hulika

Author Topic: how to be a dj? what equipments to buy? how to setup dj mixers etc.?  (Read 57429 times)

Offline yeOj01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
thanks for the help.

-really dreaming to be a DJ. XD
it's just a matter of perception.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: how to be a dj? what equipments to buy? how to setup dj mixers etc.?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »
2 quartz driven turntables + mixer + integrated amp or powered speakers + some old records > learn to beatmatch well > get gigs >repeat

know your songs, know your beatmatching and sharpen your skills. know how to read a crowd and be ready to change things around based on what you see. skills count much more than sharp and fancy gear. if you can't mix and can't cater to get a crowd going, you will fail miserably and get pelted with change, or worse, bottles.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline yeOj01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
so where can i buy such equipments in low prices? it's ok if it's second hand i am not that pro to spend a big amount of money.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
we have a small community of DJs... if you want i can hook you up on 2nd hand Technics Turntables and Vestax Mixer and Vinyls. Just txt me... my number is in my sig
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »
thanks for the help.

-really dreaming to be a DJ. XD

good day sir, ok to become a true dj, you dont need a very high-end equipment.. and other stuff that makes you professional.. gears are for sound and eye quality only..

the first thing you should do if your like planning a budget for your  party gears, are to learn what type of a mobile you should assemble.. is it for P.A. (Professional address) or is it (Home bases setup)

if you are planning for a P.A. mobile, then its time you buy a very powerful amps.. and learn how to hook a cross-over for your setup you need to learn the basic sound settings "Low, mid, and high", this is the most important thing that you will do for your P.A. mobile and you will need too much budget for it. sometimes other people use thier company of light and sounds. or manufacturer using hi-ends equipment. hindi naman talaga isang tao ang may ari ng isang malaking mobile.. kasi wala ata sa mundo na masyadong mayaman para makagawa ng isang sound setup na kasing laki ng gym or  basketball court.. lalo na kung puro hi-end equipment..

yung iba nga nag yayabang pa na ang mobile system nila is more hi-end kay sasayo. pero sa tutuo hindi naman kanya yun.. at sa company mobile yun. so dont worry about buying a cheap equipment, or ordinary branded dj gears  as long na proud ka dahil sayo naman lahat at ikaw lang ang mayari..

ok for the "home bases party mobile".. you need just a simple sound setup. because, that only a small area you will be djing with.. you can go for the stereo mode or even crossover. .its ok.. as long na bumabayo din ang sounds mo. that will get your performance good as a regular dj..

the most important thing to be a professional dj. is not by it's equipment by it self.. bieng a dj. you just need a two player and 1mixer. for mixing.. either
a  cdj, usb turntables, mp3s, or even just a cd player. pwde pa nga vcd player eh.. hehe as long you have a two of that and 1 mixer for mixing music.. then you are qualify to be a dj.. other dj just use other stuff to perform and add some technique for mixing.. to injoy thier djing.. but thats not it.. even you have only a two regular player and you "can mix".. then thats fine.. your a dj by your self..

the only best thing you can do to be a dj.. is to play the most best music. that your crowd will be dancing with or listening with..

yes, for your own taste of music.. you will play as you like. but! if your on a gig party. its not like what you want is what you get. the best thing to do is to play thier favorite songs..

and as me bieng a dj.. i prefer playing songs of the 80's and 90's. yes.. old songs are successful to give the crowd a hell of a party, believe it or not they will injoy it.. like new waves.. micheal/janet jacson. mc hammer.. or what ever 80's or 90's  you have.. this will gave all your crowd a party that they will injoy.. and sing too.. just remember to get thier request to continues party. but bieng your self of a dj will make you unique, so its up to you now..

i hope this will help you.. thaks and good music everyday..
Reyzuna!!!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
@dualcoil

IMHO i think the threadstarter is just a noobie in this kind of stuff not really eyeing to put up his own mobile system. Lets not complicate things... He just needs assistance i think on what setup he needs at home to get him started

@yeOj01

Like what abbys said you can start with the basic needs of a DJ.

All DJ Masters started out with a turntable not with CDJs.

Try also browsing thru youtube about DJ QBert and other DMC Hall of Famers for you to really get inspired on your goal.

2 quartz driven turntables + mixer + integrated amp or powered speakers + some old records > learn to beatmatch well > get gigs >repeat

know your songs, know your beatmatching and sharpen your skills. know how to read a crowd and be ready to change things around based on what you see. skills count much more than sharp and fancy gear. if you can't mix and can't cater to get a crowd going, you will fail miserably and get pelted with change, or worse, bottles.

