hulika

Author Topic: Question about buying a pair of PAs or speakers(for monitor and mic use)  (Read 935 times)

Offline thunder_god

• Veteran Member
To the MT and PA masters,

We're planning to get PAs from JB Music Glorietta 2 kse all items are on  35% discount until March 10 lang. We're looking for the cheapest PAs in store that we can use for vocals and possibly pang-output ng drum mics or just plain monitors. They have these model made by Laney na CX10A/CX10 worth 12k each so kung less 35%, 7800 na lang each. I'm not really into pro-audio stuff so I thought that all PAs when purchased,  they always come in pairs.  Yun pala, may option to buy just an active speaker, which in this case the Laney CX10A alone. So my question is since they sell the CX10As/CX10s individually, do I need to buy another CX10A para pair na sila but both are active speakers, or I need one active speaker(CX10A) and one passive speaker(CX10)  for the whole PA system to work right? Magkakaproblema ba kung parehas active speakers ang pinag-pair ko as PAs? Can I just get one active speaker(CX10A)? Power output ng CX10A is 120w @ 8ohms, tapos yung CX10 200w @ 8ohms if I'm not mistaken.

TIA sa mga replies.  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:02:31 AM by thunder_god »
"I tend to punish my gear so I like the angry Z Customs, while the classic A compliments the destruction."

Offline eirol_99

• Veteran Member
buyn 2 active speakers , di naman advisable na ikabitmo yung passive sa active.