The Music Forums > Album Reviews, Demos, and New Releases

Ely Buendia's "Wanted: Bedspacer"

(1/4) > >>

pinoymusika:
Ely's new single is up and playing on PhilMusic Netradio! What do you think of it?

pinoymusika:
This was posted by "KatzKulet" on the Eraserheads mailing list:

Date: Fri Sep 1, 2000 3:24am
Subject: WanTeD: Bedspacer-LYRICS!

* * * [gooey brown stuff]..!! hihi.. narinig ko na ang WANTED ni ELY natin!!! ang
ganda!!! (o baka biased lang ako!?!) eh!!! shikes... elyng -ely ang
dating!!!!! parang nakakakilig na nakakalungkot na gusto mo shang yakapen..
haay. anyway... eto ang liriks! hihi... yung simulang tugtog parang
"sinturong pangkaligtasan" pero di naman as in. naalala ko lang.... [yehey!
may radio na ko sa comp! hehe. ininstall ko talaga para lang dyan!]

tiway sa philmusic!!!!!!!! =)
anyway. tama na ang dakdak.. eto...

------
"Wanted: Bedspacer"
words & music by: Ely Buendia
produced by him also

Wanted bedspacer na mabaet
dapat ay marunong magligpet

wanted, kailangan
bakante na naman

wanted bedspacer ngayong gabe
kailangan ko ng katabe

wanted, kailangan
bakante na naman

wanted bedspacer inquire inside
hinding-hindi na makapag-antay

wanted, kailangan
bakante na naman

wanted: bedspacer...

--->
"for d." raw. wow naman... nakakaingget!! biruin nyo, mahal na nga sha ni
ely, tapos dedicated pa sa kanya ang buong album... how sweet is that??? ang
swerte ni D!!! =)
haaaaayyy... inggit ako!! waahhH!!! ILA!! pakinggan mo na!!! dali!!!! at yung
ibang di pa naririnig!! okay sha!!!!
sabi diba kelangan daw nya ng katabe... ako na lang!! ako na lang!!! hehehe..
marunong naman akong magligpet eh!!! mabait naman ako ah?!

shutup ka na nga!
hehe.
-[k][a][t][z][k][L][t][z]-
nanginginig.
nanlalamig.
di mapakali.
tinamaan na naman ni ELY.

Deacon_Frost:
Well I've heard it on the radio and what I can tell is this guy needs to stop recycling his riffs and try to write lyrics which has sense.  He is using that Beatlesque sound again and it really shows that he is running out of ideas what to write.

For many years the Eraserheads have been one of the most overrated bands in the philippine music today same with their clones Parokya Ni Edgar.  They have been living with the same five chords in their entire career that finally they have been drained out of their creative juice.

Philippine music today is at it's all time low for the past several years where every band or artist tries to completely copy the image and sound of their favorite artist e.g. Regine-Mariah; Cheese-Greyhoundz-Slapshock;Korn-Limp Bizkit Carlos Agaton-Dj Mo;2pac/Eminem.

There are no famous artist today who can come up with their own sound or image.  The lack of identity whether its from an image point of view or from a musical point of view is what's killing the Philippine Music Scene today.

I hope Our Artist takes some risk; try to expand their horizons instead of just copying the styles of American/European Artist.

If you like Ely's song fine...I dont like it..I'm quite disgusted by it but To each is his/her own right.

frodo:
Well now we know why the guy has a John Lennon poster in his apartment and always tries to approximate the vocal delivery of "Across the Universe" ... but influences (or rip-offs) aside, I'm really impressed with the sonic quality for a supposed home recording. Does anyone have any info about what's in his home studio?

plasid:
we all know this song has been getting a lot of airtime in nu. it has this distinctly alternative style instead of the sugarcoated , spoon fed , maka-masa pop that we usually get from the eheads.
it kinda sounds like a cross between the "adore" sound of smashing pumpkins and the moby.

anybody know where to listen to the other singles?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version