Heres my current setup at home and gigging with my band

« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:06:46 PM by xjepoyx »

Offline yeOj01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 05:51:19 PM »
so if i choose to be a turntable dj where could i buy vinyls? because IMHO it's really hard to find it. especially new ones.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
so if i choose to be a turntable dj where could i buy vinyls? because IMHO it's really hard to find it. especially new ones.

Its either you buy Vinyls from DJCity.com (where is usually buy my vinyls)w/c is $12 a copy only or as i said a community of DJs supports each other and can get u vinyls from abroad. Another Option is by using a virtual turntable such as Serato Scratch Live, Stanton Final Scratch, M-Audio Connectiv or the Numark Virtual Vinyl. All music is coming from your playlist on ur computer with the live manipulation from your turntable and vinyls.

This might sound old skool coz if you really want to be a complete DJ you should know how to play with a Turntable
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 06:09:14 PM by xjepoyx »

Offline yeOj01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »
so how much does the serato thing cost? it's ok if its second hand. = )

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »
so how much does the serato thing cost? it's ok if its second hand. = )

AFAIK no one here in Manila sells 2nd Hand SSL coz once you have an SSL its really fo keeps. If you're thinking about your budget... the cheapest alternative is the M-Audio Connectiv. Almost Same functionalities and its only 16K pesos at JB Music or $295 on online Stores.

Offline yeOj01

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »
wow! that costs much. i think i must stick first for the vinyls and turntables. can you hook me up if ever? and can you tell me how much will it cost? thanks! = )

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
just add me up on YM its the same username i have here in philmusic

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 07:41:49 PM »
:-) his looking for a cheaper equipment for his dj setup? Ah ok, serato is too expensive. As me, being a dj, I don't go for a vinyl that will get my budget end up a year before making me a dj. If you start on a less budget.. Then you have to think wise before buying any equipment.
Base from what i have read. The thread starter wants cheaper equipment as a beginner.

Ok just try this, this is only my option..

If you want to mix but don’t want to be troubled looking for vinyl, and hard to find second hand serato.. try to buy  Pentium 3 or 4 desktop.. After you have a desktop.. try to download a dj programs. one that i use and  recommend is "Virtual dj" you can save and load thousands of mp3s as you like.. and you dont have to be troubled organizing your songs.. Virtual dj is like exactly a vinyl turntable with mixing cdj capability. this is your first dj kit. if you have enough budget for buying serato sound card and usb turntables then you can still  use virtual dj program. There’s nothing to waste. a serato is a program and audio interface (sound card) for a usb turntables that you can record  songs from your pc to your vinyl, or, you can just use a fake vinyl and play mp3 to your virtual dj same as a true vinyl..   So in start, you can use virtual dj for the min time.
Also it has a mixer for you to mix the two tracks..

For the sound and lights.. any simple equipment will do.. like buying  ordinary rotators. Ordinary mixer and amplifier, i recommend crown for a starter speakers. For the amplifiers, i recommend "konzert or magus power amp". For the mixer, I recommend "Better stereo mixer"

wag ka bibili  ng turntable na hindi branded or pang scratch.. from what i have known sa mga friends ko na nag kaganito.. madali ma putol ang karayom.. siguro mk2 will do. kaya lang mahirap makakita ng vinyl, at limited offer na. kung meron alam ang iba.try mo.

dont haste your self.. as soon as you get in to it.. and have enough budget for a new one.. then its time you may upgrade your equipment.. again, hope this help..

thanks and good music everyday..

:-D :-D :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:46:28 AM by dualcoil »
Reyzuna!!!

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
:-) his looking for a cheaper equipment for his dj setup.. serato is too expensive, as me, bieng a dj. i don't go for a vynil that will get my budget end up a year before making me a dj or djing. if you can just start on a less budget.. then you have to think twice before buying any equipment you will get..
from what i have read. you only have a budget for assembling a Home bases mobile..

ok just try this, this is only my option..

if you want to mix but dont want to be troubled looking for vynil, and hard to find a second hand serato.. try to buy a pentium 3 or 4 desktop.. after you have a desktop.. try to download a dj program. one that i use and i recommend is "Virtual dj" you can save and load thousands of mp3s as you like.. and you dont have to be troubled to organized your songs.. virtual dj is like exactly a vynil turntable with mixing cdj capability. this is your first dj kit. if you have a budget for buying a serato. then you still can use virtual dj program for it.. and nothing to waste. a serato is a usb turntable that you can record a song from your pc to your vynil, or, you can just use a fake vynil and play your mp3 to your virtual dj same as the true vynil..   so in start. you can use virtual dj for the min time.
it also have a mixer for you to mix the two tracks..

