hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 359958 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #550 on: August 01, 2010, 05:33:04 AM »
present!   :-D  medyo tambak lang sa trabaho...both my full-time job as well as my raket...

hmmmm...ako pala yung co-organizer ng set 1...lemme get back to you guys early next week.  malapit na weekend at di ako makaaccess ng PM sa bahay...   :-(

:lol: okay, I hope we can help each other put up the set lists 1 to 3, with a little help from our friends so we can start planning how we're gonna do it. Set 3 is done but its open for any suggestion as usual.

So far we don't have a keyboard player yet. Guess I have to start looking for one.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #551 on: August 02, 2010, 04:30:47 AM »
As promised here is our Selection for Set 3

Set 3 (Farewell  & Post Beatles Era)

1.   Come Together.......................... (Abbey Road)
2.   Glass OnionBack in the USSR........(White Album)
3.   I’m So Tired........... ...................(White album)
4.   Oh Darling..................................(Abbey Road)
5.   Don’t Let Me Down...................... (Let It Be)
6.   Get Back....................................(Let It Be)
7.   Across The Universe.................... (Let It Be)
8.   Let It Be ...................................(Let It Be)
9.   Something................................. (Abbey Road)
10.   While My Guitar Gently Weeps....... (White Album)
11.   My Love.................................... [Paul]
12.   My Sweet lord ............................[George]
13.   It Don’t Come Easy...................... [Ringo]
14.   Mind Games................................ [John]
15.   Real Love................................... (Anthology)

We believe this completely represents the songs from the Tension Albums, White Album(3), Abbey Road(3) & Let It Be(4). Also, We carefully selected five songs for the Post Beatles Era. :wink:

Set 3 slightly modified, para mas balance :wink:

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
Last Saturday, my friend handed me an album by Julian Lennon (John's son) entitled "Valotte." I first heard the the title track when I was in HS. Never bought the album. Ignored it for a long time. I didn't know what hit me, but one day I asked my friends who are into business of buying and selling lps to get me copy of the album. After more than 25 years, I finally have the lp (textured cover and printed in Canada, in near mint condition).

Apart from doing the vocals, Julian played bass guitar and piano in this album. I'm not reviewing this lp here because I'm not good at that. Few words may be. Four out of five stars.  :-)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #553 on: August 09, 2010, 04:54:19 AM »
Last Saturday, my friend handed me an album by Julian Lennon (John's son) entitled "Valotte." I first heard the the title track when I was in HS. Never bought the album. Ignored it for a long time. I didn't know what hit me, but one day I asked my friends who are into business of buying and selling lps to get me copy of the album. After more than 25 years, I finally have the lp (textured cover and printed in Canada, in near mint condition).

Apart from doing the vocals, Julian played bass guitar and piano in this album. I'm not reviewing this lp here because I'm not good at that. Few words may be. Four out of five stars.  :-)

I wasted no time buying a cassette tape when it was available then. A great album for me. Julian really sounded like his father John. No need to mention he also looks like his Dad.

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #554 on: August 09, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »

Take care of that record. Canadian pressed vinyl are notorious for breaking easily.

I was wondering why Julian Lennon wasn't able to sustain his career after his debut release (1984). It was a great album to listen to. My personal favorite is "Too Late For Goodbyes". After this album, he released a few more but none was well received. I hope his new album to be released next year will fare a bit better.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline plasticsoul

« Reply #555 on: August 09, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »
Take care of that record. Canadian pressed vinyl are notorious for breaking easily.

I was wondering why Julian Lennon wasn't able to sustain his career after his debut release (1984). It was a great album to listen to. My personal favorite is "Too Late For Goodbyes". After this album, he released a few more but none was well received. I hope his new album to be released next year will fare a bit better.

Julian might have peaked too early. He was in his early twenty's when he recorded his debut album under Atlantic Records. "Valotte," which is actually the name of the chateau where the album and this song were recorded, is a personal fave. The album reminds me of John and Yoko's Double Fantasy. One track sounded like "Clean Up Time" and another one the opening lines of which must have been inspired by the Rolling Stones' "Let's Spend the Night Together." From this, one can tell what contributed to Julian's pop song writing. I gave this lp 4 stars not because it was comparable to Doors' first lp or Allman Bros. Fillmore East, which by the way were also given 4 stars rating by the Rolling Stone Mag, or any other 4 star albums, but because "Valotte" placed Julian in the league of artists who contributed in the 80s. He just made something that can be considered timeless and always fresh.

