hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 360458 times)

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #825 on: November 19, 2010, 05:52:13 AM »
yung noise curb...saan ba yun?  i don't mind practicing in qc, and in fact it would be better because brokensauce needs to practice the beatles songs as well.  i doubt i can reserve gig studio (where the still-unnamed garage band is practicing) for sunday, masyado na kasing short notice. 

another option, and one i strongly suggest, is soundchamber...sa la salle street siya, near aurora boulevard.  turn left bago mag-toyota aurora, then go straight until you see the studio, which has caricatures of stereotypical musicians (with elvis and michael jackson in said painting) on the wall outside.  P100/hour lang siya, at matino naman ang gamit.  yun lang di ko alam ang number niya.  kung ok kayong lahat sa soundchamber, please let me know ASAP para matext ko yung mga kabanda ko sa brokensauce.   sila yung nagrereserve kasi walang cell # ang soundchamber, landline lang.
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #826 on: November 19, 2010, 06:34:48 AM »
yung noise curb...saan ba yun?  i don't mind practicing in qc, and in fact it would be better because brokensauce needs to practice the beatles songs as well.  i doubt i can reserve gig studio (where the still-unnamed garage band is practicing) for sunday, masyado na kasing short notice.  

another option, and one i strongly suggest, is soundchamber...sa la salle street siya, near aurora boulevard.  turn left bago mag-toyota aurora, then go straight until you see the studio, which has caricatures of stereotypical musicians (with elvis and michael jackson in said painting) on the wall outside.  P100/hour lang siya, at matino naman ang gamit.  yun lang di ko alam ang number niya.  kung ok kayong lahat sa soundchamber, please let me know ASAP para matext ko yung mga kabanda ko sa brokensauce.   sila yung nagrereserve kasi walang cell # ang soundchamber, landline lang.

Ok lang sakin yan sir, mas mura mas ok. hhmmmm. las salle near aurora blvd? not familiar with the place pero text text na lang.

Noise Curb is along E. Rodriguez Ave. near St. Lukes daw
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:40:25 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #827 on: November 19, 2010, 07:28:21 AM »
Ok lang sakin yan sir, mas mura mas ok. hhmmmm. las salle near aurora blvd? not familiar with the place pero text text na lang.

Noise Curb is along E. Rodriguez Ave. near St. Lukes daw

ayos.  i'll text either one or both of the brokensauce boys to reserve the studio.   :-)
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #828 on: November 19, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »
for once i was glad i only had a few articles to write sa sideline ko.  spent most of the early afternoon and late morning trying to work out something...and woke up quite late in the process.    :-(  so far, naging productive yung usapan namin ni papotz.  pm ko na lang sa inyo (bryan & george) yung specifics...but for everyone's benefit, here are some of the key points...

1.  we have two options with headstock, and since they're booked solid for the first two weekends of december, we may have to play on sunday - one option i suggested was the afternoon of december 12, which papotz strongly discouraged.  and he has a point...maiinitan yung mga banda at guests, so it won't be comfortable.  yes, i know na taglamig dapat ngayon, but weather can be unpredictable...sobrang init nga kanina paguwi ko from work, parang summer lang...

2.  the second, and better option IMHO is december 19, sa gabi.  we can have the event run from 7pm to 1am.  most of the people i texted earlier today are okay with the 19th, though bryan mentioned it may be too far away from john lennon's death anniversary to be relevant.  i personally wouldn't mind the 19th, because given the limited time we have, beggars can't be choosy...besides, the 19th gives us another week or so to practice.

3.  there is a small chance brokensauce may back out, but if ever that happens i might ask my college buddies to fill in.  di sila masyadong nagcocover ng beatles, at sanay sila sa mga higher profile acoustic gigs, but i'll give them a shot if worst comes to worst.

