hulika

Author Topic: Madeleine Cooking Company & Walking Shadow  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Wshad

Madeleine Cooking Company & Walking Shadow
« on: March 23, 2013, 11:40:02 AM »
Here’s to introduce Walking Shadow, an amateur band that plays only pre-1964 Shadows and Ventures music. Walking Shadow doesn’t gig, and its members change, depending on who’s available for the occasional show.  Here is the band playing in 2008, trying to cover The Shadows’ “Atlantis.”

Amateurs lang kami, so be kind!  I hope you enjoy the show.

WS

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
Re: Madeleine Cooking Company & Walking Shadow
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:32:10 AM »
Congrats talaga.. altho I see familiar faces esp Ma'm Lenny hehehe.. you might mean amatuer pa lang ung grupo pero may mga pro na players.. sarap nman talaga mga oldies kasi golden boy na rin ako and I"ve played with pryor years nina Sir Mike and Sir Joey..

Here’s to introduce Walking Shadow, an amateur band that plays only pre-1964 Shadows and Ventures music. Walking Shadow doesn’t gig, and its members change, depending on who’s available for the occasional show.  Here is the band playing in 2008, trying to cover The Shadows’ “Atlantis.”

Amateurs lang kami, so be kind!  I hope you enjoy the show.

WS

Offline Wshad

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
Thanks, Boyet.  Yes, that's Lenny on rhythm.  Lito Toribio, the Electromaniacs drummer, is on the drums there.  You might recognize John Lesaca among the violinists.

The Pryor Years backed up singers during one show we put together at Teatrino.  Very good band.  The bassist and singer were a husband/wife team.  They then had a young keyboardist.

Regards, 

WS
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:36:45 PM by Wshad »

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:44:42 AM »

Small world talaga, umiikot lang mga musikero.. Kanina watched Bits & Pieces ni Frd Lim sa Mtrowalk. Guitarist nya si Chito Perez also Electromaniacs.. Btw am with Pryoryrs as keyboardist for more than a year now with Sir/s Mike and Joey.. Bassist Andee and wifey Hlen songer.. Guitar players and drummers jammed nanganak ng another band JFK just for kicks, with father and son guitar team Mike and John.. Btw the young keyboardist Louise is fiance of Icon, son of Lenny, all close friends to Pryoryrs.. last time saw Ma'm Lenny during Icon's bday jam with their band Glass Onion sa Ritz Towers Makati.

Thanks, Boyet.  Yes, that's Lenny on rhythm.  Lito Toribio, the Electromaniacs drummer, is on the drums there.  You might recognize John Lesaca among the violinists.

The Pryor Years backed up singers during one show we put together at Teatrino.  Very good band.  The bassist and singer were a husband/wife team.  They then had a young keyboardist.

Regards, 

WS

Offline Wshad

Small world.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
Very small world.  Andee is a very talented bassist.  Len has a wonderful voice; I remember her trying out a 60s song without a microphone or accompaniment in a reverberant room.  Enthralling.

Yes, Louise.  She was at at the UP conservatory. 

Roy of Glass Onion played rhythm for the last set of the Madeleine Cookie Shows.  A first-class guitarist.  I'll try to post a photo or link.

WS

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
Re: Small world.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
Napakwento na tuloy hehehe cge please post photo or link.. btw whatever did happen to Glass Onion? Si Pryoryrs medyo na polarized and nag-iba ng membership, i just dont know kung kasama pa ko hehehe nor sina Len & Andee.. with JFK si Sir Mike lang kasama namin and sa Tracks studio pa rin ang home base.. Pryoryrs I think had a new jam venue sa Sgt Peppers studio ni Ed Evangelista down Bicutan..

Very small world.  Andee is a very talented bassist.  Len has a wonderful voice; I remember her trying out a 60s song without a microphone or accompaniment in a reverberant room.  Enthralling.

Yes, Louise.  She was at at the UP conservatory. 

Roy of Glass Onion played rhythm for the last set of the Madeleine Cookie Shows.  A first-class guitarist.  I'll try to post a photo or link.

WS

Offline Wshad

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:30:34 PM »
Glass Onion I hear is doing well.  They are a very entertaining band, and Roy a very professional, really good guitarist.  We try to catch their shows as often as we can. 

I haven't seen Pryor Years in a while, but them I am out of the loop. Mike is a very good guitarist and a very knowledgeable techie to boot. He will check our rehearsal room (a garage really) for audio quality, so we are excited about that.

