hulika

Author Topic: productions equipment  (Read 3072 times)

Offline marusu

• Philmusicus Noobitus
productions equipment
« on: April 11, 2005, 10:38:53 AM »
Hi!

Yamaha/Yupangco and Perfect Pitch will be having a summer sale on instruments and equipment on april 16 to 30...

My band was thinking of buying equipment that we can use in our gigs or to setup our own gig "productions" group and were thinking that this sale might be a good opportunity to get the needed stuff...

I need some advice as to what equipment/models would be better in terms of value per price.. just some opinions maybe.. we were thinking we might need 2 guitar amps, 1 bass amp, a drumset, and PA speakers... if money permits, then we'd go for a mixer and monitor speakers...

ano ba usually yung pwede na para sa mga simple bar gig setups?

i really need help, coz im not an expert on this... i only see and try to study the different setups sa mga bars during our gigs... :P

thanks!

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: productions equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
Quote from: marusu
we were thinking we might need 2 guitar amps, 1 bass amp, a drumset, and PA speakers... if money permits, then we'd go for a mixer and monitor speakers...

ano ba usually yung pwede na para sa mga simple bar gig setups?

Your priority should be the sound system.
  • How large is the audience area?
  • What is the shape of the room?
  • What are its dimensions -- length, width and if indoors, ceiling height?
  • If possible, estimate how full the audience area will be. How many seats?[/list:u] The answers to these questions will help us determine:
    • the coverage requirements for the system, and...
    • taken together with the information about the type of live music performance, the required loudness capability.[/list:u] Another question, how much is your estimated budget?
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline marusu

• Philmusicus Noobitus
productions equipment
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:19:55 AM »
Hi man! thanks for replying!

As for your questions:

the audience area is for a typical small bar venue, maybe around 50 to 100 people, largest would probably accomodate 200 seating capacity, much like FreedomBar, 6underground, or 70's Bistro type of venues...

The equipment should probably accomodate general bar areas of interest, since we plan to ship or move them around every weekend, depending on where we would like to have gigs... think of it as equipment provided by mobile soundsystems... :)

the type of music would probably be from contemporary to heavy rock, since most of our bands in our roster play in those genres...

I still have no idea for how much the equipment would costs, but taking a look at the high-end ones at yupangco.com, i would say we would reach P200k for the amps, and drumsets alone... that's way too expensive for us, so if there are cheaper alternatives without reducing quality, it would really help us...

thanks again for replying! i hope you could help us soon! :)

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
productions equipment
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 02:33:55 PM »
Hi,

Based on the music style of the bands, the sound system must be capable of achieving 100-110 decibels loudness to a venue capacity of 200 seats.

I shall send you a list of equipment you need. Please check your PM...
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline marusu

• Philmusicus Noobitus
productions equipment
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
hey thanks sir Tarkuz Toccata!

Great help here! sure, i'll drop by Audiophile to canvas prices on the equipment!

:)

thanks man!