hulika

Author Topic: Age matters  (Read 11101 times)

Offline crouchdash

• Philmusicus Addictus
Age matters
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:53:51 AM »
Bakit nga ba ang music ministry eh parang pang youth na lang.  :cry:
Exempted ako kasi makapal ang mukha ko...nuon...ngayon parang nakaka-OP na rin dahil ako na lang ang tanders dun. I really tried to form a group for adults pero napaka hirap...kesyo alang time, pang youth nga lang daw, tagal na daw sila di togs and other excuses. Eventually I left the music ministry.

It's a sad fact for the upper 30's musician na di na or ayaw makapag commit sa music ministry.

HOw about in your church?
If you wanna kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel..."On your knees boy!"

Offline Kevinkevins

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Age matters
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:58:32 AM »
Music industry po hindi ministry

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Offline crouchdash

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:14:03 AM »
Music industry po hindi ministry

Industry na po ba ang tawag sa music ministry ngayon?  :?

Offline Kevinkevins

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 02:16:49 AM »
Industry na po ba ang tawag sa music ministry ngayon?  :?
Oh my gosh nakakahiya... Hindi ko nabasa ung Last line...  Sa church pala. Sorry po

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:09 AM »
Pansin ko nga din bro... I'm 24 now and turning 25 this year. I started in the ministry at age 17, mga kasama ko noon may 30's at late 20's. Kame lang youth that time. Pero pag dating ko ng 20 years old, nagalisan na sila lahat. May mga priorities daw. Nagasawa na yung iba tapos umalis na sa team. Naging busy naman na sa work yung iba. Ngayon at my age ako na pinakamatanda ata. LOL! May mga kaedaran parin naman ako, pero wala nang 30's. karamihan eh puro youth.. Nakakamiss din yung may maglelead ng worship na nasa 30's na.

I believe, that in worship age doesn't matter. Nagkataon lang talaga na may mga priorities yung mga professionals. At nagkataon din na hindi ganun ka-busy mga youth. At yung mga youth kasi yan yung time na active talaga sila to join the ministry. Continue lang! I still had a friend who at his 40's is still the leader of the ministry and still plays guitar. May mga church lang na karamihan talaga eh youth.  :) Kahit ako pag dating ko sa 30's tingin ko nasa ministry parin ako. I love Worship Ministry.  :)
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:14:26 AM »
I'm 39 and I started out in the team in my early 20s. We have some team members who are barely out of their teens, so the age range is pretty wide. I guess the trick is to grow a deep love for the ministry, and to keep it light and enjoyable. And if people choose to move on, then we should send them off willingly, and keep on connecting, and training new blood to infuse the music with fresh annointing and new strength.

Offline crouchdash

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 04:15:02 AM »
I'm 39 and I started out in the team in my early 20s. We have some team members who are barely out of their teens, so the age range is pretty wide. I guess the trick is to grow a deep love for the ministry, and to keep it light and enjoyable. And if people choose to move on, then we should send them off willingly, and keep on connecting, and training new blood to infuse the music with fresh annointing and new strength.
That's a pretty a hard trick.   :oops:

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
^Unfortunately. :/

Offline lockzackary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
in my own observation, mahirap magcommit sa isang bagay na 'ethereal' yung reward.
which is the main reason bakit kapag may professional life na yung mga members, mas priority na nila yun. practicality ba.

Offline guitabot

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
generation gap?  :-D

Offline crouchdash

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 10:13:28 AM »
generation gap?  :-D
Is there a way to bridge the gap?  :-(

Offline iyzburg

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 10:23:39 AM »
Is there a way to bridge the gap?  :-(

I thought before that adding activities would bridge the gap. For the youth, more outings, retreats, leadership seminars, etc. For the old ones like me, mentoring, workshops, etc.

Not that these things do not have their place or purpose, pero sa pagtanda ko ika nga, whether youth or adult, a person converted is different from someone who was entertained. Iyung converted, regardless of what happens in the Church or his/her life, since anchored kay Lord Jesus, he/she will remain. Music Ministry or whatnot. Pero kung entertained, kapa humupa emotional wave, you see them leave or easily abandon their testimony.
Deut 11:13 ...love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul...

Offline Kennyadry

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 08:52:19 PM »
Ako I started the music ministry at the age 16..Ako yung pinaka bata sa grupo. And after 10 years, ako na yung pinaka matanda! hahahaha!!
"I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.”

Offline tipipeski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 10:18:10 PM »
The problem with the Music Ministry, is that, nagiging minority ito pagdating sa Church Ministries.

Akala kasi ng ibang Ministry, hanggang tugtugan lang ang alam ng Music Ministry. Every work for the Lord is the same as other ministries. Sabi nga, the highest form of calling is the "Ministry". Sometimes people tend music ministry is very expensive and very fad. Yes we play in front of the People but I hope, people know that they are not our audience.  We lead them to worship the ULTIMATE AUDIENCE.

I have been observing different church, at iba sa kanila, halos mid 30's and above ang tumutugtog. Why? Because the church gave so much value for these ministries, they put investment on the people, they put investment on the ministry.

I think, its not that age matters, its how these "elderly" forming the mindset of those who are in the music ministry.

