hulika

Author Topic: anu mas ok, GRF, B3, EVO,PHONIC, BEHRINGER, CROWN, LIVE,jBL, RCF?"speakers"  (Read 21582 times)

Offline MixMan

Guys if tuloy ung clash of the speakers pls post agad and better yet pm na rin me.. :-D

i know some guys sa microdata-distributor ng Electrovoice and dynacord speakers. bka mkapag demo din sila sa event.
tnx. :-D

Offline audioe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
i wouldn't really want to call it the clash of the speakers or a shootout.

the main reason why I'm pushing for this activity is for everyone to find out the strength(s) and/or weakness(es) of different brands of speakers, so when one goes out to buy a speaker for a specific application; one knows what brand/model to go for.

we're not doing this to bash or discredit any certain brand. we also don't want this to be just another "palakasan" activity. we're doing this to really find out what makes a speaker sound good. are the actual models true what to the spec sheets say?

excited? stick around, more to come mga sirs.  :lol:

Offline mbenipayo

for the heck of it, let's do a drop test as well as it does happen in the real world.:evil:
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
The B3 U10a (powered) is P12,900 per unit.  you could check with the outlets for your net price.  we usually compare the B3 10" to some other 12" competitive products with good results.  B3 U-Series speakers have die-cast woofers (even the 8" model) and paired with a compression drivers.

B3 products are designed & manufactured for 100% duty cycle, meaning, you can operate them 24/7, this is due to an efficient heat management design of the amplifiers which is the cause of many failures of other powered speakers.   

wow....thanks sa info sir. Kailangan pa pala namin magipon pa konti.

Sasagarin ko na sir. ilang watts po yung B3 U10a ang kindly give narin the price and watts of your B3 U12a. pati yung hindi active na din po sa dalawang size. para complete na report ko sa church namin. thanks! :D

Offline forerunnermusic

wow....thanks sa info sir. Kailangan pa pala namin magipon pa konti.

Sasagarin ko na sir. ilang watts po yung B3 U10a ang kindly give narin the price and watts of your B3 U12a. pati yung hindi active na din po sa dalawang size. para complete na report ko sa church namin. thanks! :D

the B3 U10 has a bi-amplified 100w + 50w amplifier crossed at 1.4khz,  don't underestimate the amp power, its all about efficiency.  

the U12A on the other hand has a 300w + 100w amplifier crossed at 1.2Khz

if you have time, have a listen at TMS Cubao.

prices will be sent via PM
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:38:21 AM by forerunnermusic »
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
ano mas maganda between b3 and evo?
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
mga sirs, please rate the following powered speakers for acoustic setup or PA system.

choices are: BETA 3
                 EVO
                 SPL
                 GRF

thanks po...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:31:26 PM by aquaracer168 »

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
mahirap yang list na yan kung hindi pa nasusubukan ng lahat....mangyayari kanya kanya nalang na opinion about sa brand. pero mahirap i-rate.

tanong ko po....ok din po ang Boston Engineering powered Speakers?

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
totoo po ba na ang RCF ART-15A ay may built in DSP kaya maganda tumunog?

Offline mbenipayo

Actually, the ART-315A does not have DSP processing inside, it just has a standard crossover and pre-equalization + really good engineering. 

manufacturing everything in-house of course has a wealth of advantages....and that is since 1949 in Reggio Emilia, ITALY

DSP is employed on the higher models like the TTL, NX and 4PRO-6001
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:20:56 AM by mbenipayo »
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline snyperboi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: anu mas ok, GRF, B3, EVO,PHONIC, BEHRINGER, CROWN, LIVE,jBL, RCF?"speakers"
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »
mga sir anu ba web site ng b3 tnx
 :-D

Offline forerunnermusic

Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
Sir ang EVO speakers forerunner pa din ang distributor? any feedback on EVO powered 18'' Subwoofer 600w?

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 07:05:05 PM »

Yes, Forerunner handles EVO Audio...wait for the new lines coming out in 2010.  Series II and new models

Are you asking about stock of the 18" Sub?  the SUB-18A?
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 08:53:49 PM »
I talked to one person from One World Music and Sports Inc. they told me that they are the new EVO distributor and Forerunner is not the distributor anymore. Is it true?

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »

This type of scenario is not new to us......Forerunner Technologies has been in the business for 10 years and it's not without hurdles.