Best regards,

Ws

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
oh well baka kwentong barbero lang ung ibang sagap ko hehehe good to hear they're ok but without Ma'm Lenny? (or is that inaccurate as well hehehe) anyways, ok ung guitarist nila and keybaordist parehong masipag and match ke vocalist..

anyways good luck sa new studio, me nakwento nga sir Mike about a new studio somewhere QC for a balikbayan married to a foreigner who plans to stay for while.. anyways good luck.. nakwento rin ni Joceraz a jam coming up soon.. dont worry ok siya.. for a while I thought your based somewhere Makati maybe near Ma'm Lenny's sa Ritz, one ride lang bro ko to and from there..

as for JFK, rest muna ko.. am busy with MVPO Battle of the bands until April 6 sa Smart Araneta.. I"ll be seeing Andee and Sir Mike after that..

best regards
yet-Bo

Glass Onion I hear is doing well.  They are a very entertaining band, and Roy a very professional, really good guitarist.  We try to catch their shows as often as we can. 

I haven't seen Pryor Years in a while, but them I am out of the loop. Mike is a very good guitarist and a very knowledgeable techie to boot. He will check our rehearsal room (a garage really) for audio quality, so we are excited about that.

Best regards,

Ws

Offline Wshad

Roy
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »
Sorry,  Boyet, I’m not up-to-date on the band scene.  We really just play old 60s music. 

Here’s a picture of Roy taken at one of the Madeleine Cookie Company shows.

He’s very good, but at the same time easy to get along with.  He makes people he plays with look good.

Thanks on the studio; I’ll keep reading the excellent material here.  There are so many qualified guys contributing here, including Mike.  And good luck with the Battle of the Bands.

WS

Offline Wshad

Shows at Hard Rock
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Here's a video on a local show purely on 1958-63 music, post-rock&roll, pre-British Invasion.  Amateur mostly, so pasensya sa mali please.  We hope you enjoy it.

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
Re: Shows at Hard Rock
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
It's a small world after all hehehe just got home from ensayo with Sir Mike sa Tracks studio nya.. the JFK (just for kicks) segment of the pryoryrs.. it's the one with the father and son guitar team of Mike and son John, the vox-bassist tandem of Len and Andee.. you guys were in one circle of musicians now and then huh and classmate nyo rin pala si Sir Ed na father ni Andee.. well everybody wants to say hi to everybody hehehe.. post bday blowout eat together din, hindi na kami nagkita-kita before Sir Mike's bday March 20.. so yon, my drummer si Andee from his other band segment while I did keys as we tried some 80s stuff knina..

well just keeping in touch.. baka kasi ntuloy na jam with joceraz from novaliches hehehe and just in case I have a younger bro who can try out even for just a reliever..

yet-Bo

Here's a video on a local show purely on 1958-63 music, post-rock&roll, pre-British Invasion.  Amateur mostly, so pasensya sa mali please.  We hope you enjoy it.

Offline Wshad

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 06:39:44 AM »
Thanks, Boyet.  Andee's mom was my batchmate at Prep; his dad was a year younger, actually.  I did get to play recently with Lenny and Joey, who remembers the old drum pieces.  What we really need is an amateur who likes to play those pieces and might want to jam with us.  Our drummer Eddie Madela passed away three years ago, unfortunately.  I'll organize another session.

Regards,

WShad
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:49:41 PM by Wshad »

Offline Wshad

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »
Here's the band's Facebook page, for those with Facebook accounts.  It has some neat information on music of the early 1960s, including gear used then.  Like it, if it is interesting to you.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Madeleine-Cookie-Company/114431597128?ref=ts&fref=ts

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
Salamuch Wshad for all the info.. mixed up na nga info ko hehehe for a while I thought it was Andee's Dad Sir Ed ka batch mo.. actually sya dating kbord player ng Pryoryrs, kaya lang after ma-stroke nags-cout na sila ng ibang players and found Louise na gf ni Icon son of Ma'm Lenny.. then Nov 2011 Andee (deedee91874) pm'd invited me to jam just in time for their Dec gigs.. then dami nang nangyari sa grupo at naging segmented band..

also salamuch for sharing your Madeline fb account.. of course found many interesting items about the 60s, btw I was born 1956 kaya familiar music ng 60s, played only a few stuff until recently sa Pryoryrs.. nag banda ako highschool na 1970 onwards

Here's the band's Facebook page, for those with Facebook accounts.  It has some neat information on music of the early 1960s, including gear used then.  Like it, if it is interesting to you.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Madeleine-Cookie-Company/114431597128?ref=ts&fref=ts

Offline Wshad

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 12:38:53 AM »
Thanks, Boyet.  I'll have some friends over, playing just Shadows and Ventures.  Let me know if that's interesting to you.

Offline boyetperez

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »
Yes of course, very interesting.. I've played some stuff on bass, backup guitar and keys, maybe I've forgotten their titles (my weakness actually hehehe ) mostlyvery familiar chord patterns that's why.. and am sure it'll be a lot of reminiscing reminiscing for me..

btw share ko lang talo kami sa battle of the bands where we did rock version of Anak (F.Aguilar), some corporate activities huh and hindi pa ko nka move on hahahaha

Thanks, Boyet.  I'll have some friends over, playing just Shadows and Ventures.  Let me know if that's interesting to you.