BTW another friend is giving me another copy of the "Valotte" lp, this time either US or UK pressing. I never thought Canadian pressed lps are known for breaking easily. Anyway, like you said I should take care of the lp.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #556 on: August 10, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
sensya na sa abala, mga beatles fans, pero...

...my side band needs a vocalist.  '60s/'90s britpop and garage rock yung magiging template namin for our compos, but we do plan to get started with some covers, including some from the beatles. 

baka may gustong tumulong dyan.  :)  my Musicians Wanted thread isn't going anywhere so far...puro mga prospective biyahero at showband members ang mga nagp-PM at nageemail sa akin... :(
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #557 on: August 10, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Here's my list for SET 2 (psychedelic/expe era). Suggestion lang naman.

i am the walrus
lovely rita
lucy in the sky with diamonds
she said she said
taxman
i'm only sleeping
it's all too much
hey bulldog
rain
all you need is love
sgt pepper lonely hearts club band (reprise)
a day in the life
good day sunshine
with a little help from my friends
getting better

Took me 30 minutes to choose. lol
Ows? Di nga?

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »
this is a nice thread  :-)

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
Ows? Di nga?

Offline badfinger

« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »

:-o san po yong Aliw theater? Di kopalalampasin to.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »
hmmm...ayus yan ah...yun lang mahal...   :-(

@badfinger

sent you PM and SMS a couple days ago re: side project (to be influenced by a lot of '60s british sounds)...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline badfinger

« Reply #562 on: August 12, 2010, 10:14:04 PM »
hmmm...ayus yan ah...yun lang mahal...   :-(

@badfinger

sent you PM and SMS a couple days ago re: side project (to be influenced by a lot of '60s british sounds)...

you got reply sir. Check out your inbox 8-)

Offline badfinger

« Reply #563 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
Julian might have peaked too early. He was in his early twenty's when he recorded his debut album under Atlantic Records. "Valotte," which is actually the name of the chateau where the album and this song were recorded, is a personal fave. The album reminds me of John and Yoko's Double Fantasy. One track sounded like "Clean Up Time" and another one the opening lines of which must have been inspired by the Rolling Stones' "Let's Spend the Night Together." From this, one can tell what contributed to Julian's pop song writing. I gave this lp 4 stars not because it was comparable to Doors' first lp or Allman Bros. Fillmore East, which by the way were also given 4 stars rating by the Rolling Stone Mag, or any other 4 star albums, but because "Valotte" placed Julian in the league of artists who contributed in the 80s. He just made something that can be considered timeless and always fresh.

BTW another friend is giving me another copy of the "Valotte" lp, this time either US or UK pressing. I never thought Canadian pressed lps are known for breaking easily. Anyway, like you said I should take care of the lp.

It's a great Debut album by Julian. Too sad he lost the Grammy for New Artist in Sade. Alaka ko ranway winner na si Julian non, pumatok din kasi ang Smooth operator non.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:52:45 PM by badfinger »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #564 on: August 13, 2010, 06:12:03 AM »

i am the walrus
lovely rita
she said she said
taxman
i'm only sleeping
it's all too much
hey bulldog
rain
all you need is love
a day in the life
good day sunshine
getting better

It's ok with me. Haay ang dami talaga.. Ang Dr. Robert lang For No One . Pero ok na yan para sa akin bro

Offline dreamhaus09

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #565 on: August 13, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »

Wow sayang ang mahal.. Pero kung Paul Mccartney ibebenta ko TV tsaka gitara ko makapunta lang..  :-D

www.ProjectSmithereen.lens.ph
500px.com/projectsmithereen Canon EOS 1000D | Canon a3100 IS

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #566 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
@slowhandpal

got your PM and tried to reply, but your mailbox is full...  :-(  may pinagusapan din kami ni badfinger.  would you be referring to that project, or the one i originally posted about here?

@dreamhaus09

you got PM as well...this is regarding the side project i'm hoping to complete soon. 

@both

eto po yung thread, for reference...i'm thinking of the first few practices having a mix of '60s (beatles, stones, kinks, etc.) and '90s-'00s (oasis, blur, jet, strokes, etc.) covers...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,175325.0.html

sorry to thread-jack, if it seems like it...but this is my alternative course of action in search of like-minded individuals...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #567 on: August 15, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »
@slowhandpal

got your PM and tried to reply, but your mailbox is full...  :-(  may pinagusapan din kami ni badfinger.  would you be referring to that project, or the one i originally posted about here?

@dreamhaus09

you got PM as well...this is regarding the side project i'm hoping to complete soon. 

@both

eto po yung thread, for reference...i'm thinking of the first few practices having a mix of '60s (beatles, stones, kinks, etc.) and '90s-'00s (oasis, blur, jet, strokes, etc.) covers...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,175325.0.html

sorry to thread-jack, if it seems like it...but this is my alternative course of action in search of like-minded individuals...

I'm referring to your project bro. Just in case you have rehearsals here in the south.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2010, 04:55:17 AM »

i am the walrus
lovely rita
she said she said
taxman
i'm only sleeping
it's all too much
hey bulldog
rain
all you need is love
a day in the life
good day sunshine
getting better

As promised here is our Selection for Set 3

Set 3 (Farewell  & Post Beatles Era)

1.   Come Together.......................... (Abbey Road)
2.   Back in the USSR........(White Album)
3.  Helter Skelter ........... .(White album)
4.   Oh Darling..................................(Abbey Road)
5.   Don’t Let Me Down...................... (Let It Be)
6.   Get Back....................................(Let It Be)
7.   Across The Universe.................... (Let It Be)
8.   Let It Be ...................................(Let It Be)
9.   Something................................. (Abbey Road)
10.   While My Guitar Gently Weeps....... (White Album)
11.   My Love.................................... [Paul]
12.   My Sweet lord ............................[George]
13.   It Don’t Come Easy...................... [Ringo]
14.   Mind Games................................ [John]
15.   Real Love................................... (Anthology)

Finale: Golden Slumbers/ Carry That Weight/ The End

We believe this completely represents the songs from the Tension Albums, White Album(3), Abbey Road(3) & Let It Be(4). Also, We carefully selected five songs for the Post Beatles Era.

Set 1 na lang kulang.. then we can begin talking about what's next :-) :-)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:41:54 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #569 on: August 17, 2010, 04:57:26 AM »
this is a nice thread  :-)

Thanks bro. Join in :wink:

We're looking for a Keyboard Player, baka may alam kayo

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »
o sige...as an aside muna tayo....

Have you heard about this woman? She is from the most popular political family in our country. She is also the "black sheep" of that family next to her uncle. She without the slightest hesitation divulges her dirty laundry in public hoping to get the sympathy of the people.

She absolutely have very very very very little musical aptitude but was able to release several albums and even judged a talent show competition. Oddly enough, her comments gives weight so that the contestants she admires gets a lot of text votes.

Oh, her favorite band of all time is MYMP.

And - she hates the Beatles kasi raw it reminds her of old people!
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #571 on: August 17, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
o sige...as an aside muna tayo....

Have you heard about this woman? She is from the most popular political family in our country. She is also the "black sheep" of that family next to her uncle. She without the slightest hesitation divulges her dirty laundry in public hoping to get the sympathy of the people.

She absolutely have very very very very little musical aptitude but was able to release several albums and even judged a talent show competition. Oddly enough, her comments gives weight so that the contestants she admires gets a lot of text votes.

Oh, her favorite band of all time is MYMP.

And - she hates the Beatles kasi raw it reminds her of old people!

Hmmp I hope she's not a wife of a famous cager Bryan ja aja :lol: I wish I'm mistaken, seriously speaking

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #572 on: August 18, 2010, 01:13:40 AM »
hindi na siya wife...kundi EX-wife of a famous cager.   :lol:

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #573 on: August 18, 2010, 02:57:18 AM »
Hmmp I hope she's not a wife of a famous cager Bryan ja aja :lol: I wish I'm mistaken, seriously speaking

Well, she was a former partner of a former mayor, an inactive actor, a still-active-actor-that-is-now-a-Mohammedan-and-the-new-boyfriend-of-a-tv-host-that-likewise-has-a-despicable-attitude-who-can-cry-crocodile-tears, a senator-whose-presidential-ambition-was-curtailed.

O ayan, kilala niyo na!

Offline deathbystroke

• Veteran Member
« Reply #574 on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:21 AM »
Well, she was a former partner of a former mayor, an inactive actor, a still-active-actor-that-is-now-a-Mohammedan-and-the-new-boyfriend-of-a-tv-host-that-likewise-has-a-despicable-attitude-who-can-cry-crocodile-tears, a senator-whose-presidential-ambition-was-curtailed.

O ayan, kilala niyo na!

don't forget the std hehehe