A sales guy would usually say that pitch to get your attention then sway you to other products or they will tell you a long story that their product is EVO but that its of a different brand, make, model, whatever...blah..blah...blah....(at this point you could cut him off and sa "soooo, its not an EVO)....  try to ask them to open it up and see the components, there is a lot of ways to make a speaker look like something but to make it perform the same way and to sound the same way is a whole new ballgame.

Many have done the same tactics with B3 some years back and at the end, people have known and learned that only a real B3 speaker is a B3.

As long as there are resellers & importers in this industry who cannot sell their own products based on it's own merits..... or by having to bash another brand to make them look good...... or to blatantly "steal" someone else' hard work to benefit their own interest, the consumers/customers will always be on the losing end of the stick.

If one says they can sell you an EVO Pro Audio product, make sure they will be giving you a real EVO Pro Audio product because if they do not live up to that simple transaction, they are just out to get your hard earned money....what more can you expect for after sales support.

Just for kicks…..ask them what was the story behind the EVO brand and the philosophy on certain design features, they would probably go…..”uhhhhhhh”

Then again, if they sell you something with the EVO brand, they will find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

....of course this reaction is all in the context of...."if someone misrepresents himself" :)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 01:31:22 PM by forerunnermusic »
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
i still have my old mackie srm450s with me.  take note that the old ones are installed with rcf components.  i would say that this is the perfect all-around powered speaker. (for me)

as for the china-made brands mentioned in this thread, i would not make any recommendations.

i heard the rcf art725 2way powered speaker and this is indeed a powerful machine. although may kamahalan nga lang for a powered 2way speaker system but it is indeed powerful for its class.

the qsc powered k-series is my current favorite.  sounded perfectly like my old srm450s.  :-D

http://www.qscaudio.com/products/speakers/k_series/K_series_K12.php

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
anyone tried the fbt jolly powered speakers? made in italy daw and very good spl

Offline aquaracer168

• Veteran Member
yes, i heard RCF ART 725 sobrang lakas for a 2way powered speaker. just want to ask kung ano mas malakas RCF ART 712 (12 inch) or RCF 325(15inch) ? kasi iba talaga tumunog ang 7 series... 

Offline mbenipayo

The first time we heard the ART-725A, we were expecting something a step up from the ART-525A which was a step up from the ART-325A.   But afetr a proper A/B test, the ART-725A is actually closer a step down for the 4PRO-6001A than a step up from the other ART models.

I'd want to point out an example.  The Eastwood central plaza used to use 2-per-side of the ART-500 for live acts...... S-ONE audio (supplier) now only uses 1 pair with improved clarity.

and, as a last note, you should try carrying a pair of this, you can do it with 1 on each hand.  all drivers are NEO, the amplifier is a Digital amp at 19 kgs. each

yes, i heard RCF ART 725 sobrang lakas for a 2way powered speaker. just want to ask kung ano mas malakas RCF ART 712 (12 inch) or RCF 325(15inch) ? kasi iba talaga tumunog ang 7 series... 

Offline CodeOne

I would recommend the SPLs.  :-D I have four of the powered 15" cabinets. They're loud and very durable. The only downside is that they weigh considerably heavier than the plastic counterparts...ouch na lang sa buhatan!!!  :-o

I agree pero!! i also have four of them 2-PS15 and 2-PS15A, para sa akin same quality sila ng tunog ng TS360 ng B3... long throw ung mga drivers nila grin   

agree ako dito super ok ang spl powered speakers napakatibay even for outdoor use, malakas na maganda pa ang tunog .....

Offline triciaaruba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I think it would be a great time to organize a shoot-out, the best judge will always be your ears......anyone know of a basketball court where this can be done?  it would be healthy for everyone to hear all brands side by side....maybe based on price categories like P0.00 - P25,000, P26,000 - P50,000,  51,000 beyond..

It be great if other suppliers join in and lets have some fun!!

just when & where.

tuloy na natin to

Offline forerunnermusic

tuloy na natin to

we're just waiting for a time & a date...and a place :)
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline Jef2

• Forum Fanatic
i find the 4 brands all the same and with one common issue on the high frequency drivers - 'sirain' cla.  how du u deal with this problem?  simply replacing the diaphragms is the usual remedy but never the right solution.  du u encounter similar problems mga sirs?

thanks po...

Pls refer to this thread: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,166639.0.html  :-)

Offline ronaldium

depende siguro sa paggagamitan sa budget at sa gagamit...hehehe..
</img>