hulika

Author Topic: SHOW ME YOUR AMP/S!  (Read 555212 times)

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Show me your AMP!
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2009, 03:26:32 AM »
you sold your carmen? how come? i was under the impression that you really liked the amp and wouldn't let it go.

Sadly, yes. I really really love it's tone. But it's a very unforgiving amp. It's a good amp if you're a clean picker, since it's very responsive to picking nuances. But if the player is less than articulate, like me, then it's not a very flattering amp. All the mistakes are magnified.
Somebody at Z-Talk told me that 'it highlights your shining moments and forces you to become a better player'. Well, I tried to be an articulate player for years and failed miserably. I'm old and not expecting to get any better.

Life is too short and there's so much more gear out there to try, so I moved on.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 03:28:09 AM by Bart »

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2009, 03:40:39 AM »
Whoa! Ayus! He sold it cos his son's going to college. He gave a freakin, awesome deal. And that's not all. Amp is in pristine condish.
I love this amp. The attenuator is doing its job and doesnt compromise the sound at low level. The thing is loud with the 2x10 cab!
I only wish that it has a reverb.

Someday I will join the Z forum. Just trying to stay away from temptation. hahhaha. People there might entice me further..There are a lot of Z in craigslist nowadays so..... :-D

Ayos! You'll love the amp for sure. Mike Zaite is an awesome guy. Excellent customer support.
Congrats on your Zenith.... I mean Dr Z amp.  :lol:

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2009, 04:55:41 AM »
Sadly, yes. I really really love it's tone. But it's a very unforgiving amp. It's a good amp if you're a clean picker, since it's very responsive to picking nuances. But if the player is less than articulate, like me, then it's not a very flattering amp. All the mistakes are magnified.
Somebody at Z-Talk told me that 'it highlights your shining moments and forces you to become a better player'. Well, I tried to be an articulate player for years and failed miserably. I'm old and not expecting to get any better.

Life is too short and there's so much more gear out there to try, so I moved on.  :lol:

unforgiving is right. i really like the amp because of how clean it is and the thing certainly shines for jazz gigs, much more so than my mesa Mark 1 which is clean but has a bit more cajones than the Z.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline angeloesteban14

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2009, 04:57:58 AM »

hehe!! yung una mong pic pang kotse ah  :-D

Marshall30DFX

Offline VoodooChild24

• Netizen Level
« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2009, 08:25:40 AM »
Eto sa akin!

Gibson LP 58 Historic Faded Tobacco
Gibson 1997 LP Custom Iron Cross
Diezel VH4S Bogner Uberschall Rev 1 Mesa Boogie Mark IV Custom Egnater M4
[/B]

Offline borgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #480 on: March 21, 2009, 08:30:35 AM »
Ayos! You'll love the amp for sure. Mike Zaite is an awesome guy. Excellent customer support.
Congrats on your Zenith.... I mean Dr Z amp.  :lol:
[/quote]

The amp is great! I just hope that nobody would sell a Suhr Badger in CL that's below 2k CAD. Otherwise.... patay.

Any reverb pedal you could suggest to spice up this amp? I am not impressed with RVs and Holy Grails. Right now I am using an ONERR (brazil) which is so so.
I havent heard of any reverb pedal which could emulate the spring reverb sound of Fender. TY
Gibson ES-335 dot Historic, 1978  Fender Sunburst Strat. Suhr Classic T. McNeill OM guitar, Yamaha APX7,Fender Ultralight, Brown Note 18w, Purkhiser Amp, Firebelly Deluxe Reverb,  Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, AYA Drivesta,

Offline reonovado

« Reply #481 on: March 26, 2009, 02:44:08 AM »

Offline reonovado

« Reply #482 on: March 26, 2009, 02:50:55 AM »
Here's mine... Sorry no tubes :-(

Polytone Mini-Brute II + Roland Cube 60

Roland Cube 60 + Microcube + KC-150

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #483 on: March 26, 2009, 02:51:36 AM »
Eto sa akin!

wowowow.. naka mark IV combo  :-o
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline eugene3ph

« Reply #484 on: March 26, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #485 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »
Ayun na po! Tinginingining na amp yan! Walang rese-recession kay Eugene! Tama ba yan? Kailangang masintensyahan yan. :lol:

Offline borgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #486 on: March 26, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
holy cowabunga!!! SUHR na walang recession sayo mr eugene!
Gibson ES-335 dot Historic, 1978  Fender Sunburst Strat. Suhr Classic T. McNeill OM guitar, Yamaha APX7,Fender Ultralight, Brown Note 18w, Purkhiser Amp, Firebelly Deluxe Reverb,  Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, AYA Drivesta,

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #487 on: March 26, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
Ang dami magagandang amp..grabe di ko kaya ung iba.hehe
e2 lng akin.. :-)

Asa pinas..

e2 sa singapore..