for the sound and lights.. any simple equipment will do.. like buying a ordinary amp.. and speakers.. i recommend crown for a starter..

dont haste your self.. as soon that you get in to it.. and have enough budget for a new one.. then its time you may upgrade your equipment.. again, hope this help..

thanks and good music everyday..

nice grammar dude :D try pasting this to MS word and you'll see everything GREEN

you know how to read right?

read this

"how to be a dj? what equipments to buy? how to setup dj mixers etc.?"

and you said?

for the sound and lights.. any simple equipment will do.. like buying a ordinary amp.. and speakers.. i recommend crown for a starter..

WHAT!?
where does it fit in Mr. mobile system?

is it for P.A. (Professional address) or is it (Home bases setup)

Maybe you mean PA - Public Address  :evil: :evil:

Home Bases? Baseball? Homerun?  :evil: :evil: :evil:

OMG!!!! im reading your post using an Indian Accent! and i understood!!!! wow!

PS: HINDI PO MASAMA MAG TAGALOG! (MIKE ENRIQUEZ accent)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:29:29 PM by moHaWk »
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 01:28:19 AM »
Maybe you mean PA - Public Address   

Home Bases? Baseball? Homerun?   

OMG!!!! im reading your post using an Indian Accent! and i understood!!!! wow!

PS: HINDI PO MASAMA MAG TAGALOG! (MIKE ENRIQUEZ accent)

did i offended you? masyado ka kasi mapuna eh,,

oops.. sori for my grammar.. wala lang gusto ko lang mag english kahit hindi ako magaling sa grammar bakit masama ba?

and sa P.A. (public Address) nga.. pero hindi naman lahat ng P.A. eh yun ang meaning.. pwede rin (Party Address) or (Peoples Address) as long na naiintindihan nya kung ano ang ibig sabihin nun.. sa tingin ko hindi ka pa aware sa lahat ng mobile. lahat ng mobile may mga kanya kanyang klase ng katangian.

"Home basis mobile, ibig lang sabihin eh pang bahay or studio type lang na mobile.. kaya nga bases eh. depende.. nakakaintindi karin ba? o talagang sa grammar kalang magaling?

for the light and sounds, kaya nga may sound ako binangit diba, at any equipment will do.. basa mo ba.. kaya nabangit ko na kahit ordinary amp lang ang bilhin nya, at sa speaker kahit crown speakers lang muna.. naiintindihan mo? ang kulang ko lang nailagay is yung lights. kaya nga naka indicate na ng simple lang eh.. edi isipin nalang nya na mga simple light lang ang hanapin nya.. i'm sure recommend naman agad nyan sa kanya is mga light effects tulad ng derby, mushroom, at lahat ng simple non intelligent lights, Ilan ba IQ mo,. for some people na mataas ang I.Q. hindi na nila kailangan e correct ang mga eto.. satingin ko, hindi karin ganun kagaling sa akala mo., and before this message.. if you can read the upper part of my second post.. naka indicate naman dun kung ano ang kanyang dapat gawin first to become a dj.. nabasa mo ba? tsk tsk tsk

WHAT!?
where does it fit in Mr. mobile system?

hindi kaba talaga nakakaintindi ng simple lang? he needs a dj gear for mixing and become one of a dj or disc jockey.. not a Mr. Mobile system. ang mobile light and sounds, po is a complete package of a sound,lights system and a dj.. kasi kung sound system lang. sound lang po ang pinag uusapan dun. pero pag mobile sound system is for all the equipment and djs.  hindi ka magiging dj kung wala kang lights.. specially sounds

wala po atang makakaintindi kung sasabihin mo lang mr. mobile system, baka mag tanong pa ang makakabasa nyan ng "ano yan system ng mobile cellphone"? hehehe  :wink:

but dont get worried.. ok lang yan. ibig sabihin lang galingan ko pa sa susunod. mas gusto ko nga yan atlist my praktisan ako sa grammar.. kung sakali man na mag post ako ulit in english language, maybe i will learn more how to speak a perfect grammar. nandyan kanaman diba hehe..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:00:36 AM by dualcoil »
Reyzuna!!!

