hulika

Author Topic: PEARL Drums and Products thread  (Read 212086 times)

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: PEARL Drums and Products thread
« Reply #750 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
It's 6ply composite shell 4 ply maple 2 inner ply birch. 5.44mm
josephmariosep.wordpress.com,josephmariosep instagram
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline smurssshhh

« Reply #751 on: August 18, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »
Ay thin sya..what sound does thin shells produce ba sir?more focused and resonant? :)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #752 on: August 18, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »
Ay thin sya..what sound does thin shells produce ba sir?more focused and resonant? :)

Mas Open IMHO. mas may overtone or PANG Factor. great for live settings.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #753 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:58 AM »
Yup mas open,pero the thinner the shell it looses projection pero magiging uber sensitive
Yung reference snare na nagamit ko sa gig,nagrim shot ako ng bongga,nayanig ang tenga ko
It's so frickin loud,nag reklamo Kabanda ko,hehe.
Pwede naman magreply sa pm,libre naman serbisyo ng philmusic bat ang tamad niyo pa magreply sa mga offer niyo.

Offline smurssshhh

« Reply #754 on: August 18, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
Mas Open IMHO. mas may overtone or PANG Factor. great for live settings.

Nice just the perfect thickness for me then. I like my snares to have some overtones. Thank you sir!  :-D

Yup mas open,pero the thinner the shell it looses projection pero magiging uber sensitive
Yung reference snare na nagamit ko sa gig,nagrim shot ako ng bongga,nayanig ang tenga ko
It's so frickin loud,nag reklamo Kabanda ko,hehe.

Hehe yun ang masarap sir..and your masterworks snare!  :-D

Offline yekoz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/drumsets/crystal-beat/

Pearl Acrylic drumset,,, magkakaroon kaya kay JB?

Ano magandang config at color...

Offline lawliet

• Netizen Level
« Reply #756 on: September 26, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »
Signing in lang, our Church got a Vision Birch VBA, coming from an old Genesis Series, everyone loved this one. :)

Its LOUD, kelangan tuloy VF Rute ang gamit ko... airconditioned, kulob kasi yung area siguro.

:)

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #757 on: October 16, 2014, 06:22:56 PM »
Sirs, I'm not too familiar with Pearl, hope you guys can enlighten me. I recently acquired a Pearl Sensitone Steel snare on impulse (5 or 5.5? x 14in, not sure of the depth di ko pa nasukat) since I've been waiting for the longest time for a decent deal for a metal snare. From what I know, there are ordinary and elite sensitone snares.

It has 10 bridge lugs but the badge does not have an "Elite" label. Ang nakalagay lang sa badge "Custom Alloy" on the left, "Steel Shell" on the right, "Pearl" on top and "Sensitone" at the bottom of the badge. There's no indication also where it was made. There is no other label in or out of the shell. The strainer and butt are Pearl but I have no idea about the type/model, but I noticed that the lever is maybe missing the knob since may butas.

How is my snare classified? Also, I'm not sure if I can use the hoops as reference since they may not be the original ones. It currently has flanged hoop on top and die cast at the bottom, with no Pearl label or engraving. The die cast hoop may bracket na mukhang handlebar? And, a downside, it looks like the hoops and lugs have been spray painted on ng parang silver gray...parang gusto kong tanggalin and ipa-chrome...

I'll try to post pics later...

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #758 on: October 16, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »
yan ba yung sensitone na rush from fb?
i think we need to see if its elite dude by posting the badge,meron ako nakita sa google
2 versions one is in china and the other one is in taiwan
and both showed custom alloy steel but the other one has elite made in taiwan
and the other no elite but made in china

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #759 on: October 16, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »
yan ba yung sensitone na rush from fb?
i think we need to see if its elite dude by posting the badge,meron ako nakita sa google
2 versions one is in china and the other one is in taiwan
and both showed custom alloy steel but the other one has elite made in taiwan
and the other no elite but made in china

I think the 10 lug versions are the elite ones, and the 8 lug ones are the ones that come with the kits. But I may be wrong.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline harugrugrug

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #760 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:29 PM »
I think the 10 lug versions are the elite ones, and the 8 lug ones are the ones that come with the kits. But I may be wrong.
yun din akala ko,pero meron kasi pinakita sakin si google na iba pa.tube lugs against normal lugs,hehe so pics na lang,pero i think modified
pero i maybe wrong as well sa mga theory ko lalo na sa previous post,my attention is on mixing,ehehe
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:05:28 PM by harugrugrug »

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #761 on: October 16, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »
yun din akala ko,pero meron kasi pinakita sakin si google na iba pa.tube lugs against normal lugs,hehe so pics na lang,pero i think modified
pero i maybe wrong as well sa mga theory ko lalo na sa previous post,my attention is on mixing,ehehe
10 tube lugs?  :lol:

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #762 on: October 16, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »
Here are the pics:

5 x 14in pala...I came upon this thread - http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?255474-Sensitone-history

Interesting info particularly the one about the plastic gasket behind the badge...and it appears 90s era pa ito...SR-017 ang strainer...

Haven't played it yet nakakalas pa ang kit ko but looking forward to it

Thanks sirs sa info. Sir harugrugrug may version din yata na tube lugs, sir sonicassault tama ka, parang pearl distinguished the version of sensitones that came with the vision kit from the snares na hiwalay

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:17:23 PM by gss »

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #763 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
painted yung hardware?

here's mine - black on brass

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #764 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:06 AM »
painted yung hardware?

here's mine - black on brass

Nice sensitone sir peeves...yeah painted ang hardware, i got it as is. Balak ko ipatanggal and ipa chrome. Wold you advise it? And, how do you check if the hoops are pearl? Walang engraving or labels e. TIA

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #765 on: October 17, 2014, 10:23:46 AM »
usually pearl superhoops ang kasama sa sensitone. halos same generation yung snare natin. yung akin may engraving but it doesnt really matter, it will still sound the same - orig or not.

magastos mag pachrome hehehe

tsaka yung sinasabi mo bang missing e yung hole dun sa dulo ng lever? may stud yun na nakakabit dun originally, check the right side of my snare throwoff.

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #766 on: October 17, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
You have a point there about the hoops sir peeves, curious lang kasi ako kung pearl and kung naglabas ng flange and die cast hoop combination sa sensitone...

I have no idea on the cost of chroming, mahal ba? lagpas ba ng 1k for the hoops and lugs?
and about the lever, wala ngang stud or knob yung lever, takes some effort to engage/disengage pag wala e...I read in the thread I shared above that some users were complaining about the stud making a rattling noise, so baka tinanggal ng previous owner, anyway I think I can live with the lacking stud...

thanks sir

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #767 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »
You have a point there about the hoops sir peeves, curious lang kasi ako kung pearl and kung naglabas ng flange and die cast hoop combination sa sensitone...

I have no idea on the cost of chroming, mahal ba? lagpas ba ng 1k for the hoops and lugs?
and about the lever, wala ngang stud or knob yung lever, takes some effort to engage/disengage pag wala e...I read in the thread I shared above that some users were complaining about the stud making a rattling noise, so baka tinanggal ng previous owner, anyway I think I can live with the lacking stud...

thanks sir

I also found that weird, yung flange at die cast na combo. the previous owner must have used it that way, and just decided to sell it as is.

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #768 on: October 17, 2014, 11:38:55 AM »
I also found that weird, yung flange at die cast na combo. the previous owner must have used it that way, and just decided to sell it as is.

If that's the case it's a nice modification sir, galing ng naisip nya hehe...parang stewart copeland snare na nga e, di ko lang talaga ma take yung pinintahan....

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #769 on: October 17, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
If that's the case it's a nice modification sir, galing ng naisip nya hehe...parang stewart copeland snare na nga e, di ko lang talaga ma take yung pinintahan....

can't see the pics well, pero powdercoated ba sya ng silver? sayang naman, kung may pera ako ipapa dark chrome ko yan  :-o
at least may die cast hoop na libre  :wink:

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #770 on: October 17, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »
can't see the pics well, pero powdercoated ba sya ng silver? sayang naman, kung may pera ako ipapa dark chrome ko yan  :-o
at least may die cast hoop na libre  :wink:

definitely not powder coated, more of spray painted sir...kung kaya din naman ng budget I'll go ahead with chroming...dark chrome looks nice, actually ang naiisip ko brass plating sa lugs and throw-off and chrome sa hoops, they don't give justice kasi dun sa shell, which is in pristine condition
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:52:07 AM by gss »

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #771 on: October 17, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
mukang satin chrome.
sensitone classic yung naka tube lugs sir.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #772 on: October 17, 2014, 11:56:00 AM »
definitely not powder coated, more of spray painted sir...kung kaya din naman ng budget I'll go ahead with chroming...dark chrome looks nice, actually ang naiisip ko brass plating sa lugs and throw-off and chrome sa hoops, they don't give justice kasi dun sa shell, which is in pristine condition

bad trip yun ah, spray paint  :|

Offline gss

• Veteran Member
« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »
bad trip yun ah, spray paint  :|

haha yup...ang iniisip ko na lang it can still be improved

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »
sensitone II yung start ng paggamit ng diecast and tube lugs.

weird lang yung diecast mo kasi nasa ilalim hehehe. mas ramdam mo yung effect nung diecast kung sa ibabaw.