4.  update sa ibang mga options - spoke to the owner of route 196 in katipunan and he told me to email them so they can send me a disclosure that needs to be filled out and signed.  this could be our chance to stick to the original december 11 schedule, but honestly medyo malabo at this point kasi medyo high-profile ang route 196, meaning the bigger indie bands play there quite a lot.  and they are only open for private parties on sundays.  couldn't find an updated number for genre bar or a working number for ride 'n' roll (di gumana yung landline na nasa website).  there is a chance i'll personally visit genre bar tomorrow, after the side band practices.

george/bryan, please check your inbox for the specifics of headstock's terms. i will be out all of saturday and won't be able to reply through PM over the weekend, but if anyone has a concern, just send me a text...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #829 on: November 20, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »

Eman didn't confirm his attendance for rehearsal tomorrow so I think it would be just proper to cancel our date tomorrow and reschedule it next sunday.

Sunday is our last card for rehearsal, I just don't understand why my calls and texts were unanswered.

@ Enzo, thanks for your efforts, I've read your P.M and understood it very much. Count me in.

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #830 on: November 21, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
uy meron palang ganito. pasali

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #831 on: November 21, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
Guys, please be advised that my Sun line is temporarily out of commission so send me PMs here or text me sa globe line ko. I can only reply during lunch time in the day because of work. Also kung may rehearsals Friday, please make it around 8 kasi my tutor ako that ends at 7.

There is another venue that suggests a bar called Genre. I hope maayos tong lugar na ito and kumpleto na ang instruments. That's what I am concerned more than everything else.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #832 on: November 22, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
uy meron palang ganito. pasali

Wooooohhh... of course bro. You're the Physicians prescription! Truly you're the answer to one of our problems.

@ Sirs Enzo, Bryan & Eman, I've played once with this brother in BF Crossroads concert, I highly recommend Rommel, he plays bass too but he's a Pro song writer and keyboard player.

The search is over for a keyboard player, I should say it now..

Welcome aboard bro :wink:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #833 on: November 22, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
Guys, please be advised that my Sun line is temporarily out of commission so send me PMs here or text me sa globe line ko. I can only reply during lunch time in the day because of work. Also kung may rehearsals Friday, please make it around 8 kasi my tutor ako that ends at 7.

There is another venue that suggests a bar called Genre. I hope maayos tong lugar na ito and kumpleto na ang instruments. That's what I am concerned more than everything else.

Sir Enzo is working on it lately. All he needs is our usual support and coordination bro.
You may PM Dariusbabylon for the keyboard chores bro, it's a short notice but he's a big lift for us. Pls get in touch to him most of the time.

With the Inclusion of Dariusbabylon, The set up may look like this

All Star Band: The BEER Men  :-)

Bryan- Keyboards/Harmonica/Guitars
Enzo- Drums, Producer
Eman- Vocals/Guitars/ Ukelele
Rommel- Keyboards/ Bass

Set 1
1.   In My Life (Eman on Vocals)
2.   Love Me Do (Rey & Eman on Vocals)
3.   I Should Have Known Better (Rey on vocals, Eman on Lead Guitar)

Note: Bryan on Keyboard & Harmonica, Rommel on Bass
All Star Band with a Little Help from Rey on Vocals & Rhythm Guitar

Set 2
1.   All You Need Is Love (Eman on Lead Guitar)
2.   Sgt. Pepper's (Reprise)
3.   Birth Day
Note: Rommel on Keyboard, Bryan on Lead Guitar, Eman on Vocals
All Star Band With a little help from Xot- Backup Vocals/Bass Guitar

Set 3
1.   Let It Be (Eman on Vocals and 2nd Lead Guitar)
2.   Band On The Run (Eman on Vocals, Bryan on slide Guitar)
3.   Something (Eman on Ukelele & vocals on 1st stanza & chorus, George & Bryan with Xot will sing the tune on remaining stanza)

Note:
All Star Band With a little help from friends:
George- Vocals/ Lead & Rhythm Guitars
Xot- Back up Vocals/ Bass Guitar

Finale:

Golden Slumbers/ Carry That Weight/ The End

Note:
Rey on vocals & George on Guitars on Golden Slumbers
Eman & Xot on back up vocals for the entire medley
Bryan & Eman on Ad Lib of The End, George on the last part leading to the ending of the song.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:34:32 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #834 on: November 22, 2010, 11:23:56 PM »
hmmmm...parang familiar etong si rommel.  might be the same guy who briefly played bass for one of my bands back in 2005...   :-D  saka ok yung "the BEER men" na band name...i usually find using band member's names as the source for a band name to be a bit cheesy and old-fashioned (again that's just me), but this is an exception to the rule...   :-)

unfortunately, due to my work schedule and the preparation i'm going through for both of my bands, not to mention coordinating with the bars, i might have to back out of my all-star band duties, or have someone help me out as a second drummer.  so far, i'm pleased with how both the side band and brokensauce were able to successfully work on 3 and a half songs in our recent practices, but we need to work double-time here...

george/bryan, i'll PM you the terms of genre bar.  as for what i can discuss in here, medyo intensive yung process nila.  i texted papotz and asked him to give me till tuesday to make a final decision...being the CEO/business manager of Zero831 it would usually be my final say, but i need your feedback here since i'm still trying to learn the ropes...

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #835 on: November 23, 2010, 06:01:58 AM »
ay, oo nga pala...george, i'm going to need a list of the rubber souls' full names as well as the other participants.  i was able to find info on the satellites on their reverbnation site, and of course the full names of brokensauce & garage band members should be no problem.  genre bar would need it for the proposal...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #836 on: November 24, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »

It looks like we'll never ran out of hindrances.. Got an email from Eman that he can't make it anymore because of his job..

I can replace him in set 1, Rey on set 2 and both of us (Rey & Me) in set 3. I don't know.. but whatever happens Enzo deserves a million thanks.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #837 on: November 24, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »
sana pumasok ang reply ko kasi nasa bahay ako, where PM isn't too reliable at all...

george, so did the beatles when they were still a group of unknowns from liverpool, touring in scotland with johnny gentle and in germany with all those other liverpool bands...they had to go through several obstacles as well...no money, no food, poor living accommodations, etc. 

kaya pa naman siguro kung wala si eman, but i think it would be better if the all-star band gets a second drummer instead.  as i said i can't really say for sure if i can still commit 100% as a musician, but i will definitely commit 100% as an organizer...

george, paano na yung nirequest ko na list of real names for yourself and the rubber souls?  i'll need it para maemail ko na ang genre bar...

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #838 on: November 25, 2010, 07:37:09 AM »
Home recordings using a Zoom H4N:
Real Love
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9913753
So Bad
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9913780

And some pleasant finds :

Band on the Run - Dave Grohl on vocals with the Paul McCartney Band (Anderson, Laborier, Wix)
feature=related

With A Little Luck - Bass, 2 synths, drums - zero guitars!
NR=1

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #839 on: November 25, 2010, 07:52:13 AM »
Home recordings using a Zoom H4N:
Real Love
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9913753
So Bad
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9913780

And some pleasant finds :

Band on the Run - Dave Grohl on vocals with the Paul McCartney Band (Anderson, Laborier, Wix)
feature=related

With A Little Luck - Bass, 2 synths, drums - zero guitars!
NR=1

nice finds indeed!  too bad di ko mapanood dito sa office.  got my PM?  i forgot to ask if you know anyone who's good in graphic design...i can design a poster for the event with photoshop but it may not look too professional...haven't used photoshop in ages...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #840 on: November 25, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
Rommel is heaven sent :wink:.. No kidding but when I got the word from Eman that his job schedule can’t allow him to join us anymore. I thought that this may not be the right time yet for this project to be realized. I thought the hole left is just too big for me fill it given the spare time we have. I was in the brink of giving up when I thank Enzo for his dedication until Dariusbabylon sent me PM. Thanks a lot bro. Pardon I have forgotten you when we were searching for a keyboard player during the Planning stage.

