hulika

Author Topic: SHOW ME YOUR AMP/S!  (Read 554099 times)

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Show me your AMP!
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2008, 05:36:36 PM »
Guys, i guess it's confirmed about my Peavey Delta Blues 210. I sold it 3-4 years ago to a guy where we met at a gas station at Makati (Shell), i sold the amp for about 18k-20k. I was really depressed letting the amp go.

What really got me to cry when he i got a text from him saying that the amp sounded really good. I really needed an amp bad because i was headed for depression...(it was that bad my friends). So, i opted to go back to solid state and found the Carvin SX100 very very nice and it got me to smile and somewhat forget about the loss of a friend (my peavey  :-D)

To make the story short: Chris_jean was selling a Peavey Delta Blues 210 in the classifieds last year. When i saw it, my heart was pounding like metronome out of control. I had to get that amp, i don't why but i had to have it. So i contacted him, we talked so he was willing to sell the amp. One day he texted me saying that he had to decline because he wasn't able to get the guitar he wanted for sale in the forums, so i told him no problem.

Don't know how long it took but he then texted asking if i was still interested, i totally said yes, just give me time to sell my Peavey 5150. Guys, i was so desperate i sold the head dirt cheap to a lurker in the forums. The cabinet is now with Turi.

I picked up Chris_jean at GMA 7 where he was carrying the amp, so we headed to my place to try the amp, my heart was pounding with joy, i don't know why. So little conversation and gave him the money which he stuffed in his shoes and took him to GMA 7 and off i went back to play with the amp.

When i saw this thread i had to post my amp. Vhunter saw it and said it used to be his amp. That didn't get my attention yet. What got my attention was when i saw the pictures of his amps, uber expensive pieces of beauty. It then hit me....I remember the conversation i had with the guy i sold my amp...He said wanted to have a clean sounding amp for his clean tone because he was using a marshall halfstack that doesn't clean up very well.

I pm'd vhunter asking the history of the peavey delta blues, he said he got it used, i then pm'd him if he got it at shell makati for 18k-20k? He laughed in his pm and said...That was you!!!!

The PRODIGAL AMP has returned to me after these years. I am never letting my amp go. It means much more to me now. Because a friend came back.

Off topic just wanted to share my joy with you guys. :-D

Cool and touchy story Mics!

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2008, 06:26:14 PM »
Mark,
Ikaw pala ang kumuha nung black na Vibro King ni Patrick. Yung green, asa kanya pa rin?

Sorry mga boss, wala akong kuha na amps lang kaya recycled pic na lang. I have a Reissue Fender Blues Deluxe (modded), and a Headstrong 5F1 Tweed Champ.

Offline astro_cigarette

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »
here are mine...

ad30vt-xl and line6 spider II

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2008, 12:07:05 AM »
here are mine...

ad30vt-xl and line6 spider II

Hmmm.. is it just me or parang mas lumiit ang ad30vt-xl compared to the previous ad30vt...? :?
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2008, 12:49:35 AM »
Marshall 9000 series preamp and 400 watt marshall poweramp. Custom made string cab.

For practice its just a peavey classic 20 straight up.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2008, 05:51:18 AM »

Little head. :-D

The Harley

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:57:39 AM by vhunter »

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »
Mark,
Ikaw pala ang kumuha nung black na Vibro King ni Patrick. Yung green, asa kanya pa rin?

Sorry mga boss, wala akong kuha na amps lang kaya recycled pic na lang. I have a Reissue Fender Blues Deluxe (modded), and a Headstrong 5F1 Tweed Champ.

Would you recommend the Headstrong?

Teka... natanong ko na ba ito?

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2008, 11:29:23 AM »

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »
Here's the Classis20

A better shot of the Marshall preamp. The stuff at the top s my unfinished pedalboard.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:17:45 PM by stringman »

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2008, 02:03:59 PM »
Would you recommend the Headstrong?

Teka... natanong ko na ba ito?

Yes and yes. :lol:

Offline spyroghyro

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
Guys, i guess it's confirmed about my Peavey Delta Blues 210. I sold it 3-4 years ago to a guy where we met at a gas station at Makati (Shell), i sold the amp for about 18k-20k. I was really depressed letting the amp go.