I have to put an example for myself. I was 15 and the church badly needed a keyboardist kasi wala na talagang papalit. They sent me
to night schools where they teach. For 2 months, while im doing my 7am to 5pm summer classes, 6-9pm naman ang music school
I cant imagine na napagsabay sabay ko ang summer class ng engineering at ung vocational class ko.

after Few months, the church bought me a new keyboard (Roland), and, after some time, they bought me a keyboard amp that i want
(disclosed ko na lang ung models ah?) 

I see the urgency of the church but i have to show them How much i am passionate to my ministry

Mejo OT:

I partly blame myself on being an OFW, LOA ako sa ministry, yet, ung pumalit sakin, hindi ko naturuan ng gusto kong ituro sa kanya, (sometimes i blame the student for being in lack of interest on the subject matter). Ewan ko ba, I am still looking for that student na who will replace me one day, who has more enthusiasm, more interested than me in the ministry. (I hope to find that someone)

2 cents
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:40:30 PM by tipipeski »
 | God's Love Never Fails

Offline nyoty

• Netizen Level
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
Hi, it is very different in our church music ministry in terms of age. we have back up singers ages 14-18, musicians ages 20-44. i guess the real challenge for us is not the age, but its the musicality and the musicianship of every member.

Offline Thesurjen

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »
Samen naman, the grown ups usually get 'promoted' in terms of responsibilities. One of our guitarist became a pastor and would seldom play na, one of our worship leaders became the missions/evangelism coordinator. Ganun. It's not really matter of age Siguro. Dito papasok yung mentoring and discipleship siguro.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Offline muskratdoug

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:08 PM »
I serve sa Feast Makati and And our youngest musician is 14 yrs and I think our oldest is around 60yrs 0ld. We do have a large rooster of musician from amateurs to professional musicians and singers and 25% are in the fifties, and the majority are 25 yrs above, I my self is 56 yrs old bassist and part of my service is be a band coordinator for some of the service on sundays. The reason that some of the old ones seldom play anymore, is simply to let the newer servants have a chance to serve more and gain the experience and develop what it means to serve, sila na na iyon susunod na servants na papalit sa amin.  Another reason is "physical" physical difficulties in playing like arthritis and others.

Offline ejecruz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »
I'm 31 now, I started serving when I was 15.. during that time, mga kasabayan ko is 7-8 years older than me, and until now they are still in the ministry. I don't think age / generation gap should be a problem, music has no age, serving should never stop. Ngayun, nag wowork ako out of the country but I still have the heart and hungriness to serve, so even at this age, I still went through series of auditions just to be part of a music ministry here in my current location.
Joshua 1:8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Offline arkinet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »
There's no gap, just different priorities and calling in life. Adults have commitments to work and family, adding church to the mix is a lot of schedule juggling. So any adult "volunteer"(not talking about paid staff) in any ministry, really have a heart for it.
You think its an issue sa pinas? Its worst abroad, we don't have "helper" in the house to take care of household stuff and the kids while we do ministry. That's why big churches have to "employ" pro-musicians to fill their needs. And they're not necessarily Christians.
And who are our volunteer musicians? Pastors' and ministry leaders kids who are still in middle school or high school. By the time they go to college, they're too busy with school and work at the same time.
So count your blessings guys. Happy New Year!
\"...pure and simple, is the heart that stay's free...\" sc chapman

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 05:48:40 AM »
sa amin po, there is no gap
Iam 47yrs old.. started with the ministry when I was 28 na..
our drummer age ranges from 18-30
bassist 17-49
acoustic 19-48
keys 15-40
songleaders 14-52

and we do mix the ages during worship services..
minsan mga tanders tumutugtog din sa youth service.. wala naman po na OP..
siguro it is our passion for the ministry and to serve the Lord and yung tightness na din siguro ng bonding..
siguro nga po prioritites... sometimes may nagpapaalam din sa amin na hindi makatugtog.. either may kailangan sa work or family or busy sa school..
but they come back naman once naayos or natapos na yung mga iba gawain nila...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:52:27 AM by gitaristadaw »

Offline paul0415

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 08:14:12 AM »
Hi:) dont loose hope. Ibstarted at 18 left at 20 now am 25 going back again for good:) age does not matter. Our pianist is around 50 already and has a heart to serve. Tanong ko. Bakit ka ba tumutugtug? Want to be famous? Want to be a reknowned musician? Diba we have 1 reason and purpose why we are in this ministry:) God bless us all:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline boybawang

• Netizen Level
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
sa case po namin, wala specific age range. Di ko po alam sa ibang church, pero sa amin po, para maging part ng music ministry, kailangan ng total commitment. Kahit may work ka or school, if you want to be part of the ministry, it should be priority above everything else even work or family kahit sa practice schedule. Unless of course, may life & death situation na di ka makarating sa practice or Sunday service. Kaya kung may balak kang mg OFW or your work or school sched will not permit you to  commit 100% sa practice & Sunday service, sa umpisa pa lang, hindi ka iinvite or considered to be part ng music ministry kahit na desperately needed na ang talent mo. :) btw, secondary requirement pa lang iyong 100% commitment sa practice & sunday. May iba pang primary requirement hehe