hulika

Author Topic: Metallica Appreciation Thread  (Read 14629 times)

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Metallica Appreciation Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »
James taught me how to downpick like crazy and Kirk introduced me to the wah pedal.  :evil:

I was never the same guitar player again.

*bows in appreciation

+1 sa down picking!!!

kahit na paulit-ulit klo i-kwento...
my first 4 notes na pinatunog ko sa guitar is intro ng "One"
at yun ang naging simula ng pagiging fanatic ko sa METALLICA!

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline miguel0210

• Netizen Level
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 03:56:26 AM »
Kill 'em All is their best album for me

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
saw their concert as hall of famers....wow James, Kirk, Lars, Robert and JASON together!
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline pig.fly

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
 :-D

fave album ko is ANd Justice for All.

nanay ko maliit pa lang ako binibilhan ng metallica products,
mga print outs sa internet ng articles about metallica, mga shirts
cds etc..

one time nanood sya ng concert ng metallica somewhere sa europe
Ride the Lightning days pa ata or Black album, binigay nya
saken yung stub nung Ticket... sayang naiwala ko na.

Huli niya binigay saken is yung S & M .

Astig ng nanay ko no??
it's good to be alive!

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 07:15:02 PM »
:-D

fave album ko is ANd Justice for All.

nanay ko maliit pa lang ako binibilhan ng metallica products,
mga print outs sa internet ng articles about metallica, mga shirts
cds etc..

one time nanood sya ng concert ng metallica somewhere sa europe
Ride the Lightning days pa ata or Black album, binigay nya
saken yung stub nung Ticket... sayang naiwala ko na.

Huli niya binigay saken is yung S & M .

Astig ng nanay ko no??

hindi ba sya nanood nung nagconcert metallica dito wayback 90's?
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 12:04:41 AM »
fave metallica cd ko ay MASTER OF PUPPETS...walang tapon na track..

Offline carpe_deim

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
fave metallica cd ko ay MASTER OF PUPPETS...walang tapon na track..

very agree ako sayu bro

iniba talaga ng metallica ang pakikinig ko ng music
dati mga mainstreem lng napapakingan ko
tinry ko lng talaga ito pakinggan wayback hyskul
grabe first time ko napakinggan yun master master
na inspire talaga ako humahak ng instumento
at mag search pa ng malalalim na kanta
dun ko n na appreciate yung mga prog,death,power,black,jazz..etc...

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 03:29:24 PM »
I'm trying to search threads and topics for my favorite band Metallica, there are numerous topics pero wala akong mahanap na appreciation thread, so I started this one.

Discuss anything about Metallica here.

Thank you sa start ng thread sir!!!

Metallica has been a HUGE influence to me... I was born on 1989... :evil:
And I thank God na napakinggan ng aking mga tenga si Lars Ulrich... :cry:
This band blew my head to guitars then shifted my life to the drums...
Sarap i-cover "One" sa drums & favorite na "Fade to Black" on guitars... :-D
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 02:11:27 AM »
Metallica is my favorite heavy metal band of all time. Inspired me to pick up & learn to play the guitar 18 years ago--and am still a sloppy player  :oops: Hindi na ako natuto ng basic chords kasi puro power chords ng mga rhythm guitar parts ni James Hetfield ang inaral ko  :lol:  Metallica is also the very first band I witnessed to play live here back in April 17, 1993, and I still have the concert ticket. I have a thrash metal band that plays quite a number of Metallica songs from Kill 'Em All to Death Magnetic.

Metallica is the best heavy metal band in the planet.  :-)

\m/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:49:19 AM by silverbolt1097 »
I am the dark side of you

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »
2003 I was watching MTV, then MTV Icon: Metallica came up on air. I became a fan... wait, no... I became a DIE-HARD Metallica fan! I love anything Metallica! LOL

Sobrang laki ng influence ng Metallica sa akin, sa pagtugtog ko tsaka sa pakikinig ko ng music, sila ang naging bridge ko to explore metal more deeper.

...and I think Load, ReLoad and St. Anger are underappreciated/underrated. (though I understand the hate for St. Anger because of the mixing)...

I find those albums awesome too hehe

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
recently ko lang naappreciate ang "st. anger"...not because of the mixing and (especially) the drum sound, which was awful, or the lack of solos and the very nu metal-influenced riffs, which is still unfortunate up to now.  it's the lyrical content that really hit home with me...

"my lifestyle determines my deathstyle!"

anyway, you may want to check out "enter night", the new metallica biography written by mick wall.  nasa page 300 (out of nearly 500) pa lang ako, sa may part na kakarelease lang ng black album.  another strong effort from the veteran UK music writer, with a lot of interesting stories and first-hand interviews with past and present members...though not surprisingly, the only former member (not counting the fill-in members like lloyd grant & sammy dijon) without significant input to the book is dave mustaine...

got my copy at fully booked gateway, and for a hard-bound it's quite affordable...P999 lang. :-D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:39:27 AM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 02:58:54 AM »
@ Endshiftresign!

Mas maganda sir ung sinulat na Metallica biography ni Joel McIver - Justice For All: The Truth About Metallica. Mas detailed ung biography ng lahat ng members as well as former members of Metallica mababasa mo dun, including Dave Mustaine's. Andun ung detailed description (or speculation) as to who or how the feud between James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine started, ung nakuryente si Lloyd Grant, how Cliff Burton got killed in a bus accident, as well as the story behind why wala tayong marinig na bass lines/riffs sa ...And Justice For All. Napster, mga positive and negative reviews of each album they released, and if my memory serves me correctly, pati ung main reason why Jason Newsted left Metallica. Meron pa nga dun story about Lars Ulrich's ex-wife Skylar, who was actually Matt Damon's girlfriend at the time. Plus other pertinent information you need to know about Metallica's early years.

Pero bibilhin ko rin ung book na yan sir. Thanks sa info.  :-)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:09:39 AM by silverbolt1097 »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 05:12:51 AM »
@ Endshiftresign!

Mas maganda sir ung sinulat na Metallica biography ni Joel McIver - Justice For All: The Truth About Metallica.

saan mo nabili?  yun sana yung gusto kong bilhin, but couldn't find myself a copy, except on ebay, where shipping costs to the philippines aren't exactly affordable...

and it was ron mcgovney who got electrocuted on stage, if i'm not mistaken.  unlike mcgovney who played in the famous "no life till leather" demo and stayed with the band for about a year or so, lloyd grant was very, very briefly a member...siya yung jamaican na gitarista na nagcontribute sa isa sa mga unang demo versions ng "hit the lights"...i think he was one of the many guitarists unsuccessfully recruited to help james hetfield focus on vocals, as he wasn't too confident about multitasking during those early days...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:17:15 AM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 05:35:21 AM »
saan mo nabili?  yun sana yung gusto kong bilhin, but couldn't find myself a copy, except on ebay, where shipping costs to the philippines aren't exactly affordable...

Sir, sa drummer ko po ung book. He bought it in the U.S. back in 2005. Pinahiram lang nya sa amin paguwi niya dito also that year. Just like you, hinahanap ko rin ito dito pero kahit saang bookstore, WALA. Even if I already read it twice, gusto ko pa rin magkaroon. Updated na nga daw po ung book, according to amazon.com. Kasama na ung Death Magnetic (sana pati Sonisphere The Big 4 Of Thrash Metal).

and it was ron mcgovney who got electrocuted on stage, if i'm not mistaken.  lloyd grant was very, very briefly a member...siya yung jamaican na gitarista na nagcontribute sa isa sa mga unang demo versions ng "hit the lights"...

Ay uu nga sir, parang naalala ko nga na si Ron McGovney ang nakuryente kasi natapunan ng beer ni Mustaine bass niya. Thanks for the correction :-) I kinda forgot some information na from the book since 5 years ago ko pa nabasa yan. At andun din pala ung detailed description nung bus driver na nagmamaneho at the time Cliff Burton got killed, tsaka cause of death. Si Kirk Hammett nga daw sana uupo dun sa puwesto ni Burton. Sayang na bassist. Mas maganda 'tong book na 'to Sir. Sulit ka dito.  8-)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:47:56 AM by silverbolt1097 »

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 05:50:22 AM »
Metallica is my favorite heavy metal band of all time. Inspired me to pick up & learn to play the guitar 18 years ago--and am still a sloppy player  :oops: Hindi na ako natuto ng basic chords kasi puro power chords ng mga rhythm guitar parts ni James Hetfield ang inaral ko  :lol:  Metallica is also the very first band I witnessed to play live here back in April 17, 1993, and I still have the concert ticket. I have a thrash metal band that plays quite a number of Metallica songs from Kill 'Em All to Death Magnetic.

Metallica is the best heavy metal band in the planet.  :-)

\m/
nandun din ako nun pre!!!

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »
sana tumugtog sial dito ulit ngayong 2011!!!

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 11:40:58 PM »
Kill 'em all to black album - their best era IMO, after that parang di na metallica. I miss jason newsted though...

I was also there in their 1993 concert sa Ultra :evil: ...one of the best experience in my life.
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »
Eto revive natin for hard-core Metallica fans.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:32:53 PM by silverbolt1097 »

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
Ride The Lightning my fave album  :-D
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline jdr1524

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »
Wala ng dapat patunayan ang Metallica....Just one of the best THRASH METAL band ever lived!!! :| <_<

Offline Sherwin_xx2002

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »
Wala ng dapat patunayan ang Metallica....Just one of the best THRASH METAL band ever lived!!! :| <_<

:mrgreen: +100
CARPE DIEM