hulika

Author Topic: Tele Love  (Read 1031428 times)

Offline patchu7382

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Tele Love
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 04:31:03 PM »
ayos! tele topic!! i used to own 2 strats, les paul. nagtry na rin ng high end strat pero iba nga tong telecaster... traded my 1985 squier strat from toybitz to a black MIJ silver series na tele. naka SD pickup pa... ayos talaga!! ngayon gusto ko siyang pa set-up to have the best sound possible... since may tele topic na binuo, anong magandang set-up? anong gauge ang pinaka maganda sa tele? give suggestions guys! thanks! GANDA NG TUNOG TALAGA NG TELE!!! BASTUSAN NA!!! hehe!
Quit Work, Make Music.

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 05:23:20 PM »

You can check out TELECASTER.COM for everything on telecaster set up to pickups to anything under the sun. It is a great place to start. 

A lot of people believe that the Telecaster to have that authetic tele tone should have more or less the vintage specs. Meaning Ash body, Maple Neck, Steel Bridgeplate and Brass Saddles, and I guess vintage low output pickups.

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »

bastos na tele yann ha pero love ko pa rin yan hehehehe :mrgreen:

dali mo tsong.  a tele always gets me into a rude mood! :-D

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 08:37:15 PM »

You can check out TELECASTER.COM for everything on telecaster set up to pickups to anything under the sun. It is a great place to start. 

A lot of people believe that the Telecaster to have that authetic tele tone should have more or less the vintage specs. Meaning Ash body, Maple Neck, Steel Bridgeplate and Brass Saddles, and I guess vintage low output pickups.

tanong lang. diba generally ang output ng tele pickup sa bridge is a lot louder than your average strat? diba galing sa lap steel yung pickup na yan?

:-D

can't wait to see my tele! woohoo. micsis is doing a great job at giving it a makeover! in fact after he's done i'm gonna let him enjoy it for a while before i get it back.

if you ask me about the string gauges, get the thickest that you can handle. or anything slightly thicker than your typical shred guitar. it'll make you fight the guitar a bit more. maririnig yung effort mo when using the tele.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 08:55:48 AM »
tanong lang. diba generally ang output ng tele pickup sa bridge is a lot louder than your average strat? diba galing sa lap steel yung pickup na yan?

:-D

can't wait to see my tele! woohoo. micsis is doing a great job at giving it a makeover! in fact after he's done i'm gonna let him enjoy it for a while before i get it back.

if you ask me about the string gauges, get the thickest that you can handle. or anything slightly thicker than your typical shred guitar. it'll make you fight the guitar a bit more. maririnig yung effort mo when using the tele.
tama, its bridge pickup is a bit louder than a strat's. pero i think more important is its voicing. yung high-mid presence that makes it sound louder. sa output kasi meron point where it starts losing the high end. sa nasubukan ko, yung sd broadcaster is close to that point as it has the right amount of power but still sounds like a tele pickup. any hotter and more mids exaggeration and it starts sounding more like a P90.

as for string guages, depende sa amount of practice i can put in. in my old shred mode days (god, not only am i getting old, i'm starting to sound old too), i could handle 11s on a strat. these days, the strat is retired, and i only practice enough to be able to handle 10s. pero ang biggest problem ko back then was hindi consistent yung pagpasok ng 11s. after a while mauubusan and i'd have to go back to 10s. tas adjustment na naman pag may supply na ulit. so i decided to just switch to 10s permanently. at least yun madali makahanap ng strings.

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »

Nuts! Msta na dyan?

mejo boomy yun no. 4,5,6 strings ko, was thinking of shfting to a lighter gauge para mas malutong yun tunog, meaning clearer and less muddy. M currently using 10's, recommended ba na mag-9's ako?

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2006, 09:07:33 AM »

Nuts! Msta na dyan?

mejo boomy yun no. 4,5,6 strings ko, was thinking of shfting to a lighter gauge para mas malutong yun tunog, meaning clearer and less muddy. M currently using 10's, recommended ba na mag-9's ako?
oi! hehe. nasa bahay ako... oks naman bagong environment. kelan sz xmas party?

hmmmm... i sort of like a bit boomy sounding bottom on the tele. parang gong yung tunog pag nasa bridge pickup. hehehe

yung change in string guage might not change much methinks. amp setting?

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »

La pa date ng xmas party e... i think they jst started planning for it. balitaan kita.

Yun nga ginagawa ko nw, with the 10s, i set my amp eq Hi=2pm, Mid=2pm, Low=1030am

Works well naman. Reduced muddiness of the bass strings...  so I ges m stickin with the 10s! 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2006, 02:54:41 PM »

Nuts! Msta na dyan?

oi! hehe. nasa bahay ako... oks naman bagong environment. kelan sz xmas party?

hmmmm... i sort of like a bit boomy sounding bottom on the tele. parang gong yung tunog pag nasa bridge pickup. hehehe

yung change in string guage might not change much methinks. amp setting?

Boys, ako I purposely went down to 9s on my Tele and Strat.  I find that it makes them sound more, well, "Tele-ish" and "Stratty", respectively.  I'm sure you know what I mean...

I once tried a lower model Fender Strat that sounded as Stratty as any Strat I have heard. It had 9s. When I strung it up for my usual gauge of 10s, the Strattines was gone and it sounded unremarkable.

Also, the longer scale length for Tele/Strats makes it harder to bend with 10s. But with 9s, sisiw na uli.  But w/ LPs and shorter scale guitars, 10s for me.

Offline reps

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2006, 05:33:38 PM »
this is my baby. sorry for the low quality phone pic. hehe..
feedback is your friend

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2006, 06:52:48 PM »

Looks great! What kind of tele is that?

Offline reps

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
It's a Blue Agave MIM Standard. I replaced the 3ply pickguard with a single-ply white one. Astig nga eh, discontinued na yung Blue Agave, so i guess this one's a keeper.  :-D
feedback is your friend

Offline musicjunkie

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »

nice color dude!... have an MIM std tele myself. personally felt the stock bridge pickup was a little too shrill, replaced it with an SD broadcaster (co Nats), wat a difference. It feels like the tone is more middy and less shrill. Nats also set up the pickup heights and the overall tone of the guitar jst became better and more balanced. 

Offline reps

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »
I agree, setting the pickups right would improve the overall tone of the tele. Had my pickups adjusted at guitarfix.
feedback is your friend

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 02:13:12 AM »
I love my RJ Tele so much

That I BAMF'ed it into an active system !

Bell sounds...fantastic dynamics. These babies can even be custom voiced for Marshall and Fender tones (this one isn't tho...)

Not yet perfect, needs some modifications to the insertion point...but I'll get t that soon enough.

Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 03:26:42 PM »
work in progress!  thanks Micsis!!

Offline bahaw

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2006, 06:10:19 PM »
work in progress!  thanks Micsis!!

Ah eto pla un sinasabi mo! Ang ganda nga! Patest pag nabuo na!  :-D

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 06:20:40 PM »
hehehehe cge ba! :-D

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 03:18:03 AM »
pasali na rin..hehehe....mij fender tele... 8-) 8-) 8-)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 04:24:11 AM by haey2 »
black moon creeping...

Offline e-leg

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 07:12:28 AM »
Ebe dancel (sugarfree) and Diego castillo (sandwich) inspired me to get a tele. i find the guitar very uhm..."emotional".
"drink life as it comes. straight no chaser"

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 08:33:16 AM »
yup, teles keep you honest.

kung binata pa kayo, you can fool around with as many teles as you like...

... but there comes a time when you will have to settle down and come home to just one...

:mrgreen:

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2006, 03:23:28 PM »
^
Ganda naman ng 52 RI mo, Pareng Joric. One piece pa ang katawan.

Plaster ko uli yung gitara ko. Yung Bacchus at Edwards na Les Paul, ni hindi ko man lang nahahawakan for a month now. Lagi ito ang gamit ko. I just love Teles.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:22:15 AM by Bart »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »
Noice!  Gangyang model din ata yung isa dun sa "ex-Tele" ko, accdg to Nathan.  See pic above.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 05:00:22 PM by deltaslim »

Offline kahel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 04:11:01 PM »
tele pangarap ka na lang ba? sana pagbigyan ako ni bossing blues2death

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 12:22:32 AM »
Noice!  Gangyang model din ata yung isa dun sa "ex-Tele" ko, accdg to Nathan.  See pic above.

Cho, di ba ang 52 eh walang pickguard screw dun sa cutaway? Bale 5 lang ang screws. Modified na ba 'to?