can do .. 100% VIRTUAL GUITARS... can actually drive a mosh pit...
NOTE: I find it almost impossible to shred guitar "synths" using a piano... it just does not FEEL right... so I have a secret that I will share with you...

USE A DRUMPAD TO TRIGGER ROCK GUITAR (I use Maschine Studio for this)

Here is an example Metal song made 100% in KOMPLETE (note the library used sells for about 3k peso, but I can pay a guitarist MINIMUM of 1k peso to perfect a song.... after 3 songs.. this library paid for itself !)

UNNAMED LIBRARY - as ANY guitar library can do the same.. (effects are processed USUALLY in GUITAR RIG - that is also FREE in the above official link)

CLICK HERE TO HEAR VIRTUAL GUITAR SHREDDING AND VIRTUAL DRUMS

NOTE: THESE ARE NOT LOOPS, each note has to be played individually on your midi controller... these are not LOOPS... this is REAL sounding music... created by a person sitting at a desk !

If there is SOMETHING you are looking for ... please reply to this thread... ANYTHING you want to hear... can usually be LEGALLY found for free

CATCH:
The demo players above WILL play ALL your purchased libraries as long as it says "kontakt PLAYER compatible" if it is not compatible with the FREE version the sounds simply pause after a few seconds... aka NAG SCREEN... now we have NAG-PAUSE  :-P

So, you also need recording SOFTWARE (aka DAW) well.. PRO TOOLS IS ALSO FREE !!! 100% FREE version - download it after release here :

http://apps.avid.com/protoolsfirst/?intcmp=AV-HP-S2

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 07:14:18 AM by savadious »

Offline choki choki

wOW this is impressive, much more if there is a video on how do you come up with all of these stuff.
Im also starting to write songs on my room using a DAW my guitar  and some virtual instruments,
I dont know how to play keys so i never tried using a midi controller (i used piano roll though)
 but i never get this kind of sound. Im really interested about this if it can really helps improves my songwriting.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:14:36 PM by choki choki »

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
wOW this is impressive, much more if there is a video on how do you come up with all of these stuff.
Im also starting to write songs on my room using a DAW my guitar  and some virtual instruments,
I dont know how to play keys so i never tried using a midi controller (i used piano roll though)
 but i never get this kind of sound. Im really interested about this if it can really helps improves my songwriting.

You SHOULD get a midi controller dude even if you're not keyboard player. It'll really open up a lot in your music making and ease in workflow. The mind works differently with one in front of you that if you relied on the piano roll.

Offline savadious

• Philmusicus Noobitus

Forgive the late reply.

Here is an example of playing a KONTAKT guitar live using only a regular USB or MIDI keyboard (There are many FREE guitar libraries out there for this)

http://youtu.be/NngIgPmi6cw

Here is a demo from the NAMM 2015 convention that shows you a little of how a part of Kontakt works...

17 minute video... http://youtu.be/eawCRuu1vAo

NOTE: No need to spend thousands of pesos on Kontakt na rin... some low priced libraries actually work with no time limit in the FREE kontakt player !
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:31:38 AM by savadious »

Offline geevz

• Philmusicus Noobitus
you rock. thanks for this

Offline savadious

• Philmusicus Noobitus
you rock. thanks for this

My pleasure.

While waiting for the NEW and FREE ProTools version to be released - you can use the FREE DAW called REAPER.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK ----- > CLICK HERE <----

Product information Page ----> INFORMATION <-----

Compatible with ALL software/plugins previously mentioned in this thread.

FULL SUPPORT and instruction manuals included even in the FREE version ---> http://reaper.fm/userguide.php

This VST plugin compatible DAW simply gives you a 'nag screen' to purchase after 60 days (as seen below), but it is 100% functional with EVERY feature enabled.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:49:35 AM by savadious »

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Thanks for sharing TS!  8-)
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc