hulika

Author Topic: Dual 15" or 12" midtop.  (Read 8285 times)

Offline mants

• Veteran Member
Dual 15" or 12" midtop.
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:11:44 AM »
mga sir ano po ang ma e recomend nyo n dual front loaded n pang mid yong di lalampas ng 50k 1 pair na pwedeng pang outdoor setup kagaya nito ,,,,,,thanks..     

Offline jeo

• Veteran Member
Re: Dual 15" or 12" midtop.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
mga sir ano po ang ma e recomend nyo n dual front loaded n pang mid yong di lalampas ng 50k 1 pair na pwedeng pang outdoor setup kagaya nito ,,,,,,thanks..   

Sir audition the prx copy of AD @ Raygin. The best price to sound if your gunning for such at that budget.
>Use your ears, dont worry about the hype!>"Not everything that counts can be measured and not everything you can measure counts">TECHNIQUE is in the FINGERS & TONE is more in the GEAR>HIYAW, if you didnt get it, its your problem not mine>killed ur killer

Offline mants

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
Sir audition the prx copy of AD @ Raygin. The best price to sound if your gunning for such at that budget.
salamat sir

Offline N1X

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:34 PM »
xline
Malinaw
Matibat
Mura
Magaang

:-D

Offline myboxtype

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 04:54:36 PM »
Sir Kevler ba nakuha nyo? Any feedback or issue? Plan ko kasi bumili rin ng dual 15 kaso ipon mode pa muna...:-) Thanks

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
Check the specs and graphs first, without them especially the latter, look for something else. Also look for those dyis shown in this forum.

With your budget, I guess you are looking for a passive system right?

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:41:09 PM »
Sir Kevler ba nakuha nyo? Any feedback or issue? Plan ko kasi bumili rin ng dual 15 kaso ipon mode pa muna...:-) Thanks

Madaling bumigay ang highs at lows nito bos. Wag lang sa rakrakan mo gamitin pwede na.

Offline myboxtype

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
Madaling bumigay ang highs at lows nito bos. Wag lang sa rakrakan mo gamitin pwede na.
tnx sir sa info....malaking bagay to sa baguhang tulad ko...:-)

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

You get what you pay for, as I've mentioned, no graphs-no sale for me.

Offline king_james

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 10:55:41 PM »
Knockoffs typically look good on the outside  :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

Offline jofel

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
Okay lang ba SRX 725 dual 15 ng XTA for full band reinforcements? TIA!

Offline spacejam

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
Knockoffs typically look good on the outside  :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

Yes sir... I agree with you. They really look good but hindi same ang materials ginamit sa kahoy and speaker. Dinaan lang sa finishing 
Kung outdoor ang gagamitin much better 100mm (4"vcoil) ang compression driver para lesser Ang sakit sa ulo.. Tingnan nyo rin kung maganda ang design ng crossover. Kung may protection bulb para ma protect ang compression driver...  Di porke magka mukha... Parehas na ang sound quality nun.. Kaya nga malayo ang price ng branded and china or local made speaker system.
Natatawa ako sir. Pag local gumawa. Copy o DIY  tawag pero kung imported knock off naman... 

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
Natatawa nga ako sir. Pag local gumawa. Copy o DIY  tawag pero kung imported knock off naman...

Maybe they call them knock offs because they copy (at least) the exact appearace of the original product then market them. Just look at those JBL prx copies, I'm sure the performance difference/s is night and day compared to the real ones.

Did I just see 100db spl? It's a waste of money imo.

Offline spacejam

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Maybe they call them knock offs because they copy (at least) the exact appearace of the original product then market them. Just look at those JBL prx copies, I'm sure the performance difference/s is night and day compared to the real ones.

Did I just see 100db spl? It's a waste of money imo.
Sir I think the Chinese companies are smart enough to copy the box design and the outer appearance. Their style is buy the original and see the inside components and copy it. The difference of the original and the Chinese copy depends actually on the buyer or importer. If you want cheap speakers, they will give you cheap components also. Maybe use MDF and using Cheap speakers. If you want good quality speaker at higher price. They give you birch ply and neo speakers. It depends on the budget of their customer.
Sir I think that's the not only the style of the china speakers but also the local box dealers. You only need to look at some post here and they market it as nexo, el 36 or Martin WSX. Why?
 It's easier to sell because these  are known brands. If you make a box that is locally design, harder to market it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:13:51 AM by spacejam »

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
The difference of the original and the Chinese copy depends actually on the buyer or importer. If you want cheap speakers, they will give you cheap components also. Maybe use MDF and using Cheap speakers. If you want good quality speaker at higher price. They give you birch ply and neo speakers. It depends on the budget of their customer.

Ok give me a Chinese  "knock-offs" that can compete with JBL's SRX or even PRX series??? or at least the lower end- Eons?

At least our local DYIers here in PI copy some known brands and manufacture them at almost same level as the originals, and the prices are very reasonable. Check those Kevler and XTA brands and compare them to our local copies from Mr. Lheo and Constantpressure, then tell me which ones sound better.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:05:56 PM by wave180 »

Offline spacejam

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 06:51:58 PM »
Ok give me a Chinese  "knock-offs" that can compete with JBL's SRX or even PRX series??? or at least the lower end- Eons?

At least our local DYIers here in PI copy some known brands and manufacture them at almost same level as the originals, and the prices are very reasonable. Check those Kevler and XTA brands and compare them to our local copies from Mr. Lheo and Constantpressure, then tell me which ones sound better.

Sir what I'm trying to say is the local and Chinese both copy the known brands...  There are lots of known china brand like LAX which was the official speakers of the 2008 Olympics . Wharfedale, B3 and behringer are all made in china...  Many europeans and us brand fyi are made in china but we don't know because the chinese company do OEM for their customers.
I can say sir is mr. Constant pressure does a nice job with his box. Saw their WSX copy at master fix and it was good. Mr Lheo work is ok... Saw them at metro tech.
But you can't compare that with the branded speakers. Their finish may be the same but the materials used is not the same.  There is a big difference between birch ply wood and marine plywood in term of pricing.. As their is a big difference in price and quality in their speaker.
I just notice here that there is a double standard. If the china brand speaker is introduce in the market... Lots of negative comments. But if local they will give lots of positive comments.in both cases they only copy from the original...

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:26:17 PM by spacejam »

Offline tjlimjoco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 11:36:44 PM »
Halos naman yung mga China clones ok sa umpisa. Mura talaga at same looks ng original brands katulad yung pinost ni Bos Mants dito na Kevler Prx625 kung pag-uusapan ay yung "exterior".

Malayo sa price compared sa orig na Jbl Prx625 at malayo din sa performance.  Ang mga bumibili syempre walang budget para makabili ng orig.  Kapag may nasira, sa huli magpapalit ka din ng speaker components para gumana ulit.  Wala naman kasing parts ang Kevler puro rewinded lang ang remedyo.

Sa napansin nga namin dati yung nagbukas kami ng Kevler at SPL sa pwesto ni Bos Mario Rapacon, halos parehas ang speaker components.  Baka pa nga iisa lang ang source ng Kevler at SPL.  :-o

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:50 AM »
I thought We're talking about those Kevler, SPL, Live and etc... But, since you've mentioned Wharfedale, B3 and Behringer, now give me at least one from each company that copied a certain product from an original manufacturer (We are still talking speakers power/unpowered). I know Behringer successfully copied one of QSC's power amps, and lots of people here in this forum praise it.

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 03:28:00 AM »
I just notice here that there is a double standard. If the china brand speaker is introduce in the market... Lots of negative comments. But if local they will give lots of positive comments.in both cases they only copy from the original...

Aside from B3, which China brand speaker/s do you think is a great buy (consider price/performance ratio) that will encourage us to give a positive comments? considering you can get a pair of Samson Auro for a very reasonable price. Anyway, Behringer and Wharfedale are not China brands, some or most of their products are  only being outsource in China.

Offline spacejam

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »
Aside from B3, which China brand speaker/s do you think is a great buy (consider price/performance ratio) that will encourage us to give a positive comments? considering you can get a pair of Samson Auro for a very reasonable price. Anyway, Behringer and Wharfedale are not China brands, some or most of their products are  only being outsource in China.
Samson are also made in china. Wharfedale is owned now by Chinese company in case you didn't know. Go to raon... Many Chinese brands there. If you want go to some store like master fix, raygin and metro tech  try to have a demo. They have many copy of srx series there.
In case you didn't know lots of company does out sourcing in china. Ultimate stands, pro el. Genesis, on stage stands, Washburn guitars etc lots of company does business in china. Some parts of P. Audio and faital pro are also made in china
As I have said. China can do quality work but it depends on the importers. If importer wants good quality they have to pay a good price but they have to sell more expensive.but we have to admit... The cheaper ones sell faster.

Offline spacejam

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
Halos naman yung mga China clones ok sa umpisa. Mura talaga at same looks ng original brands katulad yung pinost ni Bos Mants dito na Kevler Prx625 kung pag-uusapan ay yung "exterior".

Malayo sa price compared sa orig na Jbl Prx625 at malayo din sa performance.  Ang mga bumibili syempre walang budget para makabili ng orig.  Kapag may nasira, sa huli magpapalit ka din ng speaker components para gumana ulit.  Wala naman kasing parts ang Kevler puro rewinded lang ang remedyo.

Sa napansin nga namin dati yung nagbukas kami ng Kevler at SPL sa pwesto ni Bos Mario Rapacon, halos parehas ang speaker components.  Baka pa nga iisa lang ang source ng Kevler at SPL.  :-o

As I have said do not just be fooled by outer appearance and promotion. It is best to learn first what is the component inside.  If we are talking about srx series. It must be 100mm voice coil for both the woofer and the compression driver. That way at least you know it is a near in terms of sound quality and durability. Also it's better you test them side by side with other brands. Some brands may be cheaper but use cheaper components.
In china they have 99% copy the sound is the same... That is very expensive. And they have the cheap ones.. The exterior is the same but inside the components are only so so.

Offline spacejam

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 09:32:57 AM »

Sir kevler and xta are not china brand.. They also were outsource in china.

Offline wave180

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
Sir kevler and xta are not china brand.. They also were outsource in china.

Where are they from? I can't find any location info on Kevler's site.

Offline peep

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
Sir,how about XTA loaded with P.AUDIO component what can say..

Offline spin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
I thought We're talking about those Kevler, SPL, Live and etc... But, since you've mentioned Wharfedale, B3 and Behringer, now give me at least one from each company that copied a certain product from an original manufacturer (We are still talking speakers power/unpowered). I know Behringer successfully copied one of QSC's power amps, and lots of people here in this forum praise it.

electro voice sx 300 > beta three ts300