What really got me to cry when he i got a text from him saying that the amp sounded really good. I really needed an amp bad because i was headed for depression...(it was that bad my friends). So, i opted to go back to solid state and found the Carvin SX100 very very nice and it got me to smile and somewhat forget about the loss of a friend (my peavey  :-D)

To make the story short: Chris_jean was selling a Peavey Delta Blues 210 in the classifieds last year. When i saw it, my heart was pounding like metronome out of control. I had to get that amp, i don't why but i had to have it. So i contacted him, we talked so he was willing to sell the amp. One day he texted me saying that he had to decline because he wasn't able to get the guitar he wanted for sale in the forums, so i told him no problem.

Don't know how long it took but he then texted asking if i was still interested, i totally said yes, just give me time to sell my Peavey 5150. Guys, i was so desperate i sold the head dirt cheap to a lurker in the forums. The cabinet is now with Turi.

I picked up Chris_jean at GMA 7 where he was carrying the amp, so we headed to my place to try the amp, my heart was pounding with joy, i don't know why. So little conversation and gave him the money which he stuffed in his shoes and took him to GMA 7 and off i went back to play with the amp.

When i saw this thread i had to post my amp. Vhunter saw it and said it used to be his amp. That didn't get my attention yet. What got my attention was when i saw the pictures of his amps, uber expensive pieces of beauty. It then hit me....I remember the conversation i had with the guy i sold my amp...He said wanted to have a clean sounding amp for his clean tone because he was using a marshall halfstack that doesn't clean up very well.

I pm'd vhunter asking the history of the peavey delta blues, he said he got it used, i then pm'd him if he got it at shell makati for 18k-20k? He laughed in his pm and said...That was you!!!!

The PRODIGAL AMP has returned to me after these years. I am never letting my amp go. It means much more to me now. Because a friend came back.

Wow sir Phoenix totoo palang If you love someone (something), set it free and if it comes back again it was meant to be... parang kanta. Just kidding sir I hope it won't happen to me. Proud owner of Peavey DB210 he he. By the way I knew the guy who got your 5150. He's my friend.

Back to the topic.
Grabe mga amps drooling...

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:37 PM »
Putcha phoenix parang maluluha rin ako sa amp mo ah.  Ganda ng istorya niyo pang-telenovela...

Anyway, nagpost ako ng pics ng amps ko dito, na-quote pa nga e.  Ngayon hindi ko na makita.  Mods, binura niyo ba? Or nabura ko?  Hehehehe.

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:30 AM »
OT i went to PP and tried to hear the ROLAND microcube practice amp and all I can say its damn good!
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
Kilala ko yang gitara at Marshall ah!!!!

Here's the Classis20

A better shot of the Marshall preamp. The stuff at the top s my unfinished pedalboard.

Offline juzaen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »

ang galing talaga ng story mo..
MY TOYS: 2001 Gibson 1958 Reissue, MesaBoogie subway blues, Springfield armory XDM 40sw, CZ SP01 shadow and MY GLOCK 23 40sw

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2008, 08:41:29 PM »
Amp Owners meron akong DVDs for sale isa na dito yung "Tube Guitar Amplifier Servicing & Overhaul" baka trip nyo check nyo nalang dami pang iba...http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,78292.0.html thanks

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2008, 09:11:41 PM »
Kilala ko yang gitara at Marshall ah!!!!

Siyempre! :roll:

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
Still owned:

+ Duende, zvex, cornford, Budda. :)

Just recently owned:

HOOOLLY COOWWWW!

Offline alex_kayat

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2008, 10:04:36 AM »
Marshall 9000 series preamp and 400 watt marshall poweramp. Custom made string cab.

For practice its just a peavey classic 20 straight up.

bro pa try naman  :-)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2008, 07:23:14 AM »
no more amps there?  :?

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »
pag nagka amp ako na worthy of displaying here... post ko din!
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline nicosci

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2008, 01:46:09 PM »
This is when I inspected my new (old) amp. The cabinet was downstairs.

I regret letting this one go.

Still one of my faves.

Let USA invadeThe Philippines

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »
I'm posting this before it arrives...

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2008, 12:25:05 AM »