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 02:51:10 AM »
CLASSIC :? :? :? :?!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 03:01:25 AM »

and sa P.A. (public Address) nga.. pero hindi naman lahat ng P.A. eh yun ang meaning.. pwede rin (Party Address) or (Peoples Address) as long na naiintindihan nya kung ano ang ibig sabihin nyon.. sa tingin ko hindi ka pa aware sa lahat ng mobile. lahat ng mobile may mga kanya kanyang klase ng katangian.

Nope...  Mali reasoning mo... kahit bali baliktarin... PA System is still a Public Address System... You should know that if you're really into a mobile system business FWIW.

hindi kaba talaga nakakaintindi ng simple lang? he needs a dj gear for mixing and become one of a dj or disk jockey.. not a Mr. Mobile system. ang mobile system po is a complete package of a sound system.. kasi kung sound system lang. sound lang po ang pinag uusapan dun. pero pag mobile sound system is for all the equipment and djs.

I think pare you're the one na hindi nakakaintindi... yung threadstarter eh nagtatanong ng ano ang kailangan nya to start with para maging DJ. if you'll read back your fisrt post ang daming un-neccessary things na pinost mo such as mga tungkol sa MOBILE SYSTEM. meron ka pang post na

if you are planning for a P.A. mobile, then its time you buy a very powerful amps.. and learn how to hook a cross-over for your setup you need to learn the basic sound settings "Low, mid, and high", this is the most important thing that you will do for your P.A. mobile and you will need too much budget for it. sometimes other people use thier company of light and sounds. or manufacturer using hi-ends equipment. hindi naman talaga isang tao ang may ari ng isang malaking mobile.. kasi wala ata sa mundo na masyadong mayaman para makagawa ng isang sound setup na kasing laki ng gym or  basketball court.. lalo na kung puro hi-end equipment..

yung iba nga nag yayabang pa na ang mobile system nila is more hi-end kay sasayo. pero sa tutuo hindi naman kanya yun.. at sa company mobile yun. so dont worry about buying a cheap equipment, or ordinary branded dj gears  as long na proud ka dahil sayo naman lahat at ikaw lang ang mayari..

Hindi naman relevant sa topic... at SOBRANG OFF TOPIC NA!

Anyway... ive chatted with the threadstarter already and given him some tips already...

So both of you and moHawk can settle ur problems thru PM lang and By the way FYI si moHawk ang Live Gig Sound Tech ng isang sikat na banda kaya i think he knows what he is talkin about .
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:09:10 AM by xjepoyx »

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 03:41:42 AM »

galing mag photoshop ah...

easy lang tiger!
anyway kung wala ka pake sakin ganun din ako sayo pre hehehehe... pero peace tayo ha, dinudugo na ilong ko sa indian english mo eh...

basta ako di ako affected :D olrayt rakenrol!

kinetic daze? sila ba kumanta ng electric dreams nung 80's  :?

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »
mayabang kapala eh. sa mga katulad mo wala akong oras. ok lang sana kung turuan moko sa grammar paturo ako sayo. pero sa yabang mo.. thanks nalang.. anyway

good luck and god bless nalang sainyo.. for the new dj.. pre its up to you. you are unique and its free to think wise.. good day and good music everyday..

yes. thats my photoshop bakit di kaba marunong.. nasa tao nman yan kung ano  ang paniniwala.. as i say baka nga ikaw may ganyan din hahaha 

by the way bawal po mag post dito ng other users picture or something without his permission, baka ma ban user account mo nyan hehe.. cute ko noh..  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:12:00 AM by dualcoil »
Reyzuna!!!

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 03:59:39 AM »
 :-D oh dahan dahan lang pre.. wag mo titigan pic ko ha.. baka bumigay ka nyan.. joke lang.. peace tayo pre.. parehas naman tayo music lover eh kaya dapat mag kaintindihan tayo..

baka add mo lahat ka friend list ko dyan ha, pati yung mga sikat na mobile sa list ko hehe..  :-D :mrgreen: :-) :lol: :-P
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:41:22 PM by dualcoil »
Reyzuna!!!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 04:04:07 AM »
Sobrang OT na kayo...

Offline dualcoil

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 04:05:26 AM »
Sobrang OT na kayo...