PEACE..GODBLEss

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #488 on: March 27, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
Eto sa akin!

Diyos ko, ang dadaming pera ng mga tao.... kala ko ba recession.

@Bart: I like the way you think man! Life is short and there's so many gear to try.

:mrgreen:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #489 on: March 27, 2009, 09:49:35 PM »
Life is so short - Moffats  :lol: (they piss me off)

anyway show more amps, im prowling for some roland JC's  :-)

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #490 on: March 27, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »
Sharing my cute little monster; Marshall JCM 900 4101 Dual Reverb:-D
القيثارات القاعدة في العالم

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
I had a Tweed Champ 5F1 clone in standard size cab ( 13" X 14 1/2" X 8 7/8") with an 8" speaker. I loved it for it's portability and tone. But I made the mistake of hooking it into a 12" speaker cab and was unable rest since. Finally, I bit the bullet and had someone build me a bigger cab. I went nuts a bit further and ordered a 12" Weber 12A125 for it.
I hooked up with a guy who occasionally sells tweed cabinets on ebay. I asked him if he customizes cabs and he said 'yes'. I told him how I wanted it to look like and he said give him about a month.
I got the cab the other day and couldn't wait to slap the chassis and speaker back in. I couldn't say much about the tone as the speaker is yet to be broken in. But what a difference it made as to how big and full it sounded. It measures 16" X 17" X 10". Still very light and portable.
I just love the way the Mercury looks, specially the porthole at the back panel where one tube peeks through, so I asked him to do that on my cab. Very cool.

Here's how big it is now compared to the 5E3 and Princeton Reverb size cabs.

Before, you can really tell the size difference.

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #492 on: March 30, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »
Sharing my cute little monster; Marshall JCM 900 4101 Dual Reverb:-D

Showoff. :lol:
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #493 on: March 30, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »
i hate this thread  :x

:-o

:-D

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #494 on: March 30, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
looks familiar. may lukso ng dugo. Kanino galing?

Got it from Romy here in Philmusic, dont know whose it was prior to him though. :)
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #495 on: March 30, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »
Showoff. :lol:
I inherited it from you (both the amp and on being a showoff)!  :lol:
القيثارات القاعدة في العالم

Offline orangeogre

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2009, 06:22:17 AM »
I had a Tweed Champ 5F1 clone in standard size cab ( 13" X 14 1/2" X 8 7/8") with an 8" speaker. I loved it for it's portability and tone. But I made the mistake of hooking it into a 12" speaker cab and was unable rest since. Finally, I bit the bullet and had someone build me a bigger cab. I went nuts a bit further and ordered a 12" Weber 12A125 for it.
I hooked up with a guy who occasionally sells tweed cabinets on ebay. I asked him if he customizes cabs and he said 'yes'. I told him how I wanted it to look like and he said give him about a month.
I got the cab the other day and couldn't wait to slap the chassis and speaker back in. I couldn't say much about the tone as the speaker is yet to be broken in. But what a difference it made as to how big and full it sounded. It measures 16" X 17" X 10". Still very light and portable.
I just love the way the Mercury looks, specially the porthole at the back panel where one tube peeks through, so I asked him to do that on my cab. Very cool.

Here's how big it is now compared to the 5E3 and Princeton Reverb size cabs.

Before, you can really tell the size difference.

Galing talaga ng craftsmanship, yan ang hindi natin talaga magaya.

Offline yearling

« Reply #497 on: April 11, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
amps ko po...

For my reference: jaded214,bryanskee, bh, peterpunks, ryanditmital, cokeandjahsmoke, lindtaylor, BrianLP, Moncseb, yeyeh, gunslinger13, wannabeguitarist, MarkV, Kurtseth, turiguiliano, Johnny_jackhammer, Ramnem, Upfront, edgarthewalrus, Lost_Keith

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #498 on: April 11, 2009, 07:08:26 PM »
rearranged

clip

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #499 on: April 11, 2009, 07:17:36 PM »
^^

Bangis!