Ok Rommel now takes the role as the Main Vocalist and keyboard player for the All Star Band. Bryan may concentrate now on guitar for sets 2 & 3. I'm more than excited than it was before because he sings Paul's number being a Macca fan since birth, Rey can easily do a Lennon and I'm happy singing Georges tunes.

Let’s get going guys. The Dream lives on!  :-o

We can hold our rehearsal in Rommel’s house this Saturday at 5pm if the majority agrees. He may even shoulder the expenses for a Studio should anyone of us still finds it necessary. Let’s grab the golden opportunity guys since we have not started anything yet, 3 hrs may not be enough for us.

All Star Band

Bryan- Guitars, harmonica, keyboard
Enzo- Drums
Rommel- Vocals, Keyboard, Bass
George- Backup vocals, guitars

Set 1
1.   In My Life (Rommel on Vocals, Bryan on Keys)
2.   Love Me Do (Rey & Rommel on Vocals)
3.   I Should Have Known Better (Rey on vocals & Lead Guitar, Bryan on Harmonica)

Set 2
1.   All You Need Is Love
2.   Sgt. Pepper's (Reprise)
3.   Birth Day

Note: Rommel on Vocals & Keyboard, Bryan on Lead Guitar,

Set 3
1.   Let It Be (me & Bryan on guitars)
2.   Band On The Run (Bryan on slide Guitar)
3.   Something (George on vocals, Live in Japan version, me and Bryan on guitars)

Note:

Finale:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:19:30 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #841 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »
Rommel is heaven sent :wink:.. No kidding but when I got the word from Eman that his job schedule can’t allow him to join us anymore. I thought that this may not be the right time yet for this project to be realized. I thought the hole left is just too big for me fill it given the spare time we have. I was in the brink of giving up when I thank Enzo for his dedication until Dariusbabylon sent me PM. Thanks a lot bro. Pardon I have forgotten you when we were searching for a keyboard player during the Planning stage.

Ok Rommel now takes the role as the Main Vocalist and keyboard player for the All Star Band. Bryan may concentrate now on guitar for sets 2 & 3. I'm more than excited than it was before because he sings Paul's number being a Macca fan since birth, Rey can easily do a Lennon and I'm happy singing Georges tunes.

Let’s get going guys. The Dream lives on!  :-o

We can hold our rehearsal in Rommel’s house this Saturday at 5pm if the majority agrees. He may even shoulder the expenses for a Studio should anyone of us still finds it necessary. Let’s grab the golden opportunity guys since we have not started anything yet, 3 hrs may not be enough for us.

All Star Band

Bryan- Guitars, harmonica, keyboard
Enzo- Drums
Rommel- Vocals, Keyboard, Bass
George- Backup vocals, guitars

Set 1
1.   In My Life (Rommel on Vocals, Bryan on Keys)
2.   Love Me Do (Rey & Rommel on Vocals)
3.   I Should Have Known Better (Rey on vocals & Lead Guitar, Bryan on Harmonica)

Set 2
1.   All You Need Is Love
2.   Sgt. Pepper's (Reprise)
3.   Birth Day

Note: Rommel on Vocals & Keyboard, Bryan on Lead Guitar,

Set 3
1.   Let It Be (me & Bryan on guitars)
2.   Band On The Run (Bryan on slide Guitar)
3.   Something (George on vocals, Live in Japan version, me and Bryan on guitars)

Note:

Finale:

Noted on this one. Send me text messages from time to time.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #842 on: November 26, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »
Rehearsals - Saturday Nov 26, 6:30-8pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paranaque-Philippines/Cherry-Studios/225945126969?v=info
50 President's Ave., BF Homes,
(Yellow 1-storey bldg across Goodyear, between Lola Idang's and Zeus Spa)
Parañaque, Philippines

Pampagana
feature=related

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #843 on: November 28, 2010, 01:13:03 PM »
Rehearsals - Saturday Nov 26, 6:30-8pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paranaque-Philippines/Cherry-Studios/225945126969?v=info
50 President's Ave., BF Homes,
(Yellow 1-storey bldg across Goodyear, between Lola Idang's and Zeus Spa)
Parañaque, Philippines

Pampagana
feature=related

Thanks a lot bro for the ride but more importantly for arranging our rehearsal last night and for bringing Edwin to play bass for us.

Get well Bryan in time for our second rehearsal tomorrow.  8-)

So glad we can play Band on the Run with Rommel on keys and vocals!

Finally, we took the first step amidst adversities hounding us.

I will be in Legaspi Tues to Sat but I will be back int ime for our third and perhaps our final rehearsal.

@ Enzo, Rommel and Bryan just keep me updated, I might not have access to the internet for quite a time..

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:32:24 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #844 on: November 29, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »
Real dirty recording, warts and all - today's rehearsals
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9932888

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #845 on: November 30, 2010, 12:20:55 AM »
Real dirty recording, warts and all - today's rehearsals
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=882399&songID=9932888

sayang di ako nakapunta...had to take care of my raket and woke up a bit late...

but i should be there this coming sunday.   :-)  still no update from genre, and i hope they're still interested in doing business with us...i plan to visit them as soon as i can drop by qc, but that still may be thursday night at the earliest. 

for sure, brokensauce is dropping "what you're doing", "drive my car" and "get back".  apat pa lang yung medyo pulido sa amin, but we're aiming to play at least five.  btw we're scrapping the original three songs per era, three eras per band thing...ideally each band would play their given nine songs (ten for the all-stars) but five or six would be okay due to the limited time we have to prepare...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #846 on: November 30, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »

.. and the set will be like this guys..

Set 1

a. The Sattelites Band
b. The Vast Difference

Set 2

a. The Brokensauce Band
b. No Quarrel Men (formerly The Rubber Souls Band)

set 3

All Star Band

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #847 on: November 30, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »
just a couple suggestions/updates...

george, i think it should be on a first come/first play basis, or if everybody's there by call time, dun na lang pagusapan. 

anyway, thanks to rommel for helping me scout for an alternative venue/coordinate with genre bar.    :-D  really appreciate the help.  hopefully i could have a poster created by friday...my graphic design skills, average at best about a decade ago, are eluding me...   :-(

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #848 on: December 01, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »
just a couple suggestions/updates...

george, i think it should be on a first come/first play basis, or if everybody's there by call time, dun na lang pagusapan. 

anyway, thanks to rommel for helping me scout for an alternative venue/coordinate with genre bar.    :-D  really appreciate the help.  hopefully i could have a poster created by friday...my graphic design skills, average at best about a decade ago, are eluding me...   :-(

No problem bro, suggestion sustained :wink: The way things are goin, All Star can play even  dozen of Beatle tunes. We've got the right guys within our fold.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #849 on: December 01, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
sayang di ako nakapunta...had to take care of my raket and woke up a bit late...

but i should be there this coming sunday.   :-)  still no update from genre, and i hope they're still interested in doing business with us...i plan to visit them as soon as i can drop by qc, but that still may be thursday night at the earliest.  

for sure, brokensauce is dropping "what you're doing", "drive my car" and "get back".  apat pa lang yung medyo pulido sa amin, but we're aiming to play at least five.  btw we're scrapping the original three songs per era, three eras per band thing...ideally each band would play their given nine songs (ten for the all-stars) but five or six would be okay due to the limited time we have to prepare...

ok. we'll play Drive My Car bro. Napasadahan na namin yan last Sunday. Bryan was having a day in his life :wink:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:49:02 PM by slowhandpal »