Boss KitC and other mods oh!

boss xjepoyx , pwede sayo nalang po ako mag sori.. ayaw ko po dun sa isa kasi medyo mayabang.. aaminin ko naman na yung ibang post ko medyo kumplikado at wala din sa ayus.. kung yan ang tingin ng iba.. syempre opinyon din nila yun.. kya gusto ko pa pag butihan maiigi.. katulad nyo gusto ko din maging professional sa larangan ng sound industry.. kahit pakonti-konti lang.

sa mga nang pupuna naman ng mga erros.. ayusin naman po ninyo ang pag papaliwanag. at wag naman kayo manlait alam na ngang mali or may error mamimintas kapa.. sa halip patulong nalang din. or tulungan nalang natin ang isat isa..

yan po kasi ang napapansin ko sa ibang users. karamihan ang yabang pa.

ako hindi po ako ng gaganyan dito sa thread kahit may nakita akung mali sainyo.. correct ko nalang sa sarili ko.. thats all, tpos remind ko lang, hindi yung ubod ng yabang. 

thats all. thaks and good music everyday. pasensya na sir. marunong naman ako mag pakumbaba diba hehe..

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:46:40 PM by dualcoil »
Reyzuna!!!

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »
boss xjepoyx , pwede sayo nalang po ako mag sori.. ayaw ko po dun sa isa kasi medyo mayabang.. aaminin ko naman na yung ibang post ko medyo kumplikado at wala din sa ayus.. kung yan ang tingin ng iba.. syempre opinyon din nila yun.. kya gusto ko pa pag butihan maiigi.. katulad nyo gusto ko din maging professional sa larangan ng sound industry.. kahit pakonti-konti lang.

sa mga nang pupuna naman ng mga erros.. ayusin naman po ninyo ang pag papaliwanag. at wag naman kayo manlait alam na ngang mali or may error mamimintas kapa.. sa halip patulong nalang din. or tulungan nalang natin ang isat isa..

yan po kasi ang napapansin ko sa ibang users. karamihan ang yabang pa.

ako hindi po ako ng gaganyan dito sa thread kahit may nakita akung mali sainyo.. correct ko nalang sa sarili ko.. thats all, tpos remind ko lang, hindi yung ubod ng yabang. 

thats all. thaks and good music everyday. pasensya na sir. marunong naman ako mag pakumbaba diba hehe..

in the end, i think it was clear na hindi ikaw nagyayabang. i got a clear indication of your intentions to become a DJ and that is fine, help from this forum is what will help usher in that reality. you may be a noob but everyone starts out as one - i know i had my share of questions year ago so i try and impart same help to help the rest of the folks here improve the music scene back home.

just one piece of info: learn to beat mix with regular vinyl first and then start purchasing your regular vinyl but do think about investing in FSL, Serato or Torq from M-Audio because these are cost-effective options for you to keep on using vinyl BUT take advantage of mixing songs off your laptop without having to purchase and maintain records. vinyl purchasing is an addicition, an expensive addiciton and sotring them can be cumbersome especially like the weather sa Pinas.

good luck sa ambition mo. keep the dream alive and follow them for yourself, not because other people say it can't be done. if you want to be a DJ and itch to play music, go ahead and work at it - don't do this DJ thing if it isn't true to YOUR intentions.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

LouieAzcona

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 09:59:20 AM »
@abyss - agree

@dualcoil - maniwala ka... sa lahat ng makakabasa ng thread na to... malinaw na malinaw... hindi ikaw ang nagyayabang. masanay ka nalang siguro sa kalakaran. madaming ganyan. isipin mo nalang, at least nakatulong ka.

"sa mga nang pupuna naman ng mga erros.. ayusin naman po ninyo ang pag papaliwanag. at wag naman kayo manlait alam na ngang mali or may error mamimintas kapa.. sa halip patulong nalang din. or tulungan nalang natin ang isat isa.."

wag ka mahiya magtagalog. meron nga jan mga addictus na balu-baluktot parin magenglish eh. mas nakakatawa naman un diba. haha! mahalaga, malinaw ang gusto mo parating sa mga readers. at nakakatulong ka. hindi nanlalait.

im so sorry...
back to: how to be a dj? what equipments to buy? how to setup dj mixers etc.?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
its true mali po ang reasoning ko for the  P.A. system.. but still if you just get  a Word P.A. hindi rin sya pweding sabihin agad ng (Public Address)but still, sorry for that.

Semantics.

Any speaker system that is meant to be heard by a substantial number of people in a large public area can be called a public address (PA) system. I've never known it to be called a party address or a professional address system. This means the speaker systems in churches can be considered PA systems, same with those in theme parks, large sports arenas, concert venues, malls/department stores and even that handheld bullhorn.

Lose the attitude, dualcoil. Some of the people here may have more experience in the biz than you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:53:54 AM